Concise, powerful refutations of bad Covid analogies

r3d

Woodpecker
Maybe only slightly relevant and a bit goofy, but I still like it because I think it's partly true.

When obese people say I'm endangering their health by refusing masks or vaccines I say:

"All you drinkers, smokers and fast food junkies are the reason we need trillions of dollars for health care in the first place. If everyone of you just quit the cookies and started jogging we could put, like, a third of the entire nation's budget and workforce to better use and enjoy a 25 hour work-week utopia. Instead I have to slave away 180 hours a month to make ends meet, because every other dollar spent in this economy is for making pills to keep you alive beyond the age of 40. That's bad for my health too."

Sam Malone

Ostrich
Gold Member

Mojambo

Sparrow
Maybe only slightly relevant and a bit goofy, but I still like it because I think it's partly true.

When obese people say I'm endangering their health by refusing masks or vaccines I say:

"All you drinkers, smokers and fast food junkies are the reason we need trillions of dollars for health care in the first place. If everyone of you just quit the cookies and started jogging we could put, like, a third of the entire nation's budget and workforce to better use and enjoy a 25 hour work-week utopia. Instead I have to slave away 180 hours a month to make ends meet, because every other dollar spent in this economy is for making pills to keep you alive beyond the age of 40. That's bad for my health too."
1631561208404.png

There will probably be some overlap between this thread and the Covid meme thread coming up with curt responses to mainstream analogies and other fallacies.

Sisyphus

Woodpecker
"Dopey dopey doo. What's the big deal about mask mandates, they make you wear seat belts?"

Unlike useless masks, seat belts actually perform their intended function. 10 humans cannot pass through a buckled seat belt the way that 10 virions can pass through the mesh of a cloth mask.

Seat belts when used properly usually don't harm the user (at least more than the consequences of not using one). Which is to say seat belts don't cause the proportions of carbon dioxide and oxygen to reach unhealthy levels in a matter of minutes or expose the user to a variety of potentially deadly pathogens (https://fbanews.org/2021/06/22/univ...ns-on-nearly-all-childrens-face-masks-tested/).

Unlike useless masks which are never used properly (touched incessantly, put on table tops, etc.), seat belts are used properly by the majority of users.

Having a thick beard does not render a seat belt useless.

fortyfive

Woodpecker
As juvenile as it is, I think those of us that have been trying with data and actual logic for too long simply fail to speak the language that persuades the cult.
If only one party is making public arguments for a certain policy, even if those arguments are terrible, that party wins by default. That’s why censorship and de-platforming is so effective. Certain arguments never get heard, or they’re only heard by the select crowd who are already fans of that person and on the same wavelength.

Guys, you have my admiration for speaking to these people. Really.
When I see my close relative or neighbor mowing a big empty lawn with the mask on (because a virus could be in the air), then I'm so sorry, but I'm not psychically capable of discussion.
I don't have a problem speaking to 5 months old babies, dogs, cats, or even to myself, but not to covid aliens.
A long time ago, I made a decision not to waste my time with creepy, weird people anymore, and I never regret it.
But yes, these people need God's and ours mercy too.

1631563834159.jpeg

gat

Sparrow
> "We need to start looking at the choice to remain unvaccinated the same as we look at driving while intoxicated. You have the option to not get vaccinated if you want, but then you can't go out in public." - Leana Wen, CNN

Yes let's force the whole population to go GMO. The organic ones, keep them inside away from the sun so they can wither and die in atomized ghettos.

> It's like wearing your seatbelt

Seatbelts don't kill you.

> pee poster

Yeah because I pee in my pants every second of every minute of every hour of every day of my life. I thought I was the only one.

> pee poster (2nd)

Oh yeah I forgot that is why you wear pants ...so you dont piss yourself. I thought that is why you wore a diaper.

Johnnyvee

Ostrich
When talking to dumb people you have to get quite aggressive and nasty. It`s like a street fight vs. say boxing. The technical becomes less important than grit and muscle. That`s actually something we can learn from Trump I think... Comeback lines;

-Data shows that basically all those who get sick or die are obese, why should people with high BMI be let out then?

-We can never vaccinate our way out of poor health in the population. (People still get sick with the vaccine in Israel etc.)

-People get sick because they`re eating crap foods. (Look at all the studies.)

-There is no risk of serious disease if you are a really healthy person.

-Natural immunity provides better and broader protection than the narrow spike-protein vaccines do.

You can build from these starting lines and control the narrative. Be repetitive!. (again like Trump)

Mojambo

Sparrow
Guys, you have my admiration for speaking to these people. Really.
When I see my close relative or neighbor mowing a big empty lawn with the mask on (because a virus could be in the air), then I'm so sorry, but I'm not psychically capable of discussion.
I don't have a problem speaking to 5 months old babies, dogs, cats, or even to myself, but not to covid aliens.
A long time ago, I made a decision not to waste my time with creepy, weird people anymore, and I never regret it.
But yes, these people need God's and ours mercy too.

View attachment 33597

I can definitely empathise.

What I found tiring was providing data-backed proofs to reach Q.E.D., but to people that had no intention of listening, and they'd simply repeat the same bad analogies and cult talking points back. Waste of time, like you said.

Hence, there's a need to simply come up with competing marketing slogans of a similar style that worked in brainwashing the cult in the first place.

In other words, I think we've already reached the maximum number of people that can wake up to the scam with logic, data and research. If they haven't yet awoken in the past 19 months, they never will. And those capable of logic and thinking but continue to parrot the mantras are likely leading sects of the cults themselves.

So with the remainder utterly incapable of independent thought and analysis, perhaps a strategy is to brainwash them in the other direction with the same quality of propaganda, attacking their slogans with newer slogans.

It's akin to the low-brow slandering a company's marketing campaign may use to smear its competitors out of popularity and existence.

Julien

Chicken
Orthodox
When I get in an argument witha maskie, I always tell them to do a simple experiment next time they are in the bathroom. Stand close to the mirror and exhale hard while wearing a mask. They will notice condensation on the mirror.

If the mask doesn't stop water vapour, then it certainly isn't stopping the microscopic viruses that are suspended in that water vapor. Trying to stop viruses with a piece of cloth is like trying to stop mosquitoes with a chain link fence.

Saying "it makes the vapor travel less distance" doesn't help either. If you are somewhere like the grocery store, the water vapor from other people's breath is literally all around you and has settled on every surface that you could possibly touch. Bacteria and viruses are inescapable. The way to protect yourself is to strengthen you body's defenses, not to evade the virus, which is impossible.

Redcrosse

Woodpecker
I think Johnnyvee is probably right, Mojambo, about having to be aggressive. Unfortunately. I especially like this one:

We can never vaccinate our way out of poor health in the population. (People still get sick with the vaccine in Israel etc.)

It's quick, easy to remember, and true.

If you need to add more, you can just say things like: "The VAERS system is flooded with all-time record numbers of deaths and major injuries from these jabs. Massive injuries (strokes, heart attacks) and no known benefits. Vaccines in general may save lives but these ones don't - they were rushed to market so no surprise they don't work."

Mojambo

Sparrow
I think Johnnyvee is probably right, Mojambo, about having to be aggressive. Unfortunately. I especially like this one:

It's quick, easy to remember, and true.

If you need to add more, you can just say things like: "The VAERS system is flooded with all-time record numbers of deaths and major injuries from these jabs. Massive injuries (strokes, heart attacks) and no known benefits. Vaccines in general may save lives but these ones don't - they were rushed to market so no surprise they don't work."
Totally agree. I just wrote similar sentiment in post #28.

Ideally would like this thread to have a handy reference of devastating knock-out counterpunches to the weak, predictable punches thrown from the Covid cult.

The counterpunch has to be something quick, aggressive and dirty (no data/logic/etc. necessarily needed), so Cult members don't have time to react with any more garbage talking points. Making them rationalize their poor analogy or back out is the goal, which makes them reluctant to use the analogy again. Onlookers of the fight will be influenced in the right direction.

Edek

Chicken
Orthodox Catechumen
This is an interesting thread. I see a lot of these "arguments" as rhetoric masquerading as dialectic. Trying to refute them dialectally is going to be futile in most cases. For example, mutual trouser wearing would stop all my pee spraying on you, but mutual fishnet tights with three inch square spaces would not, which is a better analogy for the party masks' ability to block airborne coofs. That isn't hard to spot, which makes me think that most people wearing party masks and shooting up don't really believe this manure either. Maybe I am too optimistic.

Elipe

Pelican
This is an interesting thread. I see a lot of these "arguments" as rhetoric masquerading as dialectic. Trying to refute them dialectally is going to be futile in most cases. For example, mutual trouser wearing would stop all my pee spraying on you, but mutual fishnet tights with three inch square spaces would not, which is a better analogy for the party masks' ability to block airborne coofs. That isn't hard to spot, which makes me think that most people wearing party masks and shooting up don't really believe this manure either. Maybe I am too optimistic.
It's just a big "gotcha" game. These analogies aren't written by the fence-sitters, they're written by the goose-stepping true believers.

Mojambo

Sparrow

Sadly, it signals virtue in the Covid cult so a lot do believe it or at least want others to think they believe it.

And yes, regarding dialectic vs. rhetoric, this is why this thread is different. The other threads overkilled every Covid cult talking point with objective reality and analysis, but this thread is more about persuasive tactics than it is proving our positions. Like you said, it is mostly futile now to show objective proof as a means of persuasion.

Instead, the whole idea is to make the cult prove their (insane) analogies and talking points to help stop the real pandemic: the spread of propaganda and brainwashing.

Mojambo

Sparrow
Another funny example I just saw from the vaccine thread.

Bad analogy:

• Participating in society unvaccinated is like running around with smallpox. The unvaccinated must isolate knowing the harms they can cause until vaccinated.
    • "If smallpox turns out to be rampant again, and people are insisting on running around public places where they might have smallpox ... we're [at a simular situation]" - Noah Chomsky

Possible response:
  • Because the protected need to be protected from the unprotected by forcing the unprotected to use the protection that didn't protect the protected. (credit)

1631573424890.png

Redcrosse

Woodpecker
Man, what a senile old dolt Noam Chomsky is! Maybe he was an important thinker at one point. So they say. Too bad there isn’t a real pandemic to take out this blabbering Semite’s senile old ass.

RedLagoon

Chicken
Orthodox Inquirer
Not sure what the point of this thread is as there is no logic involved with this cult so I'll just keep avoiding those loonies and focus on the ones that actually have a chance left.

Mojambo

Sparrow
Not sure what the point of this thread is as there is no logic involved with this cult so I'll just keep avoiding those loonies and focus on the ones that actually have a chance left.

You touched on the point — the other threads already logically refute cult talking points.

This thread aims to employ the tactic that brainwashed most of the cult.

Short, scathing rebuttals that trigger cognitive dissonance help stop Covid mantras from brainwashing others into the cult. No long-winded explanations with data or logic required, just something to quickly turn the stupid analogies upside-down, making the mantras sound ridiculous to the normie.

This will make it undesirable for the emotionally swayed to parrot those talking points to their like-minded friends because now it runs the risk of getting the same stymying "comeback".

Ideally, fence-sitters will rather be the one parroting the "comebacks" than the lame Covid mantras — effectively getting brainwashed in the other direction.

Elipe

Pelican
Participating in society unvaccinated is like running around with smallpox. The unvaccinated must isolate knowing the harms they can cause until vaccinated.
Participating in society vaccinated against COVID is like running around with scissors pointy-end up. The scissors-carrying retard must wear straitjackets knowing the harm they can cause to their eyes and potentially to others' eyes when the scissors "leaks" out of their grip.

See, mom! I can analogy too!

Mojambo

Sparrow
Examples of a Covid cult analogy:
  • "We need to start looking at the choice to remain unvaccinated the same as we look at driving while intoxicated. You have the option to not get vaccinated if you want, but then you can't go out in public." - Leana Wen, CNN

Answer v2.0:

"Ok, sure Leana. Usually when I'm drunk I don't drive — I have a designated driver or hire a cab to do the driving for me. In that case, can you go to my 9-to-5 job until I sober up? Oh, groceries too and taking the kids to and from school. Thanks, I'll pay you back for the gas."