"Cobra Kai" YouTube Red series

Bienvenuto

Pelican
Gold Member
Malone said:
TheOnceAndFutureKing said:
Malone said:
I'm watching, up to the second episode now. It hurts me to watch that fat girl (to be specific, Danny's daughter) pretend to do karate. Ick.

Also, it's clear that Danny's wife was smoking hot 15-20 years ago, but is now just a quite good milf.

LOL to be fair shes more short and thick than overweight, but i agree its painful to watch her do karate, especially in the mall fight scene in like episode 4 or 5.

image.png

"Thick" is just fat-girl code for fat.

Oh.. she's a fat bitch. Oh She Is a Fat Bitch.

There's a scene in the new series where Fat Bitch is having a "Fat Day"/ Point in Her Cycle/ Huge Water Retention Issues..

She walks into frame with her puffy/bloated/ face just at the moment that her appearance is meant to skewer one of the male leads through the heart.

Kinda Hard to Buy Into The Storyline at that point.

I was talking to a normie about it and he was complaining Cobra Kai / GoT - why are these bitches all so pudgy and ugly?

I was like well.. Its the cultural marxist view, there are no standards to be held to..
everyone is perfectly fine just as they are.

So.. Ralph Macchio being a stick thin kid who executes techniques fast I can just about buy into back in the original, he was a young and hungry actor
and after all there are peasant farmers in this world who are stick thin but still possess phenomenal strength ..

but stick thin Dad Ralph Macchio in this series?

fuck off. he cant even squat down properly to talk to his kids.. he's a string bean cripple. he can hardly move..

same for all the kids in the various dojos. They are tech neck cripples.

Apart from that Tory chick, she's athletic.. but then.. She's a "butter face".

Tinder/Instagram standards and filters have fucked us so much that people are saying that Danny's daughter isn't fat, merely 'thick' :huh:

Meanwhile tight-bodied Tory is somehow pretty.. :huh:

when in fact what we are really dealing with is the plastic squashed up (eyes are too close together) face of The Bride of Chucky (see thumbnail)

NINJA EDIT: Or maybe her eyes are too far apart? Her whole face is out of proportion, she looks like a plastic doll.. and not in a good way.

Bienvenuto said:
Malone said:
Malone said:
I'm watching, up to the second episode now. It hurts me to watch that fat girl (to be specific, Danny's daughter) pretend to do karate. Ick.

Also, it's clear that Danny's wife was smoking hot 15-20 years ago, but is now just a quite good milf.

LOL to be fair shes more short and thick than overweight, but i agree its painful to watch her do karate, especially in the mall fight scene in like episode 4 or 5.

image.png

There's a scene in the new series where Fat Bitch is having a "Fat Day"/ Point in Her Cycle/ Huge Water Retention Issues..

She walks into frame with her puffy/bloated/ face just at the moment that her appearance is meant to skewer one of the male leads through the heart.

Kinda Hard to Buy Into The Storyline at that point.

I was talking to a normie about it and he was complaining Cobra Kai / GoT - why are these bitches all so pudgy and ugly?

I was like well.. Its the cultural marxist view, there are no standards to be held to..

So.. Ralph Macchio being a stick thin kid who executes techniques fast I can just about buy into back in the original, he was a young and hungry actor
and after all there are peasant farmers in this world who are stick thin but still possess phenomenal strength ..

but stick thin Dad Ralph Macchio in this series?

fuck off. he cant even squat down properly to talk to his kids.. he's a string bean cripple. he can hardly move..

Tinder/Instagram standards and filters have fucked us so much that people are saying that Danny's daughter isn't fat, merely 'thick' :huh:

when in fact what we are really dealing with is the plastic squashed up (eyes are too close together) face of The Bride of Chucky (see thumbnail)

NINJA EDIT: Or maybe her eyes are too far apart? Her whole face is out of proportion, she looks like a plastic doll.. and not in a good way.

I'd recommend cold turkey NoFap once you start obsessing about the proportions of a chicks face, no offence dude. Give it about three months and fully clothed 6/10's will start to look hot, its more natural that way.

Also the reason the students look scrawny is because most of the actors are teens, and teens tend to look 12 when they're on screen. In the original movies the students were in their mid 20's.

I do agree Danny could use some mass gainer though.

Bienvenuto

Pelican
Gold Member
Bienvenuto said:
Malone said:
Malone said:

image.png

I'd recommend cold turkey NoFap once you start obsessing about the proportions of a chicks face, no offence dude. Give it about three months and fully clothed 6/10's will start to look hot, its more natural that way.

Also the reason the students look scrawny is because most of the actors are teens, and teens tend to look 12 when they're on screen. In the original movies the students were in their mid 20's.

So.. let's get this straight.

This fat chick in one of the lead roles Isn't Fat?

Rather.. She is Too Short for Her Weight

I need to go No Fap for a z = x + iy/ f(x + iy) = u(x,y) + iv(x,y) period because I happen to think beauty standards are plummeting.

The teens in Cobra Kai are just Not Physical, regardless of their weight, thin tall, short, fat - they just do not seem agile or acrobatic.

Here we have a teen movie that came out a couple of years after the first Karate Kid.

Note just 25 seconds of this film.. 03:30 to 03:55 where a teen girl jumps on the bed to answer the phone and then goes to sit in front of the TV.

Look at the sheer level of feline svelteness, agility, .. physical lightness even.. that came so easily to her. She's just a supporting actress.

But all the teens in this movie have the same lightness of build and lightness of movement.

This movie is a close parallel in terms of budget/ casting etc. to Cobra Kai.

In the early 2000's I took a class with 18 year olds. I had just turned 30. They could jump a table in the blink of an eye.
I could.. at the time... but the difference was -- I had to stop and THINK about it first.

Those late teens all looked tired the whole time cos they were always on the internet BUT - they didn't have smart phones back then.

So in fact I often saw middle class kids 18/19 doing back flips or back somersaults and landing them when showing off on the pavement outside the classroom.

Kids nowadays, maybe its my bias, but Im just not seeing that level of widespread natural youthful agility post-smart phone.

Same for kids in the 3rd world.

I taught in Vietnam and the poor kids from the village were just as supple and acrobatic as 80s kids were.

Dalaran talks about being Vietnamese and being able to squat Ass to Grass ATG.

"I'm so ashamed now I'm on self-imposed exile and won't be allow to assume my ancestry till I can squat properly."

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-38933-post-1923431.html#pid1923431

When I taught there recently.. The children of the rich middle class can't even touch their toes - let alone do a squat.

This is my problem. Beauty and svelteness are being memory holed and baby elephants are being venerated in their place.

The point with this video...?

05:19 Bullshitting woman says "You LOOK.. UTTERLY PERFECT" to a slim but otherwise fucking Ugly Trout who by some weird contortion is supposedly a pretty and slender sex symbol in the UK just now.

She's >meant to be< the Beauty here contrasting with the Fat Chick's Beast.

Standards are slipping.

Ralph Macchio's screen daughter is not "Too Short for her Weight".

She is Fat.

bk19xsa

Robin
I agree. I noticed this when I saw season 2 and thought that she had put even more extra weight.

She might have gone through some fitness plus martial arts training after season 1 and today's female fitness training worships only glutes and ass, so it seems she was on a protein and carbs binge and packed the extra calories. Some trainers involved might have raised an eyebrow and some 4chaners might have even trolled her on the internet but the rest of the cast and crew probably were like 'You go girl. You look beautiful and badass just the way you are. You are a sexy karate fighter girl....' .

That kind of body is no where near the agile lean figure required to be an average karate girl, let alone someone who is supposed to be real good at the art. It must be painstaking for the director and the fight choreographer involved to make her fight scenes look decent.

I see a lot of young girls with this kind of physique these days and just because they have some ass, regular guys think they are hot. No, they are fat.

These girls go to gym, grow even more bigger, especially below the torso, and then think they are fit. Do they get stronger? Do they get more athletic? Nope. They just put on more weight. When these girls should be around 110lb, they actually go from 130lb to 150lb.

As long as they will keep getting attention, no powerful persons to call them out and the media treating them like hot models, then they will keep on doing the same.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
Anyone here see the season 3 trailer? Idc to watch the show after season 2 caved in to PC culture, it's just this trailer looks like every fan theory coming true with the whole thing about Johnny and Daniel teaming up. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LcDQqGJG8pA&ved=2ahUKEwj_56zfh9jtAhXlQ98KHa3MBVwQwqsBMAR6BAgTEBo&usg=AOvVaw114OEqX9ey2HehJ9y24SIA

Cant wait.... I really enjoyed the first two seasons. It is not perfect by any means but for a modern day TV show I can deal with its shortcomings when compared to most TV shows these days.

CaptainS

Hummingbird
I watched season 3. No spoilers but it's better than season 2 and not as good as 1.

The Good:
It's about the importance of fathers (and father figures) and the responsibility of having influence over kids.
Sometimes, you have to fight, even kill, to defend yourself.
Fear is the mindkiller...to misquote Dune.

The Bad:
Nobody is bad by choice - they're just a product of environment.
Women are still beating up much bigger men.
Women age...RIP young Ali.
Daniel's daughter is still chubby, Moon is still hot but barely in it.

I watched season 3. No spoilers but it's better than season 2 and not as good as 1.

The Good:
It's about the importance of fathers (and father figures) and the responsibility of having influence over kids.
Sometimes, you have to fight, even kill, to defend yourself.
Fear is the mindkiller...to misquote Dune.

The Bad:
Nobody is bad by choice - they're just a product of environment.
Women are still beating up much bigger men.
Women age...RIP young Ali.
Daniel's daughter is still chubby, Moon is still hot but barely in it.
Friend gave me the summary cuz i didnt want to give netflix money. It just sounds dumb tbh.

Kreese is basically a 60s Batman villain by letting snakes loose in public and encouraging gang violence and theft or even going as far as attempting murder on Daniel. Just an obvious way to identify masculinity with toxicity/sociopathy.

Johnny opening a purple pill dojo is further softening his no nonsense red pill character from early season 1, as well as the softening of Hawk.

Robby, who looks like a teen heartthrob as well as the most athletic looking of all the students getting cucked by a chubby girl for a dweeby Mexican kid is implausible and hard to watch.

The usual Mary Sue nonsense of Sam effortlessly beating up on men twice her size as well as having a Rei Skywalker moment by just remembering a motivational line which helps her magically beat up a more athletically lean and aggressive girl.

I could go on with the nitpicking, but what once looked like a promising concept for a new show has just devolved into more social engineering.

I just finished watching season 3. In a word: DISPPOINTING. My beef's with season 3 were:

***SPOILERS***

1) Tory and Samantha wrecking guys left and right. Get real. In one fight a bigger guy gut punched Tory and she just shook it off like it was nothing. That's was just ridiculous. Then Samantha is wrecking guys left and right but when she faces Tory, Samantha just balls up like a little baby and starts crying? Ugh.

2) Just as ridiculous is John Kreese holding his own against much younger fighters. The Kreese character is fricking 74 years old (born in 1946 according to Google). Sorry, I'm not buying that at all. I don't care how tough and how great a fighter he was 40-45 years ago no geriatric is going to last long against trained fighters 25-40 years younger.

3) The ending fight at the LaRusso house was just boring and poorly choreographed. It had none of the drama and excitement of the school brawl at the end of season 2.

4) They finally started to give Kreese an interesting backstory and finally give his character some depth and explain to the audience why he is the way he is. I never liked the character, thought he was one dimensional, stupid, and a loser in life. So they show his time in Vietnam and how he couldn't kill his fellow soldier which led to the capture of his entire unit. Then he's forced to fight his asshole captain and just like Kreese is an asshole as well? That seems like a cop out.

5) They did nothing with Tory. They just kept her in "crazy bitch mode" pretty much the entire season. Her entire life's goal is reduced to trying to beat the crap out of Samantha every time she sees her?

6) What exactly is Kreese's motivation? Is he stuck in some sort of mental time warp? His training the new Cobra Kai students to do what exactly? Just get into constant brawls with Johnny's and Daniel's students?

I did enjoy the trip down memory lane with the Okinawan characters Kimiko and Chozen. And Ali coming back in a smaller appearance than I expected was ok. I'm glad she didn't turn out to be a love interest for Johnny or Daniel as that would have been cliche.

It looks like they are bringing back Terry Silver character for season 4?

Last edited:

Towgunner

Kingfisher
The first couple of episodes in season 1 were good. They were exploring and developing the plot line and characters. But, it was only a matter of time until this show went SJW. I'm really not into wasting my time seeing females being ass kickers. I see this as an over compensation for being naturally weaker than males. Moreover, this is not something that the average female really desires, rather, its the fantasy of women's studies professors that are unattractive and outside of the mating pool. Because of this, these women hate men, for excluding them, and, therefore, seek to destroy everything because they're mad at the world.

About the "Samantha is fat" debate...for what is worth Mary Mouser, the actress who portrays Samantha LaRusso, is listed at 5'3", 115 lbs. This gives her a BMI of 20.4 which is on the lower end of the normal weight category for women.

R.G.Camara

Kingfisher
I'm not sure what to make of this new series. It makes Daniel LaRusso look like a total douche which is kind of funny actually. Johnny looks like the protagonist and seems to want to spread some Red Pill knowledge to young boys and teach them to be masculine.

"I'm going to teach you the style of Karate that was taught to me. A method of fighting that your pansy generation desperately needs."

But then at then end some HUGE Polynesian looking chick beats the crap out one of the boys.

1. Switching the roles works well here, although they make sure not to make it as over-the-top as the original film. Daniel has gotten smug and self-assured since his victory, while Johnny has hit rock bottom and has come to terms with his "peaked-in-high school" early life, which dovetails nicely with the the actor playing Johnny (Billy Zabka) having "peaked" in his career 80's movie bully and is now a washed up retread fated only to be remembered for his past.

In other words, no one is 100% good or evil, and anyone can get too high (Daniel) or too low (Johnny) without having deserved it.

2. The chick-kicking-butt scene is sad, a negative.

3. The combat of styles is largely symbolic of the eras.

In the 1980s, Mr. Miyagi's style was needed to take down the over-aggressive style of Cobra Kai, which was built on Sensei Kreese's PTSD from Vietnam (it's established subtly in the First and Third film that Kreese was a Vietnam soldier and a hero in the war) and his disgust at America having lost that war---Kreese essentially blamed American pansiness for losing Vietnam, and sought to over-toughen the next generation (Johnny), but ended up making them into near-monsters as bullies instead of defenders and heroes. Thus, Miyagi's more zen approach was needed to balance and soften the overhardness.

But in the 2010s-2020s, the Miyagi way, having symbolically and culturally won, has gone too far and made people too soft, pansy, and manipulative. This requires correction in the form of the hyper-aggressive Cobra Kai style to make people warriors and heroes and stop being snarky dicks like Daniel has become.

It's a good metaphor for our society today.

1. Switching the roles works well here, although they make sure not to make it as over-the-top as the original film. Daniel has gotten smug and self-assured since his victory, while Johnny has hit rock bottom and has come to terms with his "peaked-in-high school" early life, which dovetails nicely with the the actor playing Johnny (Billy Zabka) having "peaked" in his career 80's movie bully and is now a washed up retread fated only to be remembered for his past.

In other words, no one is 100% good or evil, and anyone can get too high (Daniel) or too low (Johnny) without having deserved it.

2. The chick-kicking-butt scene is sad, a negative.

3. The combat of styles is largely symbolic of the eras.

In the 1980s, Mr. Miyagi's style was needed to take down the over-aggressive style of Cobra Kai, which was built on Sensei Kreese's PTSD from Vietnam (it's established subtly in the First and Third film that Kreese was a Vietnam soldier and a hero in the war) and his disgust at America having lost that war---Kreese essentially blamed American pansiness for losing Vietnam, and sought to over-toughen the next generation (Johnny), but ended up making them into near-monsters as bullies instead of defenders and heroes. Thus, Miyagi's more zen approach was needed to balance and soften the overhardness.

But in the 2010s-2020s, the Miyagi way, having symbolically and culturally won, has gone too far and made people too soft, pansy, and manipulative. This requires correction in the form of the hyper-aggressive Cobra Kai style to make people warriors and heroes and stop being snarky dicks like Daniel has become.

It's a good metaphor for our society today.
A good take. One thing, though, is that Miyagi's style does include aspects of aggression and warfare as Chozen told Daniel as much in Okinawa. Chozen told Daniel a more complete history and revealed more "secrets" of the Miyagi style that included warfare and combat tactics. Daniel kind of recoiled at the thought that the Miyagi style was used in to kill others in war. In fact going back to Karate Kid II we should remember than both uncle Sato and Chozen where themselves trained in the Miyagi style as Sato was taught by Mr. Miyagi's father. I don't think anyone would mistake uncle Sato or Chozen for being soft or being peaceniks. The problem with Kreese's type of martial arts is that there is no philosophy, no introspection, no self-reflection. There's no thought given as to how martials arts can make you a better person. Kreese is only concerned about how best to punch or kick someone in the face. It's basically just a higher level of brawling. Chozen, now a middle aged man, has learned from his past mistakes and moved on. Sadly, Kreese has not.

R.G.Camara

Kingfisher
A good take. One thing, though, is that Miyagi's style does include aspects of aggression and warfare as Chozen told Daniel as much in Okinawa. Chozen told Daniel a more complete history and revealed more "secrets" of the Miyagi style that included warfare and combat tactics. Daniel kind of recoiled at the thought that the Miyagi style was used in to kill others in war. In fact going back to Karate Kid II we should remember than both uncle Sato and Chozen where themselves trained in the Miyagi style as Sato was taught by Mr. Miyagi's father. I don't think anyone would mistake uncle Sato or Chozen for being soft or being peaceniks. The problem with Kreese's type of martial arts is that there is no philosophy, no introspection, no self-reflection. There's no thought given as to how martials arts can make you a better person. Kreese is only concerned about how best to punch or kick someone in the face. It's basically just a higher level of brawling. Chozen, now a middle aged man, has learned from his past mistakes and moved on. Sadly, Kreese has not.
Yes, but Kreese would argue the following:

1. The philosophy of his style is simple: attack to win, no mercy, annihilate your enemy into submission. Essentially, Conan the Barbarian. Simple, clear, brutal, and effective. Kreese's philosophy is about figuring what works and doing it so that the fight is over, which is the purpose of martial art, and Miyagi's art strays too far from the purpose of the art.

2. If his philosophy is too simple to count as a "philosophy", then philosophy is worthless here. Remember, these are martial arts---these are training for war (martial), not to find the meaning of the universe. If you want philosophy go get a degree. Philosophy is for people with time to think, not people facing life-or-death, fight-or-flight responses.

Yes, but Kreese would argue the following:

1. The philosophy of his style is simple: attack to win, no mercy, annihilate your enemy into submission. Essentially, Conan the Barbarian. Simple, clear, brutal, and effective. Kreese's philosophy is about figuring what works and doing it so that the fight is over, which is the purpose of martial art, and Miyagi's art strays too far from the purpose of the art.

2. If his philosophy is too simple to count as a "philosophy", then philosophy is worthless here. Remember, these are martial arts---these are training for war (martial), not to find the meaning of the universe. If you want philosophy go get a degree. Philosophy is for people with time to think, not people facing life-or-death, fight-or-flight responses.
1. And yet Kreese's style has led to their practitioners to lose many times.

"attack to win, no mercy, annihilate your enemy into submission."

This is necessary to win in war but Kreese doesn't understand he is no longer in an actual war. He is completely unable to adapt his warrior mentality to living in peaceful society and being successful. Even Terry Silver was able to adapt what he learned in war to become a successful and wealthy businessman.

Conan the Barbarian was a highly educated warrior learned in philosophy, languages, and others subjects. In Arnold Schwarzenegger's Conan film people love to quote his "lamentations of the women" speech. But there is also a scene where Conan is being educated as his slave master give's Conan scrolls to read. Even earlier in the film Conan's father gives Conans a lesson about the "riddle of steel".

Sticking with fictional warriors John Rambo said in Rambo II that the mind the most best weapon of all. There's a reason a "warrior-poet" is a thing.

2. Why do military leaders throughout history study all sorts of academic subjects like art, music, philosophy, languages, science, etc. What is the book the Art of War about? Why is this book used in other life endeavors besides war?

"Philosophy is for people with time to think, not people facing life-or-death, fight-or-flight responses."

History refutes this idea. Successful military men are highly educated men, scholars, philosophers, engineers, teachers and students. etc.

CaptainS

Hummingbird
The biggest question this season is - where are the police? Kids are getting lit up - one kid gets his arm snapped in front of witnesses - and no one gets arrested except the holdover from last season. I'd have that kid in jail and his parents bankrupt from the lawsuit.

These kids are lucky they're in California, if this happened in Kentucky, they'd be shot the second they burst through the door. Instead of all that Karate training, just carry some bear spray. Problem solved. These kids would be crying like an Antifa member. And maybe learn some ground game.

R.G.Camara

Kingfisher
1. And yet Kreese's style has led to their practitioners to lose many times.

"attack to win, no mercy, annihilate your enemy into submission."

This is necessary to win in war but Kreese doesn't understand he is no longer in an actual war. He is completely unable to adapt his warrior mentality to living in peaceful society and being successful. Even Terry Silver was able to adapt what he learned in war to become a successful and wealthy businessman.

Conan the Barbarian was a highly educated warrior learned in philosophy, languages, and others subjects. In Arnold Schwarzenegger's Conan film people love to quote his "lamentations of the women" speech. But there is also a scene where Conan is being educated as his slave master give's Conan scrolls to read. Even earlier in the film Conan's father gives Conans a lesson about the "riddle of steel".

Sticking with fictional warriors John Rambo said in Rambo II that the mind the most best weapon of all. There's a reason a "warrior-poet" is a thing.

2. Why do military leaders throughout history study all sorts of academic subjects like art, music, philosophy, languages, science, etc. What is the book the Art of War about? Why is this book used in other life endeavors besides war?

"Philosophy is for people with time to think, not people facing life-or-death, fight-or-flight responses."

History refutes this idea. Successful military men are highly educated men, scholars, philosophers, engineers, teachers and students. etc.
Kreese would argue the following:

1. Cobra Kai won everything until Miyagi showed up and gave them bad press from one (1!) loss and his students started bad mouthing him---because they were too weak to choose strength. Cobra Kai ruled the youth up until that point. Hardly losers.

2. Life is war. If Americans had prepared for war and not gotten soft, they would not have lost Vietnam. Remember, Kreese is all about making sure what happened in Vietnam doesn't happen again. You do that with well-trained troops. No one every won a battle with great philosophy but soft troops.

3. Don't confuse strategy with tactics. Sun Tzu wrote about strategy, but even The Art of War he distinguishes it from tactics. There's a scene in Art of War where, as an experiment, he trains the Emperor's harem in tactics/drilling, and the women all think its silly and joke around, so he makes the shocking decision to behead a few of the harem to instill discipline---and they immediately become far more disciplined, fearing him.

That's an action straight out of Kreese---use fear to motivate your troops to learn harsh tactics they can execute quickly on the battlefield. Kreese was making sure there was no long, protracted war by making sure his students acted viciously and swiftly enough to end conflict quickly.

kazz

Kingfisher
I didnt know 3 was out ! I must admit it makes me giddy to see this, Karate Kid came out when I was a kid. I feel like one of those guys, son back in my day lol.

I love that Daniel and Johnny still look the same just older, not sure about kids today, will they enjoy it? I guess it depends if the original Karate Kid is still popular.

But honesty the 80s..... what a time to be a kid, I will watch and report back, im not going to over analyse it like some fag on Rotton Tomatoes just enjoy it so we will see.

Last edited: