Concise, powerful refutations of bad Covid analogies

soli.deo.gloria

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
I can definitely empathise.

What I found tiring was providing data-backed proofs to reach Q.E.D., but to people that had no intention of listening, and they'd simply repeat the same bad analogies and cult talking points back. Waste of time, like you said.

Hence, there's a need to simply come up with competing marketing slogans of a similar style that worked in brainwashing the cult in the first place.

In other words, I think we've already reached the maximum number of people that can wake up to the scam with logic, data and research. If they haven't yet awoken in the past 19 months, they never will. And those capable of logic and thinking but continue to parrot the mantras are likely leading sects of the cults themselves.

So with the remainder utterly incapable of independent thought and analysis, perhaps a strategy is to brainwash them in the other direction with the same quality of propaganda, attacking their slogans with newer slogans.

It's akin to the low-brow slandering a company's marketing campaign may use to smear its competitors out of popularity and existence.
I think you are correct, but I prefer a more direct approach. For example:

NPC: You are a horrible person, etc. How many more people have to die before you will accept the lockdowns + face diapers + mandatory injections?
Me: All of them. :)

Edek

Chicken
Orthodox Catechumen
It's just a big "gotcha" game. These analogies aren't written by the fence-sitters, they're written by the goose-stepping true believers.
Yeah, I agree, although based on their average physique, I bet you they do way more sitting than goose-stepping: it's great cardio.

Gradient

Kingfisher
Who among you could be "reasoned" out of your belief in God or his only Son? Survey says!!! - 0

Covid is now, and has been for quite some time, a fervently held religious conviction. The covidians have successfully shuttered businesses, churches, family gatherings, art events, patriotic events, ad infinitum. To normies the battle against Covid is a crusade. And all of us who refuse to join that children's crusade are infidels and must be converted or destroyed. (Sound familiar?)

Covidians cannot be "reasoned" out of their beliefs. To think so is the very same as the absurd belief that - "if we could just prove to Islamists that we mean them no harm, we could all get along." The covidians have fully bought in to their religion, and they derive the same personal satisfaction from the practice of their religion - masks, distancing, vax, virtue signaling, etc - that faithful Christians derive from practicing their faith.

There has been no greater priest to the Covidan cult than our governments. In the movie, "The Book Of Eli", the evil gang leader seeks a copy of the Bible because he knows that he can use it to gain even greater power over the masses through perversion of the scripture. Our governments have done something very similar in creating the Covidian cult.

"Governments simply CANNOT resist the seduction of enforcing greater power over the governed. They do not miss any opportunity to snug the shackles around their subjects' wrists, ankles, and throats. And so very many of those subjects simply look passively on as each click of the locking cams engage ever more tightly." (Anon quote that I wrote down when I saw it.)

The Covidians will never change their minds, even if the very flesh begins to peel from their bodies. (Probably because of Gamma-Max Covid incubated in the un-vaxed.) To do so would mean that they would have to admit that they, and everything they believed in is and was wrong. And you don't admit your "religion" is false. Ever.

Save your arguments only for the fence-sitters. And keep those arguments simple and plain.

Sisyphus

Woodpecker
Stupid analogy: "Hurr durr, if masks are so useless, why do surgeons wear them when performing surgery?!"

Concise response: The purpose of surgical masks is to prevent exchange of bodily fluids, not virions, many of which can fit through the mesh of a surgical mask

Source: Bunyan et al. 2012; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7132472/

There is little good quality evidence to support surgical masks as an effective respiratory infection protection measure.

inthefade

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Guys, you have my admiration for speaking to these people. Really.
When I see my close relative or neighbor mowing a big empty lawn with the mask on (because a virus could be in the air), then I'm so sorry, but I'm not psychically capable of discussion.
I don't have a problem speaking to 5 months old babies, dogs, cats, or even to myself, but not to covid aliens.
A long time ago, I made a decision not to waste my time with creepy, weird people anymore, and I never regret it.
But yes, these people need God's and ours mercy too.

View attachment 33597
to be fair to this guy, that mask could be to prevent all the dirt/dry grass being kicked up into his nose/mouth.

Pandemix

Pigeon
Some easy rhetoric I keep in mind, probably got some of these from this forum:

- "I see they replaced MAGA hats with Masks nowadays"

- "Nah, I'm not playing pandemic anymore"

- (When instructed to sit outside or a special area at a restaurant for non mask compliance): "So you're basically forcing me to sit at the back of the bus?"

- Instead of "COVID" call it "COVAIDS". Instead of "vaccine" say "injection"

- Have you heard about the Ligma variant?
No?
Lig-ma-balls!
(juvenile but hilarious)

- "The hospitals are filled with people sick of covid"
Response: "No, they're filled with fat and old people, like always"

- "you know your mask was made in China too?"

- The ultimate: "Masks are gay"

Tactics:

- If you're in a service job or deal with masked customers, cause minor inconveniences by pretending not to understand them and ask them to repeat themselves, or recite back an incorrect order. This usually sparks tiny moments of self reflection and makes them feel like they are the ones causing an inconvenience, or gets them to briefly lift the mask up to speak clearly to you

- When asked why you don't wear a mask, the overall "vibe" you should give off is that wearing one never crossed your radar of possibilities (in an aloof, unaggressive way) and should leave the asker feeling like wearing a mask is an alien concept to you

- pretend not to recognize someone you know who's wearing a mask, even if just for a few seconds where you stare at them in contemplation. Probably only works once, so turn up the bewilderment and verbally state you did not recognize them

-----

Fun thread, keep the ideas coming!

Mojambo

Sparrow
Another analogy that will probably spread soon among cult members:
  • Imagine all couples start using condoms. How many of the unintended pregnancies will be among condom users? A full 100%.
  • That doesn't mean condoms didn't work, half of the couples that would have had an unintended pregnancy did not conceive. For each unintended pregnancy, one pregnancy was avoided.
  • Unlike condoms and their efficacy in preventing unintended pregnancies, the Covid-19 vaccines are highly effective (and safe!) in preventing severe Covid-19.
Source:
Code:
twitter.com/tbplante/status/1430222978961317896
(not embedding the Tweet to avoid inflating view statistics)

Suggestions for quick takedown for anyone that parrots the same analogy?

Elipe

Pelican
Another analogy that will probably spread soon among cult members:
  • Imagine all couples start using condoms. How many of the unintended pregnancies will be among condom users? A full 100%.
  • That doesn't mean condoms didn't work, half of the couples that would have had an unintended pregnancy did not conceive. For each unintended pregnancy, one pregnancy was avoided.
  • Unlike condoms and their efficacy in preventing unintended pregnancies, the Covid-19 vaccines are highly effective (and safe!) in preventing severe Covid-19.
Suggestions for quick takedown for anyone that parrots the same analogy?
The takedown is really easy here. If the rate of unintended pregnancy is the same as or close to what it was before condoms came into mass use, then the condoms were clearly not effective. Even the graph referenced in your post illustrates a spike after the vaccine rollout that looks like past spikes before vaccines were rolled out.

Israel is also the most blatant case where despite being the most vaccinated country, the rate of hospitalization didn't die down. If it was a real vaccine, we should be seeing correlations. You don't see correlations.

Keep in mind that the whole reason for getting the !vax in the first place was to not spread it to others. If all the !vax does is mitigate symptoms, then there is literally no reason for there being a !vax mandate. Why does the government care so much if you get the sniffles that you're statistically very, very unlikely to get again after you've had it once? The government didn't seem to care when it was the flu.

So, rhetorical takedown in a neatly packaged sentence:
No shirt, no service. No correlation, no service.