Civil War II: The Coming Breakup of America - a book published in 1996 predicted these riots almost to the day

I don't see the type of conflicts laid about by the book coming true. Yes, the white population will steadily shrink as the 22nd century approaches, but keep in mind that Mexican-Americans tends to be very patriotic, proudly serving in the military, and many middle class blacks actually are the same way, too. And I see the federal government/military clamping down *hard* if domestic rioters/terrorists on steroids tried to tear the nation apart.

I envision more of a dark cyberpunk world of ghettos on one side, and heavily protected gated communities on the other, with hordes of cops, private security, robots and drones to maintain the status quo. America is steadily sliding into becoming a third world nation due to massive economic inequality. Or at the very least, a second world nation, like Russia.

What does worry me, is the scenario where there is a limited nuclear war against China or Russia. Or where one of those nations, emboldened by how Coronavirus hurt America, creates and releases on our shores, a super contagious and lethal genetically engineered virus that truly brings America to its knees. In either situation, the U.S. could be crippled and with the veneer of civilization ripped away, we could see a massive amount of murder, rape and general lawlessness, as our society struggles to rebuild. I've read that even just a few emp detonations over America, could leave the nation broken for 2-3 years, until our technological and economic grid could be restored.

2 Right Hands

Woodpecker
Catholic
I don't see the type of conflicts laid about by the book coming true. Yes, the white population will steadily shrink as the 22nd century approaches, but keep in mind that Mexican-Americans tends to be very patriotic, proudly serving in the military, and many middle class blacks actually are the same way, too. And I see the federal government/military clamping down *hard* if domestic rioters/terrorists on steroids tried to tear the nation apart.
Sounds more like a naive GOP propaganda and wishful thinking, sorry. The stats don't show this at all. The only Latinos in USA that are somewhat patriotic and right-leaning are Cubans but they are only a small portion of the community.

Trump Reveals He's Secretly Been Creating Clone Army In Preparation For Civil War

article-4896-1.jpg

Easy_C

Peacock
It’s coming, but overestimated on here how close it is.

It will be in another time period, maybe ~30 years from now.

Too many white SJWs that will dissipate with time

A lot of places “not on here” like the fatuous gasbag that is Tom Friedman are now saying it’s imminent. Armstrong’s model is calling for 2022.

Arado

Pelican
Gold Member
Investors are talking about civil war more and more.

Blog post by another hedge fund guy worth giving a full read

It is in times of economic distress that simmering problems rise to the surface. Multicultural societies find all that was interesting and wonderful to be the very opposite as folks turn tribal. Those with distinctive value systems tend to fair better. Japan is a good example. So is Russia today. As is much of Eastern Europe.

Diverse cultures are amazing… when times are good. When times are bad, however, we bipeds turn tribal. It’s just how we are.

A well-fed populace will set aside differences, but when the going gets tough, old animosities rise to the surface.

And this leads me to present day United States…

It’s easy enough to see that as of this writing the US is engaged in a low scale civil war. There are those who hope that the up coming November elections, once concluded, will settle things down so that some sort of normality can return.
I’ve long been saying that as far as US elections go, at this point it doesn’t matter who wins the election in November. Why?

Because the differences are now “irreconcilable” and the animosities likely to explode.

As I talk with friends in the US it seems clear to me that people are already moving towards their clan, so to speak.
I’m reminded that in 1776 the 13 colonies wanted to rid themselves of the pointy shoes in London, and today many states in the South want to rid themselves of the pointy shoes in DC. That’s now. Can you imagine what it looks like with a Democrat led government?
It is after the elections that the divorce will become obvious even to the most optimistic among us. No side will accept any outcome other than “their guy” winning. The chant “not my president” from 4 years ago was just a precursor to what I think is coming. What happens should Trump win and California or New York State says “not my president”? Civil war is what happens and the country does a Yugoslavia. It splinters. Yugoslavia had ethnicity and religion as a divisive tool, the US has race and politics.'

Another episode where the hedge fund guy talks about post election civil unrest (start at 1:17:30)

ralfy

Robin
The main cause of the breakup is rising debt as part of late capitalism. That is, from Reagan onward, both parties engaged in neoliberalism (deregulation leading to rising financial speculation and culminating in the 2008 crash, and forcing poorer economies to open up their economies through loans or aid with strings attached) and neoconservatism (the use of the military, foreign policies, and covert activities to destabilize other countries, make the weak ones dependent on the U.S., and to ensure freer access to natural resources), with the military industrial complex used to keep the petrodollar propped on, on which the rich depended for increased borrowing and spending as part of financial speculation.

Beyond that is physics, as seen in the effects of ecological damage and limits to growth.

https://www.resist.com/Onlinebooks/CWII.pdf

Civil War II: The Coming Breakup of America was published in 1996 by Thomas Chittum.

Thomas Chittum

Having read this before, when the widespread riots began I remembered this book.

Skimming through it again the author predicted things happening now and the date he said it would start was off by about a month.

How is that possible?

Sure the exact time, date, and place are not correct but this book was published about 25 years ago.... I would say that is an amazing prediction!
He's actually in Puerto Rico. Since he wrote the book, he got married and she died of cancer about 5 years ago. He visited me before he headed out to Washington for a couple of years, then he moved to Costa Rica for about a year, and has been in PR since. Given the nonsense in Cuomo's New York, I seriously doubt he will ever move to the finger lakes area.

He's actually in Puerto Rico. Since he wrote the book, he got married and she died of cancer about 5 years ago. He visited me before he headed out to Washington for a couple of years, then he moved to Costa Rica for about a year, and has been in PR since. Given the nonsense in Cuomo's New York, I seriously doubt he will ever move to the finger lakes area.
I would love to do a write up of the benefits of PR as an option as a place to move. Before it would end up with a lot of autistic screeching, but the tone of the forum is a lot better now.

Easy_C

Peacock
I’m open to hearing it. I’m admittedly skeptical at the gate because of climate considerations and supply chain logistics, but I’d love to hear the positive points. I know some of my army friends loved it down there but that was years ago and from the prospective of lower enlisted with adventurous proclivities l.

STG

Woodpecker
https://www.texasgop.org/chairman-allen-wests-response-to-scotus-decision/

Austin, TX, Release: December 11, 2020. For Immediate Release

Below is Chairman Allen West’s statement regarding the decision by the Supreme Court to dismiss Texas’ constitutionally legitimate and critical lawsuit.

“The Supreme Court, in tossing the Texas lawsuit that was joined by seventeen states and 106 US congressman, has decreed that a state can take unconstitutional actions and violate its own election law. Resulting in damaging effects on other states that abide by the law, while the guilty state suffers no consequences. This decision establishes a precedent that says states can violate the US constitution and not be held accountable. This decision will have far-reaching ramifications for the future of our constitutional republic. Perhaps law-abiding states should bond together and form a Union of states that will abide by the constitution.”

The Texas GOP will always stand for the Constitution and for the rule of law even while others don’t.

STG

Woodpecker
Well, we hit Item #7 on the Civil War II Checklist today:

Item 7: Watch for Washington D.C. to increasingly resemble the capital of some banana republic under siege by revolutionaries and mobs. Specifically, watch for riots in Washington D.C. to grow in scope until they menace the White House and the Congress. Ultimately, federal military units will have to be permanently stationed there to protect our government from its own citizens. In May, 1995, truck bomb barriers were installed in front 152 of the White House, (The New York Times. May 21,1995, p. 1) yet another indication that our government is under siege from its own citizens.

midwest_struttin

Robin
Protestant
I really think this country is on track for a civil war within the next year or two.

I do too. Where I'm stumped is when. We all know the revolution won't be televised. Now that I think about this I need to develop countermeasures should this and other sites I frequent go down. Let me also preface this by saying I denounce violence and I'm not advocating for anything. I'm just calling a spade a spade and have some predictions.
  • Law and order has already broken down. Certain minorities can't be profiled because it's racist. Lootings in 2020, imprisoning people from insurrection day, and elite scum like Epstein are above the law. The election was stolen and I believe at least 50% of republicans think Biden is not a legit president. There's rules for me, the elite and rules for thee, the peasants. Also this is just my personal experience: last year I have heard of a person in a respectable medical career who never owned a gun asking for advice on how to use and purchase one. It's not a far fetched theory to state that last year scared a lot of normies into being first time firearm owners.

• Other intelligent people think so: Brandon Smith from Alt Finance says inflation alone will do it and we are in the beginning stages of that. Will it be when gas hits $10/gallon? Or when rents are at 10K per month? Matt Braken's When the Music Stops is a must read on what could potentially happen. For example, certain prtected minorities could shut down the highways and commit assaults in the gridlock. He theorizes in another article what could potentially happen if gun confiscations happen. Thomas Chittum's book on the Civil War is a must read and eerily predicted the riots to the day. John Mark from Mark my Words advocated for secession and propertarianism but I think it will never get to that point.

• Other miscellaneous thoughts: we will see a high profile assassination in the coming years. We will see a shift from "low paying" carjackings to kidnappings. Millionaires are leaving America and that will only further accelerate the decline. Critical race theory seems to be being met with backlash, so that possibly may be a white pill. I had a couple other thoughts but decided not to post them. We all know this forum is being monitored, no need for me to draw additional attention.

Pointy Elbows

Pelican
Orthodox
Other miscellaneous thoughts: we will see a high profile assassination in the coming years.
Nancy and the Dems are waiting for the right time to move on Biden. If they can get past the mid-terms, then something happens to him and they install Harris as the muppet-in-chief. I think this gives her the last 2 years of Biden's term, plus eligibility for two full terms. TPTB would love a 10-year Harris run. Pelosi wasn't bringing up the 25th Amendment solely to protest Trump, she was laying groundwork to later move against transition man Biden. After mid-terms, if he doesn't go peaceably on the 25th amendment, then Biden better get a food taster. Like many dubiously elected leaders, their primary threat comes from within. Hence all the paranoia of old Soviet and commie leaders.

Violent False-flag bonus: If they find a dupe right-wing guy to goad into the dirty deed, they get the masses mad at the right.

midwest_struttin

Robin
Protestant
I just read this whole thread. Quoted a couple good posts. The red team planner one is a must read. I've thankfully been preparing for about 5 years. Sleep tight!

I've been reading this book and I'm on the last two chapters, so, if this is covered, my apologies.

I believe there is a growing consensus among everyone, left, right, moderate that we're being ripped apart. The idea of civil war is being taken seriously. I think we're headed in that direction. And its a multi-dimensional civil war. For instance, I have nothing in common with a person that actually thinks there is no such thing as biological sex, zero. Matter of fact, because such an assertion is so false, I regard the people who espouse such as thing as mindless automatons or radicals or both. Ergo, I really can't stand to be in the same company of said people. Indeed, we are breaking up, we are falling apart.

What comes next? Well, a civil war will be terrifying and brutal. Many think we'll splinter into numerous independent states. Simple enough. Makes sense.

Here's the thing, there is wild card that I'm having difficulty understanding. A clean break along ideological and ethnic lines is predictable. But what about the dispersion of high value military assets? From what I know, and who knows because no one knows for sure about this thing...most if not all of our ICBM nuclear missile silos are in remote areas, "fly over" country. SLBMs and tactical nukes...who knows. SLBMs have to be in the littorals close to the bases. There will be a couple of new states that emerge from this civil war as automatic global nuclear powers.

We can't come close to predicting such a complex set of outcomes at this stage. But, we can appreciate there will be more uncertainty and when you mix nuclear weapons into the equation, more uncertainty, means higher probability for some kind of nuclear incident.

The civil war will not be nuclear. That's not what I'm contending. Its the post civil war that I'm thinking about. The make-up of what was once America. If California is under Hispanic control and they just fought in a war to obtain it, how comfortable are they going to be knowing that a hostile white tribe they're likely bordering has hundreds of ICBMs?

This is all speculation. But, the post 2nd American Civil War is not going to be pleasant. And we'll likely be in some kind of sustained conflict after the lines stabilize. This part is predicted in the book. My question is, if there will be at the very least constant border disputes between newly formed post America States, what happens when we consider the distribution of America's nuclear arsenal?

Good, succinct take. We've watched what happens the past couple weeks when the police stand down: all hell breaks loose. What do you think is going to happen when the world's policeman (the U.S.) stands down and is focused entirely on its internal problems? Answer: all hell will break loose all over the world, in every hot spot that's been simmering for decades. Taiwan, North/South Korea, the Middle East, Latin America. Every country with strategic gains to be made would be seeking to take advantage of the situation while everything was in flux. We'd also probably see coups attempted by various factions in countries that have previously been fairly stable. It would be complete and utter chaos across the entire world. We would be extremely lucky to get through such a period of mass instability without nuclear weapons being launched by multiple countries.

Garuda

Pelican
Protestant

There are, after all, similarities between the present-day US and Yugoslavia circa 1990: iInflation and national debt spiraling out of control, belief in diversity as strength (“brotherhood and unity,” we called it in Yugoslavia) and insuring the equality of outcomes by treating groups differently (known as “equity” in the US), to name a few. Yugoslavia was held together by its political system, and once the people in power trampled it in the name of expediency, things went south, and fast.
Then I saw the first comment under the cartoon at Crooks and Liars: “Yep, the Republicans are the Serbs.” At which point I realized what it was supposed to mean. It wasn’t a warning or even introspection, but a foreshadowing of things to come.

What Ratt is saying, and WaPo seems to agree, is that the Democrats intend to treat the Republicans as the US has treated the Serbs in the Western narrative about Yugoslavia’s demise. The largest of Yugoslavia’s ethnic groups was blamed for its destruction and accused of starting genocidal wars in order to prevent others and their federal states from leaving and creating free, independent, democratic NATO futures for themselves. When the Serbs tried to object, they were placed under an international blockade and silenced – censored, banned, deplatformed, in modern parlance.

The article gets weird from there. This is the cartoon the author (a Serb) is talking about.

Whoever put Vukovar in Minnesota knows political history as the state had a Croatian governor in the 70's and 80's.