Coin shortage

paninaro

Kingfisher
Why do vendors have to pay 3% CC usage fee?
There's a cost to convenience. The vendor doesn't have to deal with cash, like paying a company to come pick it up every day and transport it to the bank. It also means much lower chance of employee theft -- no cash in the register to steal. Then there's lower insurance rates and less employee risk for business if they don't deal in a lot of cash -- less of a target for robbery. Some retailers (Sweetgreen is one, they're a chain of salad shops) are credit card only. No cash accepted at all.

I think like most things there will be a slow burn / boiling of the frog on digital currency. They will need to make one big move though. Then they'll wait 3-5 years and make another big move.

In Canada we are short on $50 notes. During Covid people were pulling alot of money out banking machines, 50s is the highest available denomination in Canadian Banking machines.
Is that a joke ? I ve managed to find a few 100 CAD banknotes in exchange offices in Albania

NoMoreTO

Pelican
Banks are apparently paying a 5 - 10% premium on people bringing in their coins....? Uneducated economist comes to conclusion that : "Coins coming out of circulation helps force people to go Cashless."

Bank of Canada is came out with a working plan for public digital currency:
An internal Bank of Canada presentation, prepared for Governor Stephen Poloz and the bank’s board of directors, offers the most detailed public insight yet into the bank’s thinking on a proprietary digital coin. According to the presentation, the currency would be widely available. It would initially coexist with coins and paper money, eventually replacing them completely.
Bank of Canada - Digital Currency

Aboulia

Robin
Is that a joke ? I've managed to find a few 100 CAD banknotes in exchange offices in Albania
There are Canadian ATMs that offer 100 CAD banknotes, it may just be the bank or the ATMs that he uses.
Banks are apparently paying a 5 - 10% premium on people bringing in their coins....? Uneducated economist comes to conclusion that : "Coins coming out of circulation helps force people to go Cashless."

Bank of Canada is came out with a working plan for public digital currency:

Bank of Canada - Digital Currency
Absolutely disgusting. First it's E-Currency tracking all purchases, then once E-currency is solely in use, negative interest rates are applied to savings, and people with wrongthink will have their entire savings wiped out for having a contrary opinion. Monasticism looks more appealing by the day.

NoMoreTO

Pelican
The elimination of the black market seems to be their #1 motivation. I have talked to a few people off line, semi normies, this seems to be their argument. AND when the tax rate goes up, they will be on the hook with their corporate jobs and will want ALL cash transactions to be gone.

DanielH

Robin
I had to go to Home Depot yesterday and was greeted with a giant sign telling us about the nationwide coin shortage. Do normal people just accept this as something that happens naturally? We have coins from the 60s floating around and you're telling me our "income prioritizing capitalist corporations" can't scrounge together some coins? No, surely our mints being closed for less than 3 weeks in April was enough to make us run out of coins in late JULY.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/bank-england-building-payments-network-141313027.html

Thinking that the plan is to create these centrally controlled currencies in each country as the first step. Next step is to leverage an economic disaster brought on by something like plandemic 2 as a pretext for linking the currencies together. Not as hard as it might seem especially when you consider virtually all of Europe uses the Euro.

Just noticed at the bottom of that article Canada are 'thinking' about it as well.

and

https://www.financemagnates.com/cry...al-bank-planning-to-issue-a-digital-currency/

Last edited:

placer

Woodpecker
I remember, in Berkeley a long time ago, some guys figured out how to pry open parking meters, so one night they came out and pried open every single last one. All of the parking meters in the city had their entire top showing how much time is left pulled off, leaving only a hollow hole where the coins are normally deposited in to.

These days, I think you could go to court and get a parking ticket for an expired meter waived if you told the judge "Sorry, coin shortage". I once went to a college where they would write you up a parking ticket for anything, such as having the parking pass visible on the dashboard instead of hanging it from the rear view mirror. I would go to court and the judge always voided the parking tickets.

Last edited:
My gut feeling was cash will still be around. But it will cost more to obtain and be mostly for elites. Maybe a tax or some kind of fee for the privilege of using cash. But now I have no idea. Another thought is if everything being plugged into electricity. If there´s an electricity shortage you have no options. An electric car. An electric coin. Electric home supply. No electricity means no way to pay or travel.

If currency is all digital there´s no difference between them. You couldn´t tell the difference between a chinese or american currency. Now you can Yuan and Dollar bills are different. Another step into world central currency.

Either way it´s something being pushed. Against people will. Another communist scam. Communism and judaism are just fucking ugly. Ugly as hell. There´s a natural repulsion for it.

Digital currency means lack of privacy, lack of identity, increase of dependency, increase of costs, lack of freedom.
A cashless society? THIS seems like the kind of thing that’s worth going to the mat over. And if framed accurately, it shouldn’t be a left-right issue, as most people value their freedom and privacy. (Maybe when we discuss this on normie platforms, we can skip the advanced redpill references to commies, the JQ, and so forth? We have our pet villains and others have theirs. Why alienate half our potential allies? What matters is not so much who is or isn’t behind this phenomenon, as STOPPING IT FROM HAPPENING.)
What we need is a 21st-Century George Orwell who can articulate the dangers that we now face, in a way that people all across the political spectrum will find “relatable”.

Hypno

Crow
These days, I think you could go to court and get a parking ticket for an expired meter waived if you told the judge "Sorry, coin shortage". I once went to a college where they would write you up a parking ticket for anything, such as having the parking pass visible on the dashboard instead of hanging it from the rear view mirror. I would go to court and the judge always voided the parking tickets.
Actually, parking meters in most places have already switched to credit cards. And not just big cities - college towns too.

I see a lot of people here recommending pay with cash. But wouldn't make more sense to pay with card. I mean at least fiat currency has a physical form and limit and has some kind of value to it (very little, but still value)? While digital currency is literally worthless in every sense of the word and virtually unlimited. I would much rather use the worthless virtual money while I still can, than use money that actually has a speculative value to it.