Concise, powerful refutations of bad Covid analogies

Elipe

Pelican
More bad traffic analogies courtesy of
Well, considering how bad drivers are in the US, you'd have a lot of jerks driving like maniacs and refusing to stop. And you can't just say "kangs" because I know a lot of them do have very light skin tones too.

Dystopia can take two forms: anarchy or tyranny. Dystopia just means non-functioning society or a society where the conditions result in worse or worsening living conditions for people. Eliminating traffic laws would most likely worsen the living conditions where driving is concerned. COVID tyranny, however, is also dystopic.

Liberty doesn't mean freedom from laws, liberty means sovereignty. It means having a system where law serves man, not where man serves law. Traffic laws usually make sense because they improve our ability to use the roads. It would be when they become overly restrictive or needlessly complicated that they stop serving man. There is a balance here. COVID tyranny however, absolutely throws that balance out of the window because it is such a huge disrespect of the people's sovereignty and it is a blatant, naked power grab in the name of medicine.

Medical emergencies do not give the government the right to usurp the people's sovereignty. Nothing does.

Mojambo

Sparrow
Just copying/pasting another bad analogy found in the CV injection thread, and Tactician's great rebuttal for reference here:

Smelling the roses
1f642.png

I'm vaccinated and, no, I don't know exactly what's in it - neither this vaccine, the ones I had as a child, nor in the Big Mac, or in hot dogs, or in other treatments…whether it's for cancer, AIDS, the one for polyarthritis, or vaccines for infants or children.
I also don't know what's in Ibuprofen, Paracetamol , or other meds, it just cures my headaches & my pains.
I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos, vaping, Botox and fillers, or every ingredient in my soap or shampoo or even deodorants. I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods and washed their hands.
In short ...
There's a lot of things I don't know and never will…
I just know one thing: life is short, very short, and I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or staying locked in my home. I still want to travel and hug people without fear and find a little feeling of life "before".

I'm vaccinated, not to please the government but:
* To not die from Covid-19.
* To NOT clutter a hospital bed if I get sick.
* To hug my loved ones
* To Not have to do PCR or antigenic tests to go out dancing, go to a restaurant, go on holidays and many more things to come ...
* To live my life.
* To have kids go back to school and play sports.
* For Covid-19 to be an old memory.
* To protect us.

Stay Safe N Sound

Text copied, feel free to do the same...
I have
1f642.png

Tactician's rebuttal:

Ya know, I tend to like this line of thought. I don't phone up an engineer every time I want to cross a bridge. Not practical. I just trust it.

But that's about where this comparison ends.

Using the bridge example, you'd have:
  • 20-40%+ people including engineering professionals risking their jobs & warning not to cross that bridge.
  • No incoming danger to avoid by crossing the bridge (Don't personally know anyone harmed by Covid. My dad caught it, took Vit C, recovered in under a week).
  • The people mandating the bridge hate me & have a history of talking about depopulation, etc.
  • A chunk of cars crossing the bridge come out the other side all banged up or worse (I have family friends who have had their lives turned upside down by the vaxx).
  • Don't want to go where the bridge leads (I miss the sauna, that's about it).
  • A freaking alternative bridge (Vit C, Vit D, Zinc, Ivermectin, pick up a weight).
But two years later people are still demanding I cross the bridge
clown.png