Concise, powerful refutations of bad Covid analogies

Elipe

Pelican
Protestant
More bad traffic analogies courtesy of
Well, considering how bad drivers are in the US, you'd have a lot of jerks driving like maniacs and refusing to stop. And you can't just say "kangs" because I know a lot of them do have very light skin tones too.

Dystopia can take two forms: anarchy or tyranny. Dystopia just means non-functioning society or a society where the conditions result in worse or worsening living conditions for people. Eliminating traffic laws would most likely worsen the living conditions where driving is concerned. COVID tyranny, however, is also dystopic.

Liberty doesn't mean freedom from laws, liberty means sovereignty. It means having a system where law serves man, not where man serves law. Traffic laws usually make sense because they improve our ability to use the roads. It would be when they become overly restrictive or needlessly complicated that they stop serving man. There is a balance here. COVID tyranny however, absolutely throws that balance out of the window because it is such a huge disrespect of the people's sovereignty and it is a blatant, naked power grab in the name of medicine.

Medical emergencies do not give the government the right to usurp the people's sovereignty. Nothing does.

Elipe

Pelican
Protestant
This analogy has received a recent update. More cheese!! More hula hoops!

View attachment 33972
Not nearly enough cheese. The "shared responsibilities" need to include governments putting people into cattle cars to move them into death camps where they can be gassed with a delousing agent in wooden chambers. After all, if the people are dead, they're not spreading the disease. Clever, huh?

Mojambo

Sparrow
Trad Catholic
Just copying/pasting another bad analogy found in the CV injection thread, and Tactician's great rebuttal for reference here:

Smelling the roses
1f642.png

I'm vaccinated and, no, I don't know exactly what's in it - neither this vaccine, the ones I had as a child, nor in the Big Mac, or in hot dogs, or in other treatments…whether it's for cancer, AIDS, the one for polyarthritis, or vaccines for infants or children.
I also don't know what's in Ibuprofen, Paracetamol , or other meds, it just cures my headaches & my pains.
I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos, vaping, Botox and fillers, or every ingredient in my soap or shampoo or even deodorants. I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods and washed their hands.
In short ...
There's a lot of things I don't know and never will…
I just know one thing: life is short, very short, and I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or staying locked in my home. I still want to travel and hug people without fear and find a little feeling of life "before".

I'm vaccinated, not to please the government but:
* To not die from Covid-19.
* To NOT clutter a hospital bed if I get sick.
* To hug my loved ones
* To Not have to do PCR or antigenic tests to go out dancing, go to a restaurant, go on holidays and many more things to come ...
* To live my life.
* To have kids go back to school and play sports.
* For Covid-19 to be an old memory.
* To protect us.

Stay Safe N Sound

Text copied, feel free to do the same...
I have
1f642.png

Tactician's rebuttal:

Ya know, I tend to like this line of thought. I don't phone up an engineer every time I want to cross a bridge. Not practical. I just trust it.

But that's about where this comparison ends.

Using the bridge example, you'd have:
  • 20-40%+ people including engineering professionals risking their jobs & warning not to cross that bridge.
  • No incoming danger to avoid by crossing the bridge (Don't personally know anyone harmed by Covid. My dad caught it, took Vit C, recovered in under a week).
  • The people mandating the bridge hate me & have a history of talking about depopulation, etc.
  • A chunk of cars crossing the bridge come out the other side all banged up or worse (I have family friends who have had their lives turned upside down by the vaxx).
  • Don't want to go where the bridge leads (I miss the sauna, that's about it).
  • A freaking alternative bridge (Vit C, Vit D, Zinc, Ivermectin, pick up a weight).
But two years later people are still demanding I cross the bridge
clown.png

Lawrence87

Woodpecker
Orthodox
The vaxx pushers really like their seat belt analogies.

I just heard a guy on the radio make the following analogy to explain why the majority of people who are dying from COVID are vaccinated:

The majority of road deaths are from people wearing seatbelts. This does not prove that seatbelts don't work.

The thing is a seatbelt does not exist to prevent accidents, it cannot do that, and that is never it's stated purpose. It is designed to stop you flying through the windscreen if you get in an accident. Just like a hard hat can stop serious injury, but it cannot stop something from falling on your head...

However a vaccine is by definition supposed to convey immunity. If a "vaccine" allows for the possibility of contracting, spreading, and dying from the disease, then it can hardly be said to make you immune to it, ergo IT DOESN'T EFFING WORK!

Elipe

Pelican
Protestant
The vaxx pushers really like their seat belt analogies.
Midwits treat analogies like arguments. They're not. Analogies are, at best, clarifications on existing arguments. At worst, you just look like a complete moron. But as we've seen lately, people seem more than happy to be complete morons. All you need to do for proof of that is to look at Tiktok.

When I was a kid, I had a brother who would punch me for acting like a 'tard (e.g. doing a Tiktok-style dance). We all need that brother in our lives now.

Lawrence87

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Midwits treat analogies like arguments. They're not. Analogies are, at best, clarifications on existing arguments. At worst, you just look like a complete moron. But as we've seen lately, people seem more than happy to be complete morons. All you need to do for proof of that is to look at Tiktok.

When I was a kid, I had a brother who would punch me for acting like a 'tard (e.g. doing a Tiktok-style dance). We all need that brother in our lives now.

Yeah I think its because analogies are easy to remember and don't really require much thought to understand, and thus many people can just repeat them without actually having to think about their position on a given matter. Plus to idiots they sound like mic-drop takedowns so they probably think repeating them is cool...

"HURRR so refusing the vaccine is like forcing your grandma to not wear a seatbelt, and then driving your car off a cliff into the sea with her inside HUURRR"

Laus Deo

Woodpecker
Orthodox
An analogy I’ve thought of is actually a home security system. Hopefully you think it’s good:

Your body is your house, corona is a burglar, masks are bars on the windows, and the jab is an alarm.

My NPC neighbours are effectively arguing that their neighbour’s house down the street not having a security system impacts their safety even though they have a home security system installed.

Having a house alarm and bars installed gives NPCs a (false?) sense of protection. However, sometimes burglars don’t care about security systems and ruthlessly attack you anyway (i.e. the jabbed still getting corona and dying of it).

The unjabbed take their chances with self-defence ability (i.e. their immune system), a baseball bat under the bed (i.e. ivermectin etc), and good personal habits like leaving nothing unlocked overnight (i.e. good personal hygiene).

Also throw into the analogy the notion that the younger you are, the far safer the neighbourhood you live in (thus negating the need for a home security system) and you realise the utter lack of logic to the last 2 years.

Stadtaffe

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
I am three quarters of the way through this podcast -

It's an interview with this guy from Lausanne who is a professor in the philosophy of science. There is one point worth paraphrasing here, as best I can

You can't debate gravitation and go jump over your house, and current politicians have tried to argue that you similarly can't debate covid studies and refuse masks, lockdowns and vaccines. The thing is, in the 1930s, there were other "hard" scientific theories around race, skull size and shape, behaviour etc. I think it comes under the umbrella of 'scientific racism'.

The German politicians of the time were certainly no stranger to using that science in their policies, and at that point in time, perhaps it was also regarded much as gravitation, a hard order from above that it is practically illegal to argue with the science.

So now our politicians have another new science of a very recent phenomenon which they are holding up as an absolute truth and using to bash us.

Science can be publically debated and still stand up if it is real science - if people were truly dropping dead everywhere from covid, the government wouldn't even need to defend the 'science' at all. It's not real science, it's a dogma, and the proof is the enormous censorship efforts and punishments for questioning it.

Padouk

Kingfisher
Non-Christian
I am three quarters of the way through this podcast -

It's an interview with this guy from Lausanne who is a professor in the philosophy of science. There is one point worth paraphrasing here, as best I can

You can't debate gravitation and go jump over your house, and current politicians have tried to argue that you similarly can't debate covid studies and refuse masks, lockdowns and vaccines. The thing is, in the 1930s, there were other "hard" scientific theories around race, skull size and shape, behaviour etc. I think it comes under the umbrella of 'scientific racism'.

The German politicians of the time were certainly no stranger to using that science in their policies, and at that point in time, perhaps it was also regarded much as gravitation, a hard order from above that it is practically illegal to argue with the science.

So now our politicians have another new science of a very recent phenomenon which they are holding up as an absolute truth and using to bash us.

Science can be publically debated and still stand up if it is real science - if people were truly dropping dead everywhere from covid, the government wouldn't even need to defend the 'science' at all. It's not real science, it's a dogma, and the proof is the enormous censorship efforts and punishments for questioning it.

It was the German Nazi politicians who first weaponized the Germ theory against the population. Most prominent was Claus Shilling from Koch Institute who did experiments with inmates at the concentration camps.

Koch Institute was extensively involved in “violent policies” of Nazi government, study finds

Four studies of the dark side of Germany’s medical profession during the Nazi era have been selected as winners in a research competition cosponsored by the German Medical Association and the German Health Ministry.
One of the winning studies focuses on the Robert Koch Institute, whose role in Germany today is similar to that of the Centers for Disease Control in the United States. As recently as the early 1990s the institute had downplayed its role in Nazi crimes, saying that only a handful of Koch staff members participated.

Stadtaffe

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
It was the German Nazi politicians who first weaponized the Germ theory against the population. Most prominent was Claus Shilling from Koch Institute who did experiments with inmates at the concentration camps.

Koch Institute was extensively involved in “violent policies” of Nazi government, study finds

Well their past has clearly not harmed their credibility it seems, they are definitely the go-to reference -

Laut Meldebericht des RKI ist die Inzidenz auch bei Kindern und Jugendlichen seit Pandemie-Beginn kontinuierlich gestiegen.

Just a few days ago the RKI was telling us why we can soon vaccinate children from age 5 rather than from just age 12.

Last edited:

Padouk

Kingfisher
Non-Christian
Well their past has clearly not harmed their credibility it seems, they are definitely the go-to reference -

Laut Meldebericht des RKI ist die Inzidenz auch bei Kindern und Jugendlichen seit Pandemie-Beginn kontinuierlich gestiegen.

Just a few days ago the RKI was telling us why we can soon vaccinate children from age 5 rather than from justage 12.

As I stated somewhere here in this forum - the Nazis won the WW2!

Mojambo

Sparrow
Trad Catholic
New incoming bad analogy!

With the booster now being pushed worldwide, outlets like the BBC and all the NPCs that parrot them are out in full force with this gem:

"the 3rd [jab] is like University, giving the immune system a broad spectrum response".

1639611518885.png

More accurately, the third jab is like repeating the first grade in primary school for the third school year in a row because it already failed twice.