Cobra's 2021 Election Campaign

Cobra

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I mentioned this in the Election thread and meant to create a thread earlier. Just didn't get around to it. Partly my hesitation stemmed from the desire to avoid an ego boost similar to the times when I posted in the previous iteration of the forum about my conquests. I've reconciled all this and have realized that posting here about my current journey will both be informative and motivational to others while likely being helpful to me overall. Also, considering the extreme black pilling out there about the Presidential election, for me, this was a way to release my frustration by doing something for the local community, especially children. My point is that you can scream as much as you want regarding the Presidential election but things will not change based on our expectations. So try and do something worthwhile which relate to your own goals and your own expectations. Basically, shit you can control.

What this is...
So here it is. I'm running for local office. Don't get too excited. This is not political office technically speaking. I'm running for a position on our School Board in our Midwestern town. The decisions of the Board, as I have realized, impacts my family more than other elections do, same as it impacts other parents and even non parent homeowners in my local community. That said, the local Republican party is on my tail to join them so we can mutually support each other. I haven't yet taken them up on the offer.

Background on the current Board
Let's just say I am in one of the top ten largest School districts in the state that has tens of thousands of students. There are 7 Board members. These lot are older people that don't have kids in the district any more. A few in education and others whose profession is clearly the result of tenure rather than performance or more importantly, merit. For comparison's sakes, let's just say this is not a private school board whose members are Doctors, lawyers and other professionals who have come up through brutal competition or extreme conditions with conflict. These are, to me, local swamp creatures. Some of them have a long list of community service in school organizations, PTO involvement and committee volunteering. For example, the President of the Board has been in various organizations within the district and has been on the board for multiple terms. Terms are 4 years! This same guy was also in a local article for negligence in some activities before his Board tenure. Another member has a relative within the district.

Now, I see some of this as pure resume padding but otherwise don't understand the motivation to "serve" this much. Maybe it is political aspiration, an ego boost or even something more nefarious. I haven't figured this out completely.

The School District
I never cared about this election. Many parents didn't. In focusing so much on the larger Presidential elections etc, like my fellow parents, I lost sight of the local challenges. Historically, the Board has been elected by a certain group of voters that tend to always vote in the board election. Not a high number or turnout.

In comes THIS past School year and of course COVID-19 rages. From March to June, we decide to go remote like many other districts. No big deal. It was the end of the school year after all. There was some indication at that time that this will be over soon and after summer Schools will reopen. The District Administration in July (before the school year started) sends out a survey that is taken by tens of thousands of parents. An overwhelming majority of them want to either go full time in person or part time in person (hybrid). The remaining wanted to continue remote. No one really knew these results at that time. The results were not made public until much later. Anyways, the Board met to vote on a "Return to School" plan right around this time. This was July again. Keep in mind School opens in August. The Administration presented a plan for Full Remote learning with a re-evaluation within 4 to 6 weeks. This re-evaluation would be based on COVID-19 statistics (cases only) and staffing criteria but with no benchmarks for that criteria. So essentially, it gave subjective carte blanche for the District to use any benchmark to decide when Schools reopened, and only use case statistics while simultaneously avoiding other statistics like mortality, effect on children and other such components. There was no alternate plan presented either, in which a full time return or hybrid option was presented. The Board was split on the vote with one individual abstaining her vote. Her refusal in providing a proxy to vote for her caused this tie. Just ridiculous if you ask me. Essentially the plan didn't pass, which was good. Many of us pro choice parents were happy it did not pass. It felt like Election Night 2020. But similar to that situation, it wasn't over.

Keep in mind School starts in a few weeks in August. So the Administration went back and redrafted the plan to accommodate the comments of the Board members who promoted in person learning. We all watched that following meeting on Zoom with longing for a better plan for our children. This time, they added many mitigation strategies into the plan, such as masks, distancing criteria, dividers etc. However, there was still an "IF" on schools reopening. It gave the false notion that schools will reopen while also simultaneously avoiding any commitment to do so. It was that same plan in sheep's clothing. The evenly split vote turned into a loss because one member that voted against the plan switched his vote with no meaningful reason. Instead of holding the Administration's feet to the fire, his reason to vote was to break the tie. He said so himself. That decision put us where we are today. The Parents were enraged. So School was closed and Remote Learning continued. Fast forward to November it was announced that they are planning on opening in December. However, the state had an increase in "cases" and therefore put a damper on this, taking us back to remote learning. A tease, nothing more. Meanwhile, the District spent millions in PPE for COVID-19 that is seeing zero utilization.

The Aftermath
Many parents are pissed, especially those with children that have mental conditions that make remote learning impossible. Then there are those that are extroverted children that descend into nefarious activities due to isolation. Don't forget High School seniors who likely can kiss a good college goodbye. Of course, being in the midwest it deserves mention that Sports here are huge! Schools were a support system for the sports infrastructure and due to the Remote learning plan, they have essentially shut down.

The Parents' Group and Recall
I was not overly involved with the community. I work in the city and generally do not socialize much with neighbors. That said, I was very vocal on Social Media about my views. I started joining certain groups with parents that are pro school choice. As I got to know them, I got invited to a more active group that wanted to get the Board recalled. Many of them were stay at home moms, and fierce in their resolve. So I decided to help. We collectively filed an affidavit with our counties for a recall petition with those 5 Board members. I spruced up some documentation on why we thought so as well. We are in the process of collecting over a thousand signatures to support this recall. We currently have about half already!

The Board's response to the Recall
In our State there is no specific law for recalling elected officials, except for the Governor. However, there is precedent in other states which may help us. Anyways, we got a response from the Board and we were even addressed at the Board meeting. Essentially, the Board said that we can't do this because it can only be done to the Governor. There was also a suggestion that instead of writing to them, we should set better examples as leaders, etc. etc. etc. TLDR was that "hey our egos are hurt, so please stop bothering us." We have sent another response to this letter where we cited further examples of their actions. I know, "strongly worded" letters in National Politics don't mean anything. In our case, however, it has served to get the current Board's attention and maybe has given us some legitimacy.

My candidacy
Eventually someone asked me to run for the Board. I was nervous about the whole idea. For shit's sake I barely knew these people or the community. There were also some others in the group that decided to run (one woman two guys). I support them and would like to run as a team. Anyways, those of us that decided to run collectively support each other 100%. The philosophy is that we are hoping that at least one of us gets in. We are of course all pro-choice and anti-swamp.

My Petition (pre-campaign)
I needed 50 signatures from district voters to get on the Ballot. I was struggling a month ago wondering where the next signatures will come from. I knocked on many doors. At least one guy shut the door on me. I also met many teachers that didn't want to hear it. The most memorable one was a liberal toolbox telling me that without the government we wouldn't have nice things etc. I walked away patiently wishing him a nice day. A month later, I'm well over 100 signatures. The parents in the group have helped me. Many are stay at home moms that have taken this up as their primary goal. You go after a woman's children, this is what you get. A lot of them are fiery and 100% behind me. The petitions are to be filed next week and it's a painful process. I've heard they can object to the signatures etc.

Resistance from the "other" side
There are some nefarious parents out there that have banded together with a somewhat singular leader who is against our values of choice and returning to school. The reason just comes down to COVID-19 fear as expected. This leader is someone who works within the PTA organizations in the district. She is totally in support of the district and supports their "stay at home" plan. She has been in the swamp for years and has a voice with the Board. It may be that she has some dirt on them. So they let her roam free. For example, one Board member has been in the news for nefarious acts and he is still supported.

Stemming from this are many narratives being pushed, such as "we hate teachers," "we want children to die," etc. etc. We will need some ways to fight this more directly soon.

The events
The Parents group has been doing certain signing events around town and I've gone to them to meet people and get myself out there. Our turnouts are increasing and we seem to be getting the word out. I have gotten very comfortable around this setting.

A few days ago I went to an event and was given the floor. So I was speaking directly into the audience of a small group of people regarding my views on choice and what I want to do for our District. I was only slightly nervous and it was an awesome Rush! It turns out I spoke clearly and passionately based on later feedback. I tend to do well when I walk in knowing full well that I am a lot more prepared for this and maybe even more qualified than my opponents (incumbents and otherwise). That said, I also don't underestimate their abilities.

What's Next?
*I have over 130 signatures. I will file to get on the Ballot tomorrow!
*I need campaign ideas (I'll post more about my own later). Campaigning will likely start in January and I'll likely start getting attacked etc.
*I need debate ideas, another words how to shut down dissent from those that are deep in education or the schools and/or community
*Any other advice anyone can offer or feel like helping in any way, I would be grateful.

I'll keep updating this thread. It will be a good motivational boost and great way to obtain constructive criticism. If you help me win this, you know that you will make a legitimate change in a local community and help secure the future for our children.

****** COBRA 2021 ********

Last edited by a moderator:

Steady Hands

Robin
Other Christian
Gold Member
Last edited:

Cobra

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Great write-up Cobra.

And more than that, I give you respect for taking real action, offline.

I hope you can use some key points from articles like these to help your cause to get kids back into healthy F2F social groups and thus thriving again:

Nature: Why schools probably aren’t COVID hotspots (29 Oct 2020)

The Lancet: The effects of social deprivation on adolescent development and mental health (12 June 2020)

Thriveworks: Isolated kids become lonely, unsociable adults (31 Aug 2020)

@Dream Medicine Thank you brother.

Just filed my petition and got my receipt. Lots of older 5 term plus people in line from nearby districts.

I talked to many of them and they are all almost running uncontested whereas our School districf has like 10+ people running for 4 positions. This confirms how unhappy we are.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Great initiative, praying for you! My brother is a high school senior who has had in total 4 in person half-day of school. He's been almost completely shut in. He doesn't see his friends, he can't do sports, he has a hard time staying organized, and generally isn't learning anything. This whole year his woodshop remote learning class has been building a miniature house frame out of balsa wood. It's ridiculous, he learned everything he could from that in probably 2 days when he should've been learning how to use a drill press, table saw, band saw, planers, etc. He no longer has any desire for college, especially if this is what it will be like, so right now his plan is to get into trade school or get an apprenticeship with essentially no hands on experience. Still easily doable, but he won't be hitting the ground running.

As far as campaign ideas, we know the statistics are on our side, and by a lot - the problem is getting that across to women while still sounding compassionate. The truth is on your side, hopefully you can get the emotions of voters on your side too. Maybe mention increased teen suicide rates? Personal stories. Women know a thing or two about depression, so they would empathize with a “Help stop teen depression” message.

eradicator

Peacock
Agnostic
Gold Member
If they are saying you are pro death etc, you absolutely must call them out for being anti science.

“masks work “, “the current solution is having terrible effects on all our students, we need change”

“How dare you sabotage our children !”

“if you were in high school right now, would you be ok with the half assed home school setup killing your chances to get into a good college?”

I’m sure you have more detailed examples as your kids are in this mess every day.

“Essentially on some level you must understand that home schooling for all is a total cop out, that is why we are here now, we are going to salvage the rest of the school year”

Laner

Hummingbird
Protestant
Gold Member
I am going through this to some degree with out mutual friend here in Vancouver. I may have to throw my hat in the ring in 2022, so we are strategizing a bit. This will be an excellent primer.

We looked at the votes over the past 3 elections and saw who in the swamp is declining in votes. This is where we will put in our effort. There are some who are just mascots; Usually a weird old lady who was a lifetime teacher and union member and gets in just because no one in mean enough to go at her. Some on the bottom are rising stars or just minorities attached to a leftist party. Our city has voted hard left for almost 15 years now and are busy putting the right shade of skin color into the school board. The issue with this is our school board has always been a reflection of racial demographics, so its a mix of 30% White, 30% Asian and 30% Indian. Over reach means that all the White members are on the chopping block unless they can pander very hard to a certain voter demographic. In our case here its the environment and women's issues. So this untouchable White female board member gets more votes than the next two combined.

Best of luck!

Beaker

Robin
I am going through this to some degree with out mutual friend here in Vancouver. I may have to throw my hat in the ring in 2022, so we are strategizing a bit. This will be an excellent primer.

We looked at the votes over the past 3 elections and saw who in the swamp is declining in votes. This is where we will put in our effort. There are some who are just mascots; Usually a weird old lady who was a lifetime teacher and union member and gets in just because no one in mean enough to go at her. Some on the bottom are rising stars or just minorities attached to a leftist party. Our city has voted hard left for almost 15 years now and are busy putting the right shade of skin color into the school board. The issue with this is our school board has always been a reflection of racial demographics, so its a mix of 30% White, 30% Asian and 30% Indian. Over reach means that all the White members are on the chopping block unless they can pander very hard to a certain voter demographic. In our case here its the environment and women's issues. So this untouchable White female board member gets more votes than the next two combined.

Best of luck!
I didn't know Vancouver was that multicultural, I'd heard of the Chinese there but had no idea of the 30% Indian population. If we go to war with China, India will surely join them, and the two groups here will be put in camps, just like what happened to Japanese Americans after Pearl Harbor. They might even deport them.

Laner

Hummingbird
Protestant
Gold Member
I didn't know Vancouver was that multicultural, I'd heard of the Chinese there but had no idea of the 30% Indian population. If we go to war with China, India will surely join them, and the two groups here will be put in camps, just like what happened to Japanese Americans after Pearl Harbor. They might even deport them.

Its not, Vancouver city is about 45% White, the other being mostly Chinese and Indian, with other large groups of Asians (Persian, Philippine) and then at the tail end are native, middle eastern, and black.

But when it comes to politics, minorities hold a larger per capita representation, being 2020 and all.

paninaro

Pelican
First kudos to you -- this is the way to do it.

I was actually involved in a similar effort, for similar reasons. The local BOE was a bunch of yes-women (they were all women, in fact) that rubber-stamped whatever the administration put in front of them, and as a result I expect schools will remain closed on "distance learning" until at least Fall 2021, failing the children of our area in the process. I supported both in time and $$-wise the candidates running against them in the most recent election. A few questions:

1. Is it a non-partisan position?
2. When is the primary and when is the general?
3. Are there are any other "big" races that will be on the ballot like governor or US senator? The reason is that in off-years, turnout tends to be a lot lower but big races can still reel people in.
4. Are the teachers unionized there? Is it mandatory to join the union?

I have some suggestions on strategy once I know more.

Cobra

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Thank you everyone for the kind and encouraging words! They are more than appreciated and helpful.

First kudos to you -- this is the way to do it.

I was actually involved in a similar effort, for similar reasons. The local BOE was a bunch of yes-women (they were all women, in fact) that rubber-stamped whatever the administration put in front of them, and as a result I expect schools will remain closed on "distance learning" until at least Fall 2021, failing the children of our area in the process. I supported both in time and $$-wise the candidates running against them in the most recent election. A few questions:

1. Is it a non-partisan position? Yes completely non-political ... But even though we are not running as Republicans, we are all conservative. That, and the other side is supported by the Teacher's union which is in turn supported by Democrats. So there's that.
2. When is the primary and when is the general? No primary. It will be one "Consolidated" election in early April 2021.
3. Are there are any other "big" races that will be on the ballot like governor or US senator? The reason is that in off-years, turnout tends to be a lot lower but big races can still reel people in. Given the nature of the race, I don't believe so. Only a few local positions and let's say about 25,000 voters if that (normal year).
4. Are the teachers unionized there? Is it mandatory to join the union? Teachers are unionized even though a negligible percentage choose not to be in the union. It is the same union that represents several adjoining districts and their ties to local Democrat representatives is very strong in addition to their ties to the Administration.

I have some suggestions on strategy once I know more.

Thank you brother. I posted responses in bold above.

Cobra

Hummingbird
Gold Member
An update :

So I went to file Monday morning at the county clerk's office. Nothing but much older candidates there filing petitions, mostly from other districts. I spoke to some of them and many seemed like sensible people and as their districts already opened at least hybrid. Most of them seemed like incumbents that have been there or even some that served 5 terms! I was the only deer in headlights. Anyways, if I filed first thing and there are more than 4 people in line before doors open there would be a lottery for ballot position. Apparently being first on the ballot is a great way to win. So is being last on the ballot. I guess human beings are impatient and they will fill in the first or the last more likely than those in the middle. So it looks like I will be entered in the lottery since I was there early.

It felt great to walk out after filing the petition. A few hours later, of course it hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm not the fully extroverted kind of guy that finds this seamless. However, once my comfort level goes up through consistency and activity, it is much less of an issue. The nomination petitioning process was like that too, meaning I was nervous at first but got through it just fine with plenty of signatures in the end. Now comes the campaigning. That will be interesting but I have a huge group behind me that will mobilize for me and support me. It's like being in a mini political party and being one of its candidates.

To that end, I'm helping them create a PAC. We need to separate campaign funds from legal funds (to sue the District). I've done research on filing 8871s with the IRS but just wondering if anyone understands this well enough so I can work out kinks and get this going.

paninaro

Pelican
Ok here are the things to consider:

- It's good there's a single consolidated race. Only one election to focus time and $$ on, instead of two.
- It's good it's non-partisan. Your opponents might get elected just for having a (D) or (R) next to their name.
- That it's an off-year election with no big offices on the ballot can be to your advantage. Go look up the stats for the last similar off-year election. Study it well, like look at % of turnout among registered voters, including by party. This type of election will draw in mostly those that are politically active, compared to a general election that draws in more people because they want cast a vote for president or governor, but have no clue who to vote for on the down-ballot races. This means you can focus your efforts.
- Come up with a simple message, like "Open schools safely" or something like that. Short, simple, easy to remember.
- Beware when campaigning of interest groups with their own pet projects. You don't need to please everyone. You may find yourself at a candidates' forum run by the local old ladies' knitting club, and they are staunchly opposed to some item on your agenda. That's fine -- you don't need everyone's vote.

Now the toughest part by far -- the teacher's union. They are well-funded and their endorsements are watched closely and people consider those. You need to outdo them on message and PR. First, study them well. They are likely incorporated as a non-profit so go to guidestar.org and get their IRS form 990s (you have to register but it's free). Then you'll know what kind of operation they are running, and even how much the directors make in salary. If you need help reading these forms, just post the info here and I can help.

People revere the teachers union because oh those poor underpaid teachers who just want to educate their kids. Of course you'll see from the financials they are a multimillion dollar organization, and their mission, like any union, is to protect its members -- teachers, not students. They're in favor of distance learning forever since it's easier to teacher to sit on their couch and teach a few hours per day. Sweet job, right?

One way to counteract this may be to get the opposing team on board -- the PTA. They represent parents. They have a lot of clout also, and some $$.

Speaking of $, you should also follow the money trail. Campaign donations are public record, and your start or county will have an online database of this. Look at the incumbents, and pull data on their campaigns from past years. See who contributed to them. I bet you'll see donations from the teacher's union, and probably from some prominent members of the union and community leaders. Now look it up for the people who opposed them -- those are your potential donors. Time to start contacting them.

Next, because this is an off-year election, you need to focus on politically active people. Go to any community event you can, and contact them to get invited too. These may be online, but so what. Every rotary club, American legion, senior center etc. etc. Remember old people vote. They also talk a lot. You convince a few of the "influencers" and they tell all their friends.

And now for the ace in the hole. Get a flyer out. You can get a list of registered voters and their addresses. The people who vote are the kind of people who read their mail. Political mail can go at a lower postage rate, and also send it bulk and just a one-page card flyer as that's postcard rate. For a really good effect, time it to arrive about a week before the election. Work with your post office on this, as bulk mail goes third class so can take 1-2 weeks to be delivered, and you wasted money if it arrives too late. The other benefit in this timing is by the time it arrives, it's too late for the opposition to get out their own flyer in time -- it takes a while to print and do a bulk mailing.

There may be a few people in your area who "consult" on how to run a campaign in your area. They know the ins and outs of how to get things done. If you ask around among civically-minded people (heck, ask the civic association if they have one), they will usually know who those people are. If not, contact whoever lost the last election for a slightly bigger but still local office (like for county council), as they probably know or can advise on their own.

Good luck! Feel free to ask for any more advice.

Cobra

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Ok here are the things to consider:

- It's good there's a single consolidated race. Only one election to focus time and $$ on, instead of two.
- It's good it's non-partisan. Your opponents might get elected just for having a (D) or (R) next to their name.
- That it's an off-year election with no big offices on the ballot can be to your advantage. Go look up the stats for the last similar off-year election. Study it well, like look at % of turnout among registered voters, including by party. This type of election will draw in mostly those that are politically active, compared to a general election that draws in more people because they want cast a vote for president or governor, but have no clue who to vote for on the down-ballot races. This means you can focus your efforts.
- Come up with a simple message, like "Open schools safely" or something like that. Short, simple, easy to remember.
- Beware when campaigning of interest groups with their own pet projects. You don't need to please everyone. You may find yourself at a candidates' forum run by the local old ladies' knitting club, and they are staunchly opposed to some item on your agenda. That's fine -- you don't need everyone's vote.

Now the toughest part by far -- the teacher's union. They are well-funded and their endorsements are watched closely and people consider those. You need to outdo them on message and PR. First, study them well. They are likely incorporated as a non-profit so go to guidestar.org and get their IRS form 990s (you have to register but it's free). Then you'll know what kind of operation they are running, and even how much the directors make in salary. If you need help reading these forms, just post the info here and I can help.

People revere the teachers union because oh those poor underpaid teachers who just want to educate their kids. Of course you'll see from the financials they are a multimillion dollar organization, and their mission, like any union, is to protect its members -- teachers, not students. They're in favor of distance learning forever since it's easier to teacher to sit on their couch and teach a few hours per day. Sweet job, right?

One way to counteract this may be to get the opposing team on board -- the PTA. They represent parents. They have a lot of clout also, and some $$.

Speaking of $, you should also follow the money trail. Campaign donations are public record, and your start or county will have an online database of this. Look at the incumbents, and pull data on their campaigns from past years. See who contributed to them. I bet you'll see donations from the teacher's union, and probably from some prominent members of the union and community leaders. Now look it up for the people who opposed them -- those are your potential donors. Time to start contacting them.

Next, because this is an off-year election, you need to focus on politically active people. Go to any community event you can, and contact them to get invited too. These may be online, but so what. Every rotary club, American legion, senior center etc. etc. Remember old people vote. They also talk a lot. You convince a few of the "influencers" and they tell all their friends.

And now for the ace in the hole. Get a flyer out. You can get a list of registered voters and their addresses. The people who vote are the kind of people who read their mail. Political mail can go at a lower postage rate, and also send it bulk and just a one-page card flyer as that's postcard rate. For a really good effect, time it to arrive about a week before the election. Work with your post office on this, as bulk mail goes third class so can take 1-2 weeks to be delivered, and you wasted money if it arrives too late. The other benefit in this timing is by the time it arrives, it's too late for the opposition to get out their own flyer in time -- it takes a while to print and do a bulk mailing.

There may be a few people in your area who "consult" on how to run a campaign in your area. They know the ins and outs of how to get things done. If you ask around among civically-minded people (heck, ask the civic association if they have one), they will usually know who those people are. If not, contact whoever lost the last election for a slightly bigger but still local office (like for county council), as they probably know or can advise on their own.

Good luck! Feel free to ask for any more advice.

This was excellent. Thank you again. I'm going to start with getting in touch with local groups and individuals as you suggested. I'm a bit burned out from the holidays and the stress of pulling this all together to get on the ballot. I may take a hiatus until the new year. That said, this is like a drug in some sense. Going to events, while very small relatively speaking, is a rush. We are aiming towards fundraisers next year and the crowd that I will speak to may be larger. So, I'll need to work on my diction, tone etc.

The research on unions, voter lists etc should be easy enough.

paninaro

Pelican
This was excellent. Thank you again. I'm going to start with getting in touch with local groups and individuals as you suggested. I'm a bit burned out from the holidays and the stress of pulling this all together to get on the ballot. I may take a hiatus until the new year. That said, this is like a drug in some sense. Going to events, while very small relatively speaking, is a rush. We are aiming towards fundraisers next year and the crowd that I will speak to may be larger. So, I'll need to work on my diction, tone etc.

The research on unions, voter lists etc should be easy enough.

It's a slog, and if the teachers union is strong in your area, then prepare to be called names and verbally attacked. They'll say you want to kill grandma by opening schools or whatever. Don't feed into it. Just ignore, and focus on your message.

Also don't worry about crowd counts. It's not so much how many people you get the word out to, but to the right people. You convince one influential senior citizen living at the retirement village, and they'll spread the word at their bridge game, etc. Even just standing outside a shopping mall or public transit station and handing out flyers with your photo on it can work. People may not have time to talk, but they will respect a person who's out in the field and showing their face. (Beware most malls are private property and prevent canvassing, but if you stand on the sidewalk on a public street, they can't do anything --1st amendment rights and all.)

Cobra

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Updates:

Taking somewhat of a break until the new year when things will be haywire..

Learned a lot of inside information about the union negotiations and current Board operations. Apparently, neither the Union nor the Administration gained anything this past round. Meanwhile in a larger district both the Union and Administration thought they won. There is a lack of "game" here.

Reached out to the local governing body as well. We will see if they support me/us.

Anyone know much about School District Tax levies? I find it difficult to grasp that property values are rising in the wake of this school district disaster. Anyways, the district is asking for more money due to these rising values. I just take it as a 'timing" issue meaning that the effects of declining school quality will be felt in the long run as far as property values.

I would appreciate anyone poking holes in this. Districts don't seem to need anything to justify asking for more money except an approved Budget which is approved by Boards that can't manage their money well.

EndlessGravity

Pelican
Protestant
Anyone know much about School District Tax levies? I find it difficult to grasp that property values are rising in the wake of this school district disaster.

Property values are going up in many places due to crushing inventor, 25% lower nationwide than last year. I doubt that's sustainable in the long run. If they're asking for expanded budgets, you're dealing with complete and I mean total morons (but having worked with local officials, I know I repeat myself).