Communing

Theodora Gee

Pigeon
Woman
Orthodox
No disrespect to non-Orthodox but I’m more after an Orthodox perspective on the following question…

I often wonder about communing if you have people who are not fond of you or if you have quarrelled with someone in defence of another person or situation.
Should we never commune if we have people who don’t like us or we have had issues with others in the past? Or, if others choose to not talk to us cause our presence disturbs them?

Thoughts.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
No disrespect to non-Orthodox but I’m more after an Orthodox perspective on the following question…

I often wonder about communing if you have people who are not fond of you or if you have quarrelled with someone in defence of another person or situation.
Should we never commune if we have people who don’t like us or we have had issues with others in the past? Or, if others choose to not talk to us cause our presence disturbs them?

Thoughts.
Have you asked a priest?

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
I was going to write that as a side note, that I will be asking my spiritual father.
Yep. Start there

It would be irresponsible for one of us to tell you about communing.

Sure we all want to help, but that's a job for the clergy. (Ps by the logic of not communing because someone is pissed at you I'd never be allowed at Church on account of a crazy ex wife who probably wants me dead haha... But in all seriousness, ask a priest and dont tempt someone on the internet to think they are so knowledgeable to tell you what to do with communion. ;) )

Theodora Gee

Pigeon
Woman
Orthodox
Yep. Start there

It would be irresponsible for one of us to tell you about communing.

Sure we all want to help, but that's a job for the clergy. (Ps by the logic of not communing because someone is pissed at you I'd never be allowed at Church on account of a crazy ex wife who probably wants me dead haha... But in all seriousness, ask a priest and dont tempt someone on the internet to think they are so knowledgeable to tell you what to do with communion. ;) )
I don’t see it as tempting anyone. Just more so the sharing of experiences with one another. I don’t take the opinion and experience of others as Gospel. Ultimately, I do what my Spiritual Father tells me.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
I don’t see it as tempting anyone. Just more so the sharing of experiences with one another. I don’t take the opinion and experience of others as Gospel. Ultimately, I do what my Spiritual Father tells me.
I don't mean you're intentionally tempting someone.

I mean it plays to someone's ego to want to help you... Thus they comment about what your should do with out knowledge or authority to do so.