Colombia Spirals into Shooting, Chaos as President Raises Taxes on Middle-class and Poor

Yes, this deserves its own thread.

Earlier today I posted this message in the South America Expat Thread.

--
The bill has been killed. Congratulations to the young people of Colombia who made it happen, and a massive tip of the hat.

It cost many their lives and even more their eyes, hands and peace of mind

Undoubtedly pig-faced Duque will now try to sneak it in through the backdoor

I have always had a problem with the police in Colombia who in my opinion are nothing more than a violent state approved drugs cartel. And not only that, they are also tremendously unprofessional, act with impunity and routinely harass the general population (and foreigners!) for monetary reasons (and sometimes out of sheer spite).

I don't use these terms lightly, but the US backed Colombian government has started a war on its own population. International media is completely silent (and an accomplice)

And before the usual diversionary tactics start coming in, no, these are not Antifa or communists. Many of the protestors are former students of mine (my FB Timeline is flooded) who can be characterised as normal, run of the mill youngsters from lower/middle class families that want to make something of their life but are completely stuck due to the neo-liberal F*ck you policies of the Colombian government.

Now that the limit has been reached and mass protests have broken out the Duque government has simply instructed the police to start shooting until the streets are empty again

Absolutely disgusting.

Again I am sharing these videos because no one else does and this a story that needs to be shared.

WARNING EXTREMELY GRAPHIC VIDEOS

The videos can't be copied for some reason but can be found here

Not artillery of course but a high calibre gun on an APC

Last edited:
Yes, this deserves its own thread.

Earlier today I posted this message in the South America Expat Thread.

--
The bill has been killed. Congratulations to the young people of Colombia who made it happen, and a massive tip of the hat.

It cost many their lives and even more their eyes, hands and peace of mind

Undoubtedly pig-faced Duque will now try to sneak it in through the backdoor

I have always had a problem with the police in Colombia who in my opinion are nothing more than a violent state approved drugs cartel. And not only that, they are also tremendously unprofessional, act with impunity and routinely harass the general population (and foreigners!) for monetary reasons (and sometimes out of sheer spite).

I don't use these terms lightly, but the US backed Colombian government has started a war on its own population. International media is completely silent (and an accomplice)

And before the usual diversionary tactics start coming in, no, these are not Antifa or communists. Many of the protestors are former students of mine (my FB Timeline is flooded) who can be characterised as normal, run of the mill youngsters from lower/middle class families that want to make something of their life but are completely stuck due to the neo-liberal F*ck you policies of the Colombian government.

Now that the limit has been reached and mass protests have broken out the Duque government has simply instructed the police to start shooting until the streets are empty again

Absolutely disgusting.

Again I am sharing these videos because no one else does and this a story that needs to be shared.

WARNING EXTREMELY GRAPHIC VIDEOS

The videos can't be copied for some reason but can be found here

Not artillery of course but a high calibre gun on an APC

So this is what Klaus Schwab meant by a "reset"? May God have mercy and protect the good people of Colombia. Clearly, Schwab or CIA is behind this.

ginsu

Woodpecker
So this is what Klaus Schwab meant by a "reset"? May God have mercy and protect the good people of Colombia. Clearly, Schwab or CIA is behind this.
The lockstep document did talk about growing citizen pushback and tighter top down enforcement of control. We might be seeing this play out right now in colombia. Definately more people need to be watching how this situation develops

TutorGuina

Woodpecker
The current Colombian administration is led by a right wing anti-FARC guy
I've read reports that the protests were taken over by violent terrorist plants, some of which foreign and funded by the usual Hungarian suspect

This runs opposite to the thread consensus but seems very plausible

No matter your opinion on who is right here, this is an amazing demonstration of how refusing to apologize takes you places. They can be moral or immoral places, but you leave yourself with comparatively few chinks in your armor if you steadfastly refuse to admit you have done anything wrong.

This is why this is not international news to the extent it should be.

Western police forces and governments continually apologize for going after criminals and backtrack on attempts to defend the law-abiding. Latin American and other governments open fire, rightly or wrongly, and no condemnation is really effective because they just do not care.

The Colombian government will not be doing any of this kowtowing no matter how many bodies pile up.

Again, I am not trying to take sides here, I am just observing the psychology at play.