Christmas Music

JustinHS

Sparrow
Orthodox
I'm a classical trained musician. I have a soft spot for John Rutter:

Every time I hear that commie POS Mick McCartney sing that repetitive Christmas crap song, I want to take a drill bit to my head. You could torture someone to death just repeating, "Simply having a wonderful Christmas".
My wife is classically trained in voice. She introduced me to Handel’s Messiah and Bach’s St. Matthews Passion.

075D5A9D-3208-43D6-B8B5-774CD41C87A3.jpeg

timbo

Chicken
Orthodox Inquirer
King David, the Psalmist, was also born in Bethlehem, hence the title of the song. I didn't know that until I began studying with the Orthodox. Glory to God for all things. The carol services of my youth would always begin with a solo verse of this song, hence this arrangment:

BasedBaker

Robin
Trad Catholic
I'm a sucker for the (((classic))) Christmas songs purely because they are nostalgic. Takes me back to being a child. However I do see the subversion in them. However, Roger Whittaker seems to have two great Christmas albums that stick with the theme of our Saviour. I haven't been able to confirm, but I would be willing to wager that based on a few of his songs he is a Roman Catholic. Give these a listen.

timbo

Chicken
Orthodox Inquirer

My mother's favourite! Since I've had no objection to my shameless self-promotion, I'll put up another. I was lucky to hear a Lancashire Brass band playing carols every Christmas morn when I was younger and that's part of the feel I'm going for with these songs. Making this album last year was 'instrumental' in bringing me closer to Christ and eventually to his Church (I found Orthodoxy in July this year thanks in large part to Roosh). This album was the first work I dedicated to the Glory of God and the first work I was actually able to complete to my own satisfaction and get released - all in time for Christmas, so God graced me with a small miracle to help me on my way. Well, that's how it seemed to me at least.

JoeChill

Robin
Protestant
Gold Member
German Christmas songs are underrated:

Kling, Glöckchen, or "Ring, Little Bell", is a German Christmas carol from the 19th century.

O Tannenbaum

Ihr Kinderlein Kommet

Come little children, oh come one and all
To the cradle in Bethlehem's stall
And see what on this most holy night
Our Father in heaven does for us.

Oh see in the cradle, in the nighttime stall,
See here by the light's bright-gleaming rays
In pure swaddling clothes, the Heavenly Child,
Much prettier and more loved than little angels.

There He lies, oh children, on hay and straw,
Mary and Joseph watch Him happily,
The honest shepherds kneel praying before Him,
The angels' choir joyously hovers high above.

Last edited:

timbo

Chicken
Orthodox Inquirer

Of course I'm biased, but I think the combo of chiming Telecaster and saxophone does pretty well. On the second and third verses I put in some more horns and an acoustic slide and in the final verse another friend makes an appearance with the French Horn. Pure Christmas vibes for me.

timbo

Chicken
Orthodox Inquirer

I think this is a jolly pretty melody. As usual I offer apologies for the shameless self-promotion and will accept deletion with good grace. Otherwise, I hope you like it.

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian

Of course I'm biased, but I think the combo of chiming Telecaster and saxophone does pretty well. On the second and third verses I put in some more horns and an acoustic slide and in the final verse another friend makes an appearance with the French Horn. Pure Christmas vibes for me.
This is you? It is very impressive and would be quite nice to listen to at any time of year to reduce stress.