Civil War II: The Coming Breakup of America - a book published in 1996 predicted these riots almost to the day

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Woodpecker
Gold Member
https://abc7news.com/amp/deputy-kil...r-sergeant/6235296/?__twitter_impression=true

An active duty U.S. Air Force sergeant ambushed white police officers, killing one with gunfire.

As Rome became decadent, Romans stopped entering military service. The Roman military became composed of foreigners who had nothing in common with the Romans. They eventually helped cause the fall of Rome.

Is the U.S. military majority minority yet? When we get to the point where white U.S. citizens are being shown on TV shooting and killing rioting black Americans what side will the black U.S. soldiers take?
No...overall it's fairly close to the country as a whole demographically, however whites (and Hispanics) are actually over represented in combat arms jobs whereas many support jobs are disproportionately black.

STG

Sparrow
Trend 3 has arrived in Seattle:
Trend 3: Barricades When rioters erect barricades, they're taking an important step, consciously or unconsciously, towards creating a new nation, however small or temporary. These barricades are boundaries. They proclaim that all on one side are of the same tribe, and that all on the other side are foreigners. These barricades are physical boundaries that are preceded by and reflect the boundaries in the hearts and minds of those who erected them. After these physical barricades are torn down by the police, the barricades still remain in the hearts and minds of those who erected them, and therein lies the real problem, because barricades in hearts and minds can not be torn down by any amount of police force.
https://www.city-journal.org/antifa-seattle-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone

The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone has set a dangerous precedent: armed left-wing activists have asserted their dominance of the streets and established an alternative political authority over a large section of a neighborhood. They have claimed de facto police power over thousands of residents and dozens of businesses—completely outside of the democratic process. In a matter of days, Antifa-affiliated paramilitaries have created a hardened border, established a rudimentary form of government based on principles of intersectional representation, and forcibly removed unfriendly media from the territory.

The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone is an occupation and taking of hostages: none of the neighborhood’s residents voted for Antifa as their representative government. Rather than enforce the law, Seattle’s progressive political class capitulated to the mob and will likely make massive concessions over the next few months. This will embolden the Antifa coalition—and further undermine the rule of law in American cities.

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
Destabilization? Yes.
Culture war? Yes.

Civil war...? Not so much...

Look to 'CHAZ'.
The Clowns know how to riot, loot & protest. Yet little else.
Even without direct adversity, the Clowns are struggling to maintain any sort of viable operation or active operations.
No clue in regards to logistics.
Their operational security would probably be a joke.
They can't even agree what they are fighting for. BLM? Gay pride? General social justice?

A provocateur in their midst would not need to sabotage food supplies or cut power lines.
Simply yell out that the person with the megaphone misgendered the other person & it all falls apart...

Easy_C

Crow
It's not ANTIFA who would cause that. It's fear over inner city riots spreading out to the suburbs that made people show up with guns.

Dallas Winston

Ostrich
Gold Member
Another book which predicted this was "The 4th Turning" by Neil Howe. Written in 1998 I believe. A recent interview with the author indicates this crisis period we're in, this Fourth Turning, is a roughly 20 year period which started in 2008 and will last until about 2030.

The interview:

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
AC :

Article says cops are looking to get out of the LAPD. They might be trying to purge Police forces of regular Americans. (((Their))) people know to stay on the job and weather the storm now, but any sane individual who doesn’t know what is afoot behind the scenes, is forced to realize that any day they could encounter a hostile perp and next thing they know their entire life is ruined, they are looking at decades in the joint, and having everything they earned in their life taken away from their family by the perp and their family in the post conviction lawsuits. This might be even more about taking the Police over, as opposed to just defanging them so they can’t aid in the Storm. There is some big play here. It is too crazy a move, too likely to alienate almost the entirety of America for them to be doing it lightly.

bubs

Pigeon
I think the November election (whichever way it goes), will be the next spark to all this social unrest if there isn’t some other tinderbox moment between now and then. Only saving grace will be it’s cold outside in most parts of the country by November, and most social unrest historically seems occurs when the weather is warmer outside. Not sure about full blown civil war though.

I've been reading this book and I'm on the last two chapters, so, if this is covered, my apologies.

I believe there is a growing consensus among everyone, left, right, moderate that we're being ripped apart. The idea of civil war is being taken seriously. I think we're headed in that direction. And its a multi-dimensional civil war. For instance, I have nothing in common with a person that actually thinks there is no such thing as biological sex, zero. Matter of fact, because such an assertion is so false, I regard the people who espouse such as thing as mindless automatons or radicals or both. Ergo, I really can't stand to be in the same company of said people. Indeed, we are breaking up, we are falling apart.

What comes next? Well, a civil war will be terrifying and brutal. Many think we'll splinter into numerous independent states. Simple enough. Makes sense.

Here's the thing, there is wild card that I'm having difficulty understanding. A clean break along ideological and ethnic lines is predictable. But what about the dispersion of high value military assets? From what I know, and who knows because no one knows for sure about this thing...most if not all of our ICBM nuclear missile silos are in remote areas, "fly over" country. SLBMs and tactical nukes...who knows. SLBMs have to be in the littorals close to the bases. There will be a couple of new states that emerge from this civil war as automatic global nuclear powers.

We can't come close to predicting such a complex set of outcomes at this stage. But, we can appreciate there will be more uncertainty and when you mix nuclear weapons into the equation, more uncertainty, means higher probability for some kind of nuclear incident.

The civil war will not be nuclear. That's not what I'm contending. Its the post civil war that I'm thinking about. The make-up of what was once America. If California is under Hispanic control and they just fought in a war to obtain it, how comfortable are they going to be knowing that a hostile white tribe they're likely bordering has hundreds of ICBMs?

This is all speculation. But, the post 2nd American Civil War is not going to be pleasant. And we'll likely be in some kind of sustained conflict after the lines stabilize. This part is predicted in the book. My question is, if there will be at the very least constant border disputes between newly formed post America States, what happens when we consider the distribution of America's nuclear arsenal?

bubs

Pigeon
I've been reading this book and I'm on the last two chapters, so, if this is covered, my apologies.

I believe there is a growing consensus among everyone, left, right, moderate that we're being ripped apart. The idea of civil war is being taken seriously. I think we're headed in that direction. And its a multi-dimensional civil war. For instance, I have nothing in common with a person that actually thinks there is no such thing as biological sex, zero. Matter of fact, because such an assertion is so false, I regard the people who espouse such as thing as mindless automatons or radicals or both. Ergo, I really can't stand to be in the same company of said people. Indeed, we are breaking up, we are falling apart.

What comes next? Well, a civil war will be terrifying and brutal. Many think we'll splinter into numerous independent states. Simple enough. Makes sense.

Here's the thing, there is wild card that I'm having difficulty understanding. A clean break along ideological and ethnic lines is predictable. But what about the dispersion of high value military assets? From what I know, and who knows because no one knows for sure about this thing...most if not all of our ICBM nuclear missile silos are in remote areas, "fly over" country. SLBMs and tactical nukes...who knows. SLBMs have to be in the littorals close to the bases. There will be a couple of new states that emerge from this civil war as automatic global nuclear powers.

We can't come close to predicting such a complex set of outcomes at this stage. But, we can appreciate there will be more uncertainty and when you mix nuclear weapons into the equation, more uncertainty, means higher probability for some kind of nuclear incident.

The civil war will not be nuclear. That's not what I'm contending. Its the post civil war that I'm thinking about. The make-up of what was once America. If California is under Hispanic control and they just fought in a war to obtain it, how comfortable are they going to be knowing that a hostile white tribe they're likely bordering has hundreds of ICBMs?

This is all speculation. But, the post 2nd American Civil War is not going to be pleasant. And we'll likely be in some kind of sustained conflict after the lines stabilize. This part is predicted in the book. My question is, if there will be at the very least constant border disputes between newly formed post America States, what happens when we consider the distribution of America's nuclear arsenal?
Good points about safe maintenance and possession of nukes in a divided up country. Perhaps we see how Russia transitioned safely their nuke stockpile during the 1990’s. Not hoping for us to have a former CIA warlord to take over US however but just looking for a historical example where the world didn’t blow up when a nuke superpower collapsed.

Good points about safe maintenance and possession of nukes in a divided up country. Perhaps we see how Russia transitioned safely their nuke stockpile during the 1990’s. Not hoping for us to have a former CIA warlord to take over US however but just looking for a historical example where the world didn’t blow up when a nuke superpower collapsed.
It would be interesting to know where those nuclear assets were kept, but, we'll probably never know that for sure, because, these are highly guarded secrets. The USSR kind of died with a whimper. Was there really any sustained violence?

Again, pure speculation here, but, if Putin has a violent unstable former US, and he watches the documentary of Evergreen State College and said kinds of people take over in places like Virginia or Connecticut (both have massive naval bases, CT has a huge sub base), I can see how he'd preemptively nuke both the Groton Naval sub Base and Norfolk Naval Station.

What do you think people like Raz from CHAZ or "professor" niama lowe will do with an Ohio class submarine and 24 trident SLBMs? Putin, like you and me, would first conclude that the crew of such ships were far more likely to sink the boat, but, as the book predicts there could be sympathetic crews willing to man these vessels that would be competent enough to operate them.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Assuming no foreign power decides to launch a first strike on the US while it's breaking down, you can be sure the elites will organise the orderly extraction of all nuclear material. They have no interest in General Raz having access to cores, much less an entire device. This will all happen quietly behind the scenes. You wont even realize it's going on.

Easy_C

Crow
The issue with the US and Russia is that Russia is actively stoking the racial divide. They’ve bought ads for BLM and also have states they would support a secessionist movement.

And why wouldn’t they? The US/Israel/Saudi axis has Russia on its shit list because they want to Break up Russia’s control over natural gas. If the US splits or Balkanizes that means Israel and Saudi Arabia lose their enforcement arm.

Some rumours regarding NK attacking South Korea. And US doomsday planes in the air.
I'm wondering does anybody outside of NK and maybe China know anything about what is going on in Pyongyang? They were basically 99%locked down before they locked down for Covid and I haven't heard about Un for quite awhile now.

Uprising

Woodpecker
There will be no Second American Civil War. America is too big and too powerful to be granted the "luxury" of duking it out amongst ourselves. Whatever "ourselves" even means these days.

There's no way Americans fighting with each other does not involve every single world power coming to the North American continent to get theirs. I say North American continent because there's no way Mexico or Canada sits on the sidelines and watches, war will come to those countries whether they like it or not.

Oh what, you think the Chinese-Canadians in Western Canada around Vancouver aren't going to be a bit sympathetic to the Chinese, if they can see the winds blowing in favor of China? Especially if China agrees to elevate them to bourgeois status over the region, should China carve out some territory for themselves? Same concept with the Mexican/Texas border.

By the way, the US Navy safe guards international trade in every single ocean around the world. What happens when nobody is safeguarding worldwide trade anymore? Who fills in that void? Are others going to sit back and let that void be filled?

American Civil War 2.0 = World War Three

There's simply no other way around it.

And furthermore, I do not believe Latin America would sit this one out, like they did for all intents and purposes during the first two.

scorpion

Ostrich
Gold Member
American Civil War 2.0 = World War Three

There's simply no other way around it.
Good, succinct take. We've watched what happens the past couple weeks when the police stand down: all hell breaks loose. What do you think is going to happen when the world's policeman (the U.S.) stands down and is focused entirely on its internal problems? Answer: all hell will break loose all over the world, in every hot spot that's been simmering for decades. Taiwan, North/South Korea, the Middle East, Latin America. Every country with strategic gains to be made would be seeking to take advantage of the situation while everything was in flux. We'd also probably see coups attempted by various factions in countries that have previously been fairly stable. It would be complete and utter chaos across the entire world. We would be extremely lucky to get through such a period of mass instability without nuclear weapons being launched by multiple countries.