"Cobra Kai" YouTube Red series

RIslander said:
getdownonit said:
Only a few episodes in so far, Danny is a total beta male.

How so? He's rich, has a hot wife who doesn't bust his balls and a daughter who isn't a slut. His son sucks but you can't have it all.


He is a Beta. His wife rules. His daughter has a party trashing the house without his invitation. His fat Oompa-Loompa son treats him like a shitstain on a carpet and has about as much respect for him - also showing it.

Aside from money and a hot happy wife - he is a Beta and most importantly a Beta to his children.
 

[email protected]

Pelican
Gold Member
Zelcorpion said:
He is a Beta. His wife rules. His daughter has a party trashing the house without his invitation. His fat Oompa-Loompa son treats him like a shitstain on a carpet and has about as much respect for him - also showing it.

Aside from money and a hot happy wife - he is a Beta and most importantly a Beta to his children.

Yeah I agree about Dan(ielle) being a beta. The part where his son refuses to get off his PS Vita, and then when it's taken away physically, the fat lard ass just orders a new one. While starting Daniel in the eye. Daniel just shrugs his shoulders and is like "oh well". A true Alpha father doesn't put up with that kind of disobedience, let alone let it get to that point.

He should Crane Kick'd that little shit right there.
 

Belgrano

Ostrich
Gold Member
Cobra Kai shows no mercy with the competition

Does YouTube Red have its first hit series?

Cobra Kai, a TV offshoot of the Karate Kid film franchise, has outperformed all of its streaming competition, according to data provided to Variety by Parrot Analytics for the week of May 6-12, including Netflix’s 13 Reasons Why and Arrested Development, as well as Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale.

It marks the first time Parrot’s global data has seen a YouTube Red show top the competition, and the highest performing show ever to emerge from the two-year-old streaming service, which hasn’t yet gotten the same buzz for its content that its subscriber VOD rivals have achieved.

At its peak on May 7, Cobra Kai attracted over 54% more demand than 13 Reasons Why; more than twice the demand for The Handmaid’s Tale; and 121% more demand than another Netflix original series, Lost in Space.

Looking day by day at the week measured, only once, on May 9, did any series top Cobra Kai in demand, with 13 Reasons Why edging out the Karate TV reboot, which YouTube Red recently ordered to a second season.

Parrot Analytics’ demand expressions measure video streaming, social media, photo sharing, blogging and micro-blogging, fan and critic rating platforms, peer-to-peer protocols and downloading-streaming sites. Like many of its rivals, YouTube Red does not share audience data regarding its content.

Peak demand for Cobra Kai in May vastly outperformed the average for YouTube Red programming since the platform launched in May 2015. Demand for Cobra Kai peaked at more than 51.5 million expressions, while YouTube Red’s other programming has averaged a peak of fewer than 5 millions expressions.

The next best performing YouTube Red original, “Bad Internet,” peaked at fewer than 20 million demand expressions.

During the week of May 6-12, 13 Reasons Why peaked at averaged 40.2 million demand expressions compared to 46.9 million for Cobra Kai. Arrested Development averaged 26.8 million expressions; The Handmaid’s Tale averaged 25.1 million expressions.

No mercy!
The people want to see Cobra Kai, it's great to know that it crane kicked The Handmaid's Tale and Lost in Space.
Who would have thought that YouTube, of all places, produces a series that's surprisingly devoid of leftist propaganda.

Looking forward to season 2.
 
Very worried about Russo's daughter starting to train again. Really not looking forward to scenes of a chick fighting and beating up boys or whatever next season. I think the daughter is strangely cute though. At least the giant black girl outweighed the boys by 50lbs or more.

I really do hope they team up next season to battle Kreese. As others have pointed out, Kreese will probably corrupt Miguel or something. I foresee Lawrence initially trying to adapt and accommodate him, but eventually siding with Russo when it's clear Kreese is too out of control with his corrupting influence and evil nature. I really hope we don't see the original actors fighting or something, bad enough to see girls doing karate.

It's interesting how they sidestepped the whole existence of MMA, it's like in this alternate world, the UFC and those early fights showing "karate" champs getting their asses handed to them never happened. Not sure how it could be handled though, since MMA is clearly far superior to sport karate for actual combat, and in CobraKai's universe karate = real fighting

 

RIslander

Hummingbird
In real Karate the girls before puberty can match evenly with the boys. At least in the 1990's when I was a kid and did it. A real fight might be different but Karate requires skill as well as fitness. But these kids are 16 or so. Some girls will be able to fight the boys in competition at that age but I don't remember any ever placing in a tournament for sparring. I do remember some kicking ass when it came to kata performance though.
 

Brazilianguy

Woodpecker
GreenManaleshi said:
Very worried about Russo's daughter starting to train again. Really not looking forward to scenes of a chick fighting and beating up boys or whatever next season. I think the daughter is strangely cute though. At least the giant black girl outweighed the boys by 50lbs or more.

I really do hope they team up next season to battle Kreese. As others have pointed out, Kreese will probably corrupt Miguel or something. I foresee Lawrence initially trying to adapt and accommodate him, but eventually siding with Russo when it's clear Kreese is too out of control with his corrupting influence and evil nature. I really hope we don't see the original actors fighting or something, bad enough to see girls doing karate.

It's interesting how they sidestepped the whole existence of MMA, it's like in this alternate world, the UFC and those early fights showing "karate" champs getting their asses handed to them never happened. Not sure how it could be handled though, since MMA is clearly far superior to sport karate for actual combat, and in CobraKai's universe karate = real fighting


What I did to make my experience more enjoyable was pretend Cobra Kai Karate is a full contact style, like Kyokushin.
Kyokushin is really badass and those guys can fight and beat Muay Thai fighters.
 

RIslander

Hummingbird
Brazilianguy said:
GreenManaleshi said:
Very worried about Russo's daughter starting to train again. Really not looking forward to scenes of a chick fighting and beating up boys or whatever next season. I think the daughter is strangely cute though. At least the giant black girl outweighed the boys by 50lbs or more.

I really do hope they team up next season to battle Kreese. As others have pointed out, Kreese will probably corrupt Miguel or something. I foresee Lawrence initially trying to adapt and accommodate him, but eventually siding with Russo when it's clear Kreese is too out of control with his corrupting influence and evil nature. I really hope we don't see the original actors fighting or something, bad enough to see girls doing karate.

It's interesting how they sidestepped the whole existence of MMA, it's like in this alternate world, the UFC and those early fights showing "karate" champs getting their asses handed to them never happened. Not sure how it could be handled though, since MMA is clearly far superior to sport karate for actual combat, and in CobraKai's universe karate = real fighting


What I did to make my experience more enjoyable was pretend Cobra Kai Karate is a full contact style, like Kyokushin.
Kyokushin is really badass and those guys can fight and beat Muay Thai fighters.

Kyokushin Karate is a legit martial art. I would say one of top five or so.

 

CaptainS

Hummingbird
GreenManaleshi said:
Very worried about Russo's daughter starting to train again. Really not looking forward to scenes of a chick fighting and beating up boys or whatever next season. I think the daughter is strangely cute though.

Liberals invade everything. As soon as Cobra Kai was a hit - and especially since it was a hit because it lacked a lot of SJW BS - you can bet there were talks in Hollywood about how to infiltrate.


RIslander said:
In real Karate the girls before puberty can match evenly with the boys. At least in the 1990's when I was a kid and did it. A real fight might be different but Karate requires skill as well as fitness. But these kids are 16 or so. Some girls will be able to fight the boys in competition at that age but I don't remember any ever placing in a tournament for sparring. I do remember some kicking ass when it came to kata performance though.

Depends. A lot of old school Karate tournaments don't allow any contact. Chicks can easily flick out a backfist fast enough to score. In real life, that would only piss someone off and earn her a beating.

Bruce Lee threw that move in movies all the time. It looks cool! Fast as hell! But it just doesn't do much.

Watch this - you can see how, if action stopped the second that fist gets close, a chick could win a tournament. If you're allowed to take her to the mat and rain down hell from a full mount, then she's in serious trouble.

 

RIslander

Hummingbird
Captainstabbin said:
GreenManaleshi said:
Very worried about Russo's daughter starting to train again. Really not looking forward to scenes of a chick fighting and beating up boys or whatever next season. I think the daughter is strangely cute though.

Liberals invade everything. As soon as Cobra Kai was a hit - and especially since it was a hit because it lacked a lot of SJW BS - you can bet there were talks in Hollywood about how to infiltrate.


RIslander said:
In real Karate the girls before puberty can match evenly with the boys. At least in the 1990's when I was a kid and did it. A real fight might be different but Karate requires skill as well as fitness. But these kids are 16 or so. Some girls will be able to fight the boys in competition at that age but I don't remember any ever placing in a tournament for sparring. I do remember some kicking ass when it came to kata performance though.

Depends. A lot of old school Karate tournaments don't allow any contact. Chicks can easily flick out a backfist fast enough to score. In real life, that would only piss someone off and earn her a beating.

Bruce Lee threw that move in movies all the time. It looks cool! Fast as hell! But it just doesn't do much.

Watch this - you can see how, if action stopped the second that fist gets close, a chick could win a tournament. If you're allowed to take her to the mat and rain down hell from a full mount, then she's in serious trouble.


There was one girl in my dojo who could beat most of the guys because she was taller than all of them and a natural athlete. She had longer legs and was a good kicker and could score points. But she could kick full force and it wouldn't hurt.
 
Re watching it with my cousin and he is loving it. Especially every time Johhny mocks the SJW stuff.

Is it pervy of me as an older man to mention again how cute I think the daughter is? She has small tits and is thickish, but in a good way. I love the wholesome, "girl next door" look. She looks exactly like the girls I chased after in high school.

Also noticed that Danny's wife is Sheldon's sister in the Big Bang Theory lol. She really is a pain in his ass for the most part - she loves him but knocks him down a peg and patronizes him at every turn. No way she remains faithful over the long haul :)

And yea, Danny's hairpiece is out of control.. the man needs a GOOD transplant.
 
GreenManaleshi said:
Re watching it with my cousin and he is loving it. Especially every time Johhny mocks the SJW stuff.

Is it pervy of me as an older man to mention again how cute I think the daughter is? She has small tits and is thickish, but in a good way. I love the wholesome, "girl next door" look. She looks exactly like the girls I chased after in high school.

Also noticed that Danny's wife is Sheldon's sister in the Big Bang Theory lol. She really is a pain in his ass for the most part - she loves him but knocks him down a peg and patronizes him at every turn. No way she remains faithful over the long haul :)

And yea, Danny's hairpiece is out of control.. the man needs a GOOD transplant.

That's a new strategy I noted also in the new Deadpool 2 movie.

They seemingly mock SJW-principles, but then validate the concepts in the end - gender, "X-people vs X-men" (Deadpool wanting to be gender-neutral). The propaganda just got a bit smarter. Unfortunately I expect Cobra Kai to go the same route.

But don't take me wrong - compared with all the pure propaganda crap out there even smaller tidbits like the Hawk part is pure gold and never to be seen anywhere.
 
Zelcorpion said:
GreenManaleshi said:
Re watching it with my cousin and he is loving it. Especially every time Johhny mocks the SJW stuff.

Is it pervy of me as an older man to mention again how cute I think the daughter is? She has small tits and is thickish, but in a good way. I love the wholesome, "girl next door" look. She looks exactly like the girls I chased after in high school.

Also noticed that Danny's wife is Sheldon's sister in the Big Bang Theory lol. She really is a pain in his ass for the most part - she loves him but knocks him down a peg and patronizes him at every turn. No way she remains faithful over the long haul :)

And yea, Danny's hairpiece is out of control.. the man needs a GOOD transplant.

That's a new strategy I noted also in the new Deadpool 2 movie.

They seemingly mock SJW-principles, but then validate the concepts in the end - gender, "X-people vs X-men" (Deadpool wanting to be gender-neutral). The propaganda just got a bit smarter. Unfortunately I expect Cobra Kai to go the same route.

But don't take me wrong - compared with all the pure propaganda crap out there even smaller tidbits like the Hawk part is pure gold and never to be seen anywhere.

Notice the daughter taking up training again? sigh... Now that the series has massive success and is under the spotlight, I fully expect it to get way more SJW next season to appeal to a more "mainstream audience" because after all, they can't create anything on their own, they just take over what others have created, giving everyone the finger along the way ( comic, film, games etc).

It's an illusion that normies want all that SJW shit - the exceedingly loud tiny tiny minority bitches and moans so much that they make it seem like their demands are from the majority.
 

Renzy

Pelican
GreenManaleshi said:
Notice the daughter taking up training again? sigh... Now that the series has massive success and is under the spotlight, I fully expect it to get way more SJW next season to appeal to a more "mainstream audience" because after all, they can't create anything on their own, they just take over what others have created, giving everyone the finger along the way ( comic, film, games etc).

I think the real reason they are keen to take over popular shows and established franchises is because the audience is *already there*. They are more like advertisers than content creators. So for them, movies function more like commercials.

The end-goal of commercials is not to tell some compelling story, it's to get you to buy a product. For the Left, their ideology is the product. These movies are just vehicles for them to sell it to you. Taking over a popular franchise (like Star Wars) helps ensure their ad reaches as many "consumers" as possible.
 

Columbo

Sparrow
Johnny drinks Coors, I can't respect the guy sorry. Joke aside yeah he's dropping some Red Pill bombs but the average spectator raised on SJW religion will think he's a rude pathetic bastard who needs to be endoctrinated. While I enjoyed the show as an 80s kid myself, I still can't make my mind about it. On the one hand you'd think there's hope for red pill philosophy, the writers probably grew up watching Stallone, VanDamme action flicks. On the other hand jewtube spin doctors are masters at manipulating people. They know the red pill is gaining momentum so they hook you first to better deceive you after. Dunno man.

Frankly I don't see how they can offer an interesting sequel to season 1, they will spin the evil Kreese/Vader trying to attract the young promising champ to the dark side. Danielito will re-open Miyagi's dojo, have Johnny's son and his daughter train to finally defeat boys much stronger than her. End of season 2 will see her fighting against her former boy friend. Sequels are always weaker. Always.
 

Kid Twist

Hummingbird
Renzy said:
GreenManaleshi said:
Notice the daughter taking up training again? sigh... Now that the series has massive success and is under the spotlight, I fully expect it to get way more SJW next season to appeal to a more "mainstream audience" because after all, they can't create anything on their own, they just take over what others have created, giving everyone the finger along the way ( comic, film, games etc).

I think the real reason they are keen to take over popular shows and established franchises is because the audience is *already there*. They are more like advertisers than content creators. So for them, movies function more like commercials.

The end-goal of commercials is not to tell some compelling story, it's to get you to buy a product. For the Left, their ideology is the product. These movies are just vehicles for them to sell it to you. Taking over a popular franchise (like Star Wars) helps ensure their ad reaches as many "consumers" as possible.

I think these are good points, it's like the innate self loathing that the SJW has when (subconsciously?) understanding that they are from a culture that is advanced and formed with principles of freedom, among many others, that were informed by or have a basis in Christianity. Yet they work in that same culture to actively destroy it, take it down. In this regard they've actually lost their freedom as you say, they can't create, because they can't even recognize good and evil anymore, and thus have no virtue or true creativity in them: just chaos. Materialism and thus consumerism take over and it's just re-hashing all the old stories, but usually making them worse, and with the sole goal of profit at its end.
 

questor70

Ostrich
Kid Twist said:
they can't even recognize good and evil anymore

But they THINK they do. In fact they think they should be the sole arbiters of good and evil. This definition is, of course, self-serving.

That's really the worst thing about it, the lack of integrity in the SJW soapbox. You can't be holier than thou when your arguments are riddled with double-standards.

If people want to rally around double-standards, I'm cool with it, but just own up to it.
 
Finished the show the other day. I thought it was pretty good, Johnny definitely stole the show, loved how he kept saying red pill shit. It was nice to see positive male role models influencing pussy millennial/gen Z kids. Bonus points for making the single mothers completely worthless.

However, I am extremely weary for season 2. Now that the show has become somewhat of a sleeper hit, I think SJW stuff will slowly trickle in. I mean I never thought I'd live to see the day where Luke Skywalker become an emo nihilist sucking the testicles of an alien, so I'm prepared for anything.

Judging by the finale, I'm worried Danny's daughter will become a Mary Sue or some shit, or the other inevitable shit like the obligatory gay character or race baiting episode. I heard that Stranger Things show started good as an 80's nostalgia sort of thing, but already by season 2 the SJW shit creeped in. I hope it doesn't go to shit since its the only show I've watched in a decade, but I won't hold my breath.
 
Columbo said:
Johnny drinks Coors, I can't respect the guy sorry. Joke aside yeah he's dropping some Red Pill bombs but the average spectator raised on SJW religion will think he's a rude pathetic bastard who needs to be endoctrinated. While I enjoyed the show as an 80s kid myself, I still can't make my mind about it. On the one hand you'd think there's hope for red pill philosophy, the writers probably grew up watching Stallone, VanDamme action flicks. On the other hand jewtube spin doctors are masters at manipulating people. They know the red pill is gaining momentum so they hook you first to better deceive you after. Dunno man.

Frankly I don't see how they can offer an interesting sequel to season 1, they will spin the evil Kreese/Vader trying to attract the young promising champ to the dark side. Danielito will re-open Miyagi's dojo, have Johnny's son and his daughter train to finally defeat boys much stronger than her. End of season 2 will see her fighting against her former boy friend. Sequels are always weaker. Always.

ideally there could be a nuanced and pro masculine message told if they decide to do the Kreese/Palpatine thing. The SJW would go the lazy propaganda route by portraying Karate and masculinity as the true "evil", but I think the smarter thing to do is show that something more balanced like Miyagi-Do is a better path for a man since it teaches being both humble and strong, or maybe have Johnny and Danny combine their methods.

Also, I strongly disagree with the sequels remark. Terminator 2, Rocky 2, Austin Powers 2, The Dark Knight, Empire Strikes Back, Godfather 2, and Spider Man 2 just to name a few.
 
Top