Complaints of Donald Trump thread

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
A $ million sure isnt much anymore. Youre right about that. But that first million sure does make the 2nd through 50th a whole lot easier. Chances of surviving that high shit tide youre sure of are a lot better with cheddar

Youre also right that the people that made themselves millionaires last year differently than those that did it 10 years ago, who did differently than those that did 10 years before that etc. Been a long time since a wagon wheel factory provided for any mans family

But its also true that the next self made millionaires will do it differently as well

But what they all have and will have in common is they wont be waiting for an invitation
I must apologize because I don't know anything about you, so I don't exactly know where you are coming from. And my guess is that I can extend the same situation to you. You are talking to me like I am some mid 20's guy who said "this is too hard" and just quit.

I am in my mid 40's. I have worked a high paid career job + a weekend job, for over 20 years. 7 days a week for over 20 years straight. I have lived cheaper than most college students the entire time. No dating, no eating out, no vacations, I don't even go to movies or have cable TV. So I have amassed a decent nest egg, and thanks to the stock market surge (fake growth under Trump) I am doing just fine.

My point is, I am not speaking to you from a view of someone who hasn't made it and doesn't want to put in work. Even though if I was, I would still be correct. I am speaking to you from the position of a man who already made it to the top of the mountain and I am yelling down and warning the young men what awaits them.

And yes, once you make your 1st million, your 2nd becomes easier. But making that first million alone puts in you in the top 3% in the USA. And making the 2nd isn't all that much easier, especially with the economy giving all the wealth to the billionaires and starving off the middle class.

To sum it up, Trump is a failure and a coward and if you are betting on making it big in the west, then you should rethink it. You are better off going your own way and settling down and battening down the hatches because it is going to get VERY ugly in the west thanks to Trump being a gutless coward.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
Much like Trump's embarrassing SOTU speech where he said he wanted record numbers of legal immigrants, the "conservatives" in the UK are pulling the same trick on their citizens. I expect the same disaster to happen if Trump wins.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
He IS an elite, i.e. a 1%er. His greatest accomplishment has been trying to convince the proles he's one of them, but it's fake populism. His policies favor the rich because he's rich and that's where his priorities are.
Remember though, he comes from Queens and isn't born into great wealth, just upper middle class. So he isn't exactly in the club, more like a low level member and puppet who is willing to sell out the USA to have his kids accepted into the club.

The real powerful elites we know very little about and that is just how they want it.

But all in all, you are correct, it is fake populism, like Bolsonaro in Brazil or Farage in the UK, and other "conservatives" across the globe. It is a dog and pony show.

FactusIRX

Robin
I am in my mid 40's. I have worked a high paid career job + a weekend job, for over 20 years. 7 days a week for over 20 years straight. I have lived cheaper than most college students the entire time.
Do you use any mind or body enhancement chemicals? I'm trying to work more to save up and move out of the city, but I'm running into fatigue walls.

questor70

Ostrich
Remember though, he comes from Queens and isn't born into great wealth, just upper middle class. So he isn't exactly in the club
Splitting hairs. He had all sorts of advantages growing up including having other people take his exams for him. He is not a product of meritocracy. He's just been crafty and tricky and ruthless.

The real powerful elites we know very little about and that is just how they want it.
I think that's how YOU want it, i.e. it provides fertile ground for your imagination to run wild. The people we do know about are more than enough. It's not necessary to fabricate illuminati puppetmasters.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
Do you use any mind or body enhancement chemicals? I'm trying to work more to save up and move out of the city, but I'm running into fatigue walls.
Great question. Super question. In my free time, or what I do "for fun" is I experiment with my body to see how I can sleep less. Why do I want to sleep less? So I can work more and get the hell away from this disgusting culture as best as possible. I already work around 80 hours a week and I would like to increase it.

Anyway, I have researched, experimented, and done everything I can to try to maximize my energy. Here is what I have found...

#1) Everyone will be different. What works for one person will not necessarily work for another.
#2) I shoot for 7 hours of sleep, max, a night. Sometimes it isn't enough, but that is rare these days. I normally get 6 to 7 hours and do fine.
#3) I am working to cut down on coffee. 6 ounces a day, except on the weekend when I am up late and need to drive home afterwards.
#4) Healthy diet is extremely important. I see food as a fuel and I eat pretty much the same thing every day in the same order. Low carbs (1 cup of dry brown rice a week) and the rest is fruits or veggies (except a smoothie I am trying out). Lots of broccoli. Eggs, cheese, sausage, ground beef, chicken breast.
#5) I have found Turmeric to be a game changer. I never realized how much inflammation I had in my body until I started to take it. I also take 25 mg of Zinc 250 mg of Magnesium and 500 mg of Vitamin C a day. If I feel sick or run down I will up these and include Vitamin D. I also have a Vitamin B complex pill I take if I am extremely tired.
#6) Stress and getting mad will wear me out. So I do my best to constantly life in the present moment and not get stressed or upset.
#7) I am trying out a smoothie with Greek Yogurt, Whole Milk, Blueberries, and Walnuts. It does add sugar into my diet a little, but it is a great energy boost.

I wish I could sleep 4 hours a day and go, but I have tried that and I ended up getting sick. So I shoot for 7 hours and hope I wake up before hand and get going.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
Splitting hairs. He had all sorts of advantages growing up including having other people take his exams for him. He is not a product of meritocracy. He's just been crafty and tricky and ruthless.

I think that's how YOU want it, i.e. it provides fertile ground for your imagination to run wild. The people we do know about are more than enough. It's not necessary to fabricate illuminati puppetmasters.
I don't mean so much illuminati secret hidden people. Just people who don't put themselves on TV much and you would have to know financial news to know who they are. Such as Sheldon Adelson, and Paul Singer, and Bernie Marcus, and Tom Steyer and on and on. I come across names of billionaires I hardly heard of before and come to find out they donate tons of money into politics.

The average American, even those who watch Fox News, have no idea who those people I mentioned are or how much power they have over our government.

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
I am in my mid 40's. I have worked a high paid career job + a weekend job, for over 20 years. 7 days a week for over 20 years straight.
Here's your problem. When you work a "job" you are trading the security of that paycheck for the equity thats made your employer wealthy. Thats a bad investment.

I worked as hard and long and sacrificed as much as you in my early 20's. The difference is I did it to start a company from scratch, built it up to just under 50 employees and then sold it. Then I did it again. Ive been essentially retired for going on 9 years managing passive assets (primarily an assortment of luxury real estate) and Im in my late 40's

I then spent a couple of years helping new entrepreneurs via venture forums and advisory boards. It got boring helping people who only cared about money, although Im still involved albeit a much lesser extent

Thats what drew me to RVF. Here was a huge cross section of men who were all seeking to improve their quality of life across a whole spectrum of aspects.

In spite of what you may think there are young men (and women) who are starting and succeeding in businesses today. I see it every day. Just pick up a copy of Entrepreneur or Fast Company. If there were one piece of advice that I would give a younger you it's "Work hard. Work very hard.... But work for yourself". In many ways its easier today than its ever been

I unlike many on this forum dont know what the future holds and while I agree there's a lot to more we could wish for from Trump. But I think betting on everything to turn to shit and therefore an excuse to just throw your hands up is the riskiest bet of all.

Edit: A mentor once asked me "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?" I answered him. Then did it

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
Here's your problem. When you work a "job" you are trading the security of that paycheck for the equity thats made your employer wealthy. Thats a bad investment.

I worked as hard and long and sacrificed as much as you in my early 20's. The difference is I did it to start a company from scratch, built it up to just under 50 employees and then sold it. Then I did it again. Ive been essentially retired for going on 9 years managing passive assets (primarily an assortment of luxury real estate) and Im in my late 40's

I then spent a couple of years helping new entrepreneurs via venture forums and advisory boards. It got boring helping people who only cared about money, although Im still involved albeit a much lesser extent

Thats what drew me to RVF. Here was a huge cross section of men who were all seeking to improve their quality of life across a whole spectrum of aspects.

In spite of what you may think there are young men (and women) who are starting and succeeding in businesses today. I see it every day. Just pick up a copy of Entrepreneur or Fast Company. If there were one piece of advice that I would give a younger you it's "Work hard. Work very hard.... But work for yourself". In many ways its easier today than its ever been

I unlike many on this forum dont know what the future holds and while I agree there's a lot to more we could wish for from Trump. But I think betting on everything to turn to shit and therefore an excuse to just throw your hands up is the riskiest bet of all.

Edit: A mentor once asked me "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?" I answered him. Then did it
It isn't "easier today" than ever before. It is far harder/border line impossible to do today. Between both parties gutting the middle class with anti-small business regulations and tax breaks + Monopolies running the economy + lawsuit happy culture + Antifa burning down small businesses, it is not a good idea at all, if you ask my opinion.

I know lots of people who run small businesses, heck I guess my largest portion of my investing is in my small business (I am a hands off/silent investor) and it isn't a good thing to be doing right now. That advice was great 15 years ago, not any longer, and it will never come back.

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
It isn't "easier today" than ever before. It is far harder/border line impossible to do today. Between both parties gutting the middle class with anti-small business regulations and tax breaks + Monopolies running the economy + lawsuit happy culture + Antifa burning down small businesses, it is not a good idea at all, if you ask my opinion.

I know lots of people who run small businesses, heck I guess my largest portion of my investing is in my small business (I am a hands off/silent investor) and it isn't a good thing to be doing right now. That advice was great 15 years ago, not any longer, and it will never come back.
We can agree to disagree then

Theres never been more information resources so readily, easily, and freely available to the motivated entrepreneur.

And money.

I have monthly coffee with the same group of guys for the last 4 1/2 years. A couple of them only invest at the Angel level and do 6-10 deals a year. They constantly talk about how few worthy ideas / founders come across their desks.

Theres more capital available than ever especially since interest rates have been so low for a decade

Like I said. Pick up a copy of Fast Company magazine

Some people are willing to do the work and take the risk

kel

Pelican
I'd like to start a company, I know that's the only way to be truly financially stable, but I don't exactly know what I'd do. I mean, I sort of did start a company with the startup I'm at, but I mean in the sense you're talking about.

FactusIRX

Robin
Great question. Super question. In my free time, or what I do "for fun" is I experiment with my body to see how I can sleep less. Why do I want to sleep less? So I can work more and get the hell away from this disgusting culture as best as possible. I already work around 80 hours a week and I would like to increase it.

Anyway, I have researched, experimented, and done everything I can to try to maximize my energy. Here is what I have found...

#1) Everyone will be different. What works for one person will not necessarily work for another.
#2) I shoot for 7 hours of sleep, max, a night. Sometimes it isn't enough, but that is rare these days. I normally get 6 to 7 hours and do fine.
#3) I am working to cut down on coffee. 6 ounces a day, except on the weekend when I am up late and need to drive home afterwards.
#4) Healthy diet is extremely important. I see food as a fuel and I eat pretty much the same thing every day in the same order. Low carbs (1 cup of dry brown rice a week) and the rest is fruits or veggies (except a smoothie I am trying out). Lots of broccoli. Eggs, cheese, sausage, ground beef, chicken breast.
#5) I have found Turmeric to be a game changer. I never realized how much inflammation I had in my body until I started to take it. I also take 25 mg of Zinc 250 mg of Magnesium and 500 mg of Vitamin C a day. If I feel sick or run down I will up these and include Vitamin D. I also have a Vitamin B complex pill I take if I am extremely tired.
#6) Stress and getting mad will wear me out. So I do my best to constantly life in the present moment and not get stressed or upset.
#7) I am trying out a smoothie with Greek Yogurt, Whole Milk, Blueberries, and Walnuts. It does add sugar into my diet a little, but it is a great energy boost.

I wish I could sleep 4 hours a day and go, but I have tried that and I ended up getting sick. So I shoot for 7 hours and hope I wake up before hand and get going.
I also tried to reduce my sleeping hours, but found the same problems as you: I became sick and worn down, and I was useless after a couple of days. I also use Tumeric and black pepper because I struggle with inflammation all over my body and especially my digestive system. My issue is if I work a lot, then I start to eat out, which activates the inflammation, which causes fatigue and pain. It's a delicate balance.

Thanks for sharing. It's more than impressive that you have been able to do this for 20 years. Very cool.

FactusIRX

Robin
We can agree to disagree then

Theres never been more information resources so readily, easily, and freely available to the motivated entrepreneur.

And money.

I have monthly coffee with the same group of guys for the last 4 1/2 years. A couple of them only invest at the Angel level and do 6-10 deals a year. They constantly talk about how few worthy ideas / founders come across their desks.

Theres more capital available than ever especially since interest rates have been so low for a decade

Like I said. Pick up a copy of Fast Company magazine

Some people are willing to do the work and take the risk
If you are a successful entrepreneur, then you are a jewel, and you should give yourself a hearty pat on the back.

Being an entrepreneur is a tough game right now. You have to be a certain type of person: very extroverted, good at making connections, high EQ, high tolerance of risk, high tolerance of debt, and very realistic and savvy. I have met a few very successful entrepreneurs (I'm taking about multi-millionaires and one billionaire), and they are in the 0.1% in terms of intelligence, hard work, risk tolerance, and personality. When you talk to them, you can tell they are operating on a different level. On the other hand, I have also met many failed entrepreneurs, and unfortunately, they are now wage slaving to pay back the debts they took out for their business. I'm currently working a full time job and building a side business, but I would never quit my day job until the side business became very successful because I know that after one bad year, you're out. I also have a whole bunch of side business that are left in a fiery wreckage behind me because they were bad ideas, or I couldn't properly execute them.

I have to agree with Papaya on this. Any literate person with internet access and an ounce of drive and charisma can sell something on the internet. People become internet millionaires probably every week. Especially if you’re willing to put in 80 hours a week, you could easily make a ton of money with just a couple years of doing that. Dan Kennedy said once you can make up to about $2m per year in marketing just by yourself (without hiring a single employee). Of course that’s limited by your moral compass to some extent, but people still make tons of money online all the time without being too immoral.

I left that world because it became boring and I got tired of manipulating people, which is what sales really is no matter how you justify it, but it’s definitely never been easier to start a business online than it is now. My total overhead as a copywriter was less than $500 per year.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
I have to agree with Papaya on this. Any literate person with internet access and an ounce of drive and charisma can sell something on the internet. People become internet millionaires probably every week. Especially if you’re willing to put in 80 hours a week, you could easily make a ton of money with just a couple years of doing that. Dan Kennedy said once you can make up to about $2m per year in marketing just by yourself (without hiring a single employee). Of course that’s limited by your moral compass to some extent, but people still make tons of money online all the time without being too immoral.

I left that world because it became boring and I got tired of manipulating people, which is what sales really is no matter how you justify it, but it’s definitely never been easier to start a business online than it is now. My total overhead as a copywriter was less than $500 per year.
I genuinely intrigued. What exactly could one sell online to make say, $50,000 per year? If I could work from home, have income security, and make $50,000 a year, I could live my dream life.

I've never looked into running an online business. Seems like most opportunities would be crushed by the big boys, so I am shocked by reading this.

FactusIRX

Robin
I genuinely intrigued. What exactly could one sell online to make say, $50,000 per year? If I could work from home, have income security, and make $50,000 a year, I could live my dream life.

I've never looked into running an online business. Seems like most opportunities would be crushed by the big boys, so I am shocked by reading this.
I, too, would like to know what I could sell online to become a millionaire.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
I, too, would like to know what I could sell online to become a millionaire.
I'm not even shooting that high. If I just had enough money to live a middle class life and have it be somewhat secure, that would be more than enough.

I don't work 7 days a week to be rich. I work 7 days a week so that I have a large enough nest egg that when I am no longer employable (companies don't want to hire many over 40 due to healthcare costs, whites need not apply, out sourcing, visa in sourcing, etc.) I can still survive.

In my experience people who are extremely talented can do this. Unfortunately I am not extremely talented at really anything, so I just grind forward, day by day.

Copywriting and consulting can pay a lot of money. Once you’re good at enough at copywriting (writing sales pieces) to have some successes under your belt, making 3k-10k per piece is relatively standard. I used to make $400 per Amazon listing, which took me less than half an hour to write most of the time (assuming my clients gave me all the necessary information and research). I made $18k once to create an online course and the relevant marketing materials. Sadly that product failed, which happens, but that’s still the most I’ve ever made in a day (by a very wide margin). When I left the marketing world Russ Rufino was pulling about $900k per month doing consulting, selling a $10,000 program to about 90 people per month (or some similar high-ticket thing.)

Yes the big guys have a lot more weight, and the people with the most money can outspend you on advertising, but what generally happens is that if you stick with and persist and succeed long enough, eventually you join one of the informal “marketing syndicates” in which the big guys coordinate to boost each other’s products in exchange for commissions. So the more one syndicate member makes, the more everyone else shilling his or her stuff makes. I never cared about making more than a few grand per month in general due to my desired money-free time ratio, but there’s not much of a limit to what you can pull off if you’re serious about making a lot of money online.

One of my other friends in that world made $25k to write scripts for call centers. There are a lot of paths available.