Conspiracy theorists--what made you start believing?

I myself can't pinpoint an exact moment. Perhaps it was enough that I've been on the fringe right for so many years that I began realizing that all the left-liberal-Enlightenment institutions were gaslighting us into not believing objective reality nor our own intuition. But I think there are some threads that coalesce:
  • I first learned about a New World Order in elementary school, since I went to a private Christian school. Now, I'm no longer a protestant since it's clear that many evangelical sects are Zionist-manipulated, and in hindsight I believe that my pastor was an MK Ultra slave. But it did plant a see that there were supragovernmental forces that were coalescing to make a one world government. Even though the European Union didn't end up becoming like anything in the book of Revelation, it is clearly Luciferian in origin.
  • In high school, a friend told me that the Star of David was not a Jewish symbol, but a Freemasonic one. That certainly raised eyebrows.
  • When I converted to Orthodoxy, I learned that joining the Freemasons was an excommunicable offense. The Catholics have the same rule but have gone into much greater breadth and depth about why the Craft is wrong.
  • I found The Vigilant Citizen. At first I dismissed most of their articles because I thought symbols were meaningless. But then I asked myself, "If symbols are meaningless, why are they literally everywhere, in everything?" I think this the rabbit hole I fell into. I further realized that all of these peoples, shows and things that pushed these "meaningless" symbols were also pushing agendas that were against God's laws.

Amwolf

Robin
This is going to be an interesting thread, thanks for taking the initiative. I'm going to be brief for now, but simply becoming well-read, discovering alt media, respecting investigative journalism, enduring several "Red Pill" experiences, and being an independent & critical thinker is what made me start believing. Furthermore, not watching more than a minute of TV in over 10 years in addition to avoiding all MSM certainly helped.

ABeast

Robin
Probably binging on Noam Chomsky's early works was what woke me up to the manipulation of media. He does a great job on that even if his ideas about solutions are fuzzy at best.

EndlessGravity

Woodpecker
I come from a family with an interest in them but have long been very skeptical for this reason.

By 2000, I was sure there was a lot going on most people didn't know about. Then 2001. I still only believed in conspiracy if things didn't add up or there was other evidence. Early on I knew WMDs was bullshit and I had started learning about how we overthrow other governments. I also researched verified historic collision between government, corporations, and universities.

That's not what did it for me really though.

Maybe our government was dumb or corrupt conspiratorial things only happened in the past. However, when Israel finally admitted to using vaccines to give birth control to Africans, I knew the world was a much more screwed up place than I had realized.

Now I don't believe any official account and have zero trust in most institutions.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
JFK. Oliver Stone's movie really laid out the absurd "Magic Bullet Theory" in plain view, and explained that the US basically had a coup de etat that day. It made me realize that the government was lying about the assassination of its top leader. Now, why would a government lie about or seriously bungle the investigation of the murder of its most powerful and important person, unless it was involved or supported the killing?

From there, it is easy to spot patterns and see lies repeated and coverups continue. The more you read things, you see people who "get it" like General Smedley Butler, or Alex Jones to a large degree, or anyone who is independent and thinking. The more you look into stories, whether they be David Koresh, or WW2, or the history of our nation, or the gay rights movement, you will see that the story you know was a mythical version of the truth.

If you pay attention you will even find that the so-called fringe "left" and "right" will agree on certain things (example: nonintervention, public health care, tax reform, complaints of our greatest ally) but somehow those issues are never allowed to be discussed.

The thing that helped me put it all together and understand the big picture was probably Adam Curtis' The Power of Nightmares.

And yeah seeing the 9-11 towers suddenly collapse after I was watching them for an hour on tv, and suddenly they pancake at free fall speeds and we are told that's just the moment the fires made the buildings fall, it's an obvious lie that they spent the next several weeks trying to explain away.

A huge part of it is realizing the media is dishonest (I don't think individual reporters attempt to be dishonest all the time, but their editors tell them what to report, and they do it, or they just blindly repeat others' work). The big eye opener for that was when reporters all over the country (including a girl I know in my town) reported that Roosh meetups were "rape clubs." That's when I realized just because the media repeats something, doesn't mean there is a shred of truth in it, and it's not even the individual journalists being dishonest, it's a corruption of the whole institution (my friend had no clue where the rape club nonsense came from, but she wrote an article about it anyway).

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
9-11. My first thought when I saw those planes hit the towers so exactly was that they were remote controlled. I still do.
Same for me. I watched a movie called zeitgeist which did a breakdown of 911. I had learned about tower 3 , the demolition like falling of the buildings, the NORAD training excercises; but that movie tied it together. I think that was the first major that took place in my lifetime I understood, but life went on. And I actually didn't investigate it that much more.

The term Conspiracy Theory was coined after JFK was killed. Those who didn't buy the single shooter story were labelled conspiracy theorists. It's ironic that the term itself, is a psy op.

Talus

Pigeon
Watching Tower 7 fall down at free fall speed for the first time in 2010. It was a light switch 'on' moment for me. I didn't even know I was taking the redpill at the time. It was like Morpheus spiked my drink.

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
JFK. Oliver Stone's movie really laid out the absurd "Magic Bullet Theory" in plain view,
Except that this is proven to be the truly the case. See the Nova special, it proves without a doubt that Oswald shot JFK and the magic bullet was bent for real = according to physics and the laws of nature.

Now, someone putting Oswald up to it, being involved with Ruby, etc - I won't deny that's a possible link to something more nefarious. But what happened to JFK in the US government record is accurate.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
There were 2 government investigations into the JFK killing. The first was the Warren Commission published in 1964. After the Zapruder Film was available to the public in 1976, which blatantly contradicted the Warren Commissions description of the events, a second investigation, The House Select Committee on Assassinations, was published in 1978. This investigation used additional film and video evidence and created a very accurate timeline, second by second, using audio recordings from a policeman's radio that was stuck recording in the "ON" position and captured the shots.

While the second investigation was not perfect, and indeed many researches have major problems with some of its findings, the conclusion of the 1978 commission was that there were multiple shooters, and a conspiracy. That is the official government record as to the death of JFK and in that respect I agree, the government record is accurate.

Incidentally, Dan Rather viewed the Zapruder film privately, years before it was shown to the public. He reported that it showed Kennedy's head falling forward, as would be expected from a shot form Oswald's location. In '76 the public saw the film, with the "back and to the left" head movement. How Rather was able to keep his job, after the film came out and showed the exact opposite thing he described, and indicating an obvious media coverup, I'll never understand. His career ended shamefully when he was accused of misrepresenting a story about G.W. Bush's fake military service, a story which was accurately reported but used to tank his career, and all I can say is it serves him right that he was taken out by a lie.

Reactions: 911

Peacock
Gold Member
Except that this is proven to be the truly the case. See the Nova special, it proves without a doubt that Oswald shot JFK and the magic bullet was bent for real = according to physics and the laws of nature.

Now, someone putting Oswald up to it, being involved with Ruby, etc - I won't deny that's a possible link to something more nefarious. But what happened to JFK in the US government record is accurate.
Jakob Rubinstein aka Jack Ruby was Meyer Lansky's minion. In addition to being at the very top of the mob food chain (above the Italians), Lansky was also a hardcore zionist. JFK had blocked Israel's nuclear program and wanted to shut down their lobby in the US, that was probably the biggest red line he's crossed.

One of the key figures in the Israeli nuclear procurement program was Arnon Milchan, the guy who actually produced Oliver Stone's JFK, so that angle was definitely not going to be covered...

Christopher Bollyn on Arnon Milchan: https://www.bollyn.com/arnon-milchan-mr-israel-and-911/

Probably binging on Noam Chomsky's early works was what woke me up to the manipulation of media. He does a great job on that even if his ideas about solutions are fuzzy at best.
Chomsky is a high-level gatekeeper, his job is to whine about The Man, while hiding the oligarchy's true nature. In classic gatekeeper fashion, he will drop a lot of truth on media manipulation while manipulating his captive audience on the most important stuff (Fed banking system, JFK, 9/11), keeping them in the leftist plantation.

Elipe

Woodpecker
For me, it wasn't really one thing. It was just a whole lot of small things adding up, gradually peeling the veil from my eyes.

I had first-hand experience of a newspaper misquoting me in a way that you couldn't just chalk up to a typo, and this was on a very non-political, non-sensitive issue. There was just no way this was part of some agenda, and again, it was major enough that you couldn't blame it on a typo. Needless to say, it didn't take much after that to convince me that the news organizations were fake news. Because if they could just make stuff up on a non-controversial/non-partisan subject, how much more likely are they to do that with a controversial, partisan subject?

Growing up, I always had a huge issue with authority, because I was a very observational child that saw that authority figures were routinely hypocritical. They would give hour-long lectures on certain things, and then go and do the opposite of what they just preached. And God help you if a little girl blamed you for something you didn't do. It didn't matter how much evidence you had, it didn't matter - they just "don't want to hear it" (their exact words). That pretty much convinced me - and this was before I became a Christian - that justice was meaningless, because justice was just whatever the authorities felt like supporting at the time. It was definitely a confrontation with the reality that what the secular world called "justice" was in fact just "might makes right", in spite of all the word salad dressage they give it. And of course, they would act all high and mighty and morally outraged while LYING TO MY FACE about things I supposedly did. I can't tell you how fast that killed my respect for authority. Becoming a Christian - coming to know Jesus Christ and the Father - is the only reason I ever started respecting the very concept of authority itself, but this experience with authority in my life has generally soured me to secular authorities.

It also doesn't help either that a ton of leftists talk in that scolding schoolmarm style.

And don't get me started on corporate speak. Nothing makes my skin crawl as much as "business language" does. It's so neuter, so dehumanizing, so indirect, and above all, seems designed to allow you to lie by omission while giving you plausible deniability on the omission. I try to speak with people in a more natural way, and it does seem to help put people at ease.

Basically, I guess I just kind of fell into the conspiracy crowd because I realized that 99% of people around me are just spouting BS, and that the more "respectable" people in society are the ones that spew the most of it. That's actually one reason I voted for Trump, because he seemed to speak naturally, and not in that obnoxiously stilted way that "respectable" people do. That made me feel like I could trust him more.

Honestly, massive big tech censorship made it all believable for me. I heard about various "conspiracy theories" I had no first person evidence for, so I could plausibly dismiss them. However, the censorship was clearly a huge highly coordinated effort that I witnessed first hand. I realized they were covering up migrant attacks in Europe, so it didn't take long to infer what else they were covering up.

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
Jakob Rubinstein aka Jack Ruby was Meyer Lansky's minion. In addition to being at the very top of the mob food chain (above the Italians), Lansky was also a hardcore zionist. JFK had blocked Israel's nuclear program and wanted to shut down their lobby in the US, that was probably the biggest red line he's crossed.

One of the key figures in the Israeli nuclear procurement program was Arnon Milchan, the guy who actually produced Oliver Stone's JFK, so that angle was definitely not going to be covered...

Christopher Bollyn on Arnon Milchan: https://www.bollyn.com/arnon-milchan-mr-israel-and-911/
I wouldn't deny any of this at all, seeing what we see now, and knowing what we know. I think at this point the deep state has shown us just how corrupt they are, and how anything is possible. But my point is that regardless of who put him up to it (which is interesting) Oswald took the shots, killed the president, and then killed a man while running away. It is interesting who put him up to it, but I doubt we will ever know.

redbeard

Hummingbird
Surprised no one's said this yet (oh how the forum has grown!), but for me, it was picking up women. The original red pill.

In my youth, I spent years working to get women to like me. Muscling up the energy to talk to girls. Agonizing over why she liked that guy, but not me. Stressing about which smiley to send. You know the story.

And what did I get for it? Little to no attention from girls, and even then, I was treated like a second-class citizen. My girlfriend at the time clearly didn't respect me and I was not the leader of our relationship.

I find the RVF and start treating my girlfriend like trash, giving her the real "skittles" treatment, all of the sudden she's spoiling me like a king.

Once I saw that what I had been told about women was a lie, all the other dominoes fell into place.

Grey

Sparrow
Belief in God and the teachings of Jesus. Once I accepted that it was easier to see the false idols, teachings, and figureheads for what they are.
I feel this way.

I kind of maintain a kind of innocence when it comes to narratives and story-lines. I don't know the details first, second, or third hand on most of these major events, so a sort of gentile agnostacism is the tone I usually set for things like this.

As most of you probably well know, anything short of full fledged, passionate support for the mainstream narrative puts you firmly in conspiracy theory territory to most people. Shreds of doubt are not allowed in the slightest.

The times I've been able to see behind the scenes of news media showed me that they're going to lie pathologically, even if they have no reason too and have an accurate story in front of them. It's like a neuroses, or insanity. And firsthand accounts of NGO and charity operations showed me that there are major problems with funneling money into the third world, and mostly NGOs don't care if they make things better or worse as long as they get that money to funnel.

So, when evaluating the plausibility of the story I usually rate it low by virtue of a major media outlet saying it. I think that's the rational thing to do, even on trivial matters.

I do like to read pubmed journals or advanced academic work though, it tends to be better. It is biased stuff but it doesn't hide it's bias, and that makes something more trustworthy. If someone seeks to look impartial assume they're just good at hiding their bias, and very good at lying.

I think people assuming that they can find anything on the internet is a very toxic outlook, and I think it's presently being used against us. I read enough obscure literature to know that a lot of stuff never finds its way online. But lately when I go to look up pieces of data or articles that used to be easy to find they're gone. Completely memory holed.

There where some interesting studies on negative impacts of homosexuality that I cannot find at all anymore. There were many detailed articles on how the US gov arrested or shot parents who resisted public schooling in the begging and that info seems to be gone too. More and more counter-narrative work seems to just not be around anymore. Not even on archive.

Archive has been gradually purging thought crime sites for the last year or two hey?

The contemporary 'if it's real you can source it online' mentality is going to really bite truth-seekers in the coming years, as more and more info surreptitiously fades away.

For the longest time it was very difficult for me to overcome some kind of innate (maybe conditioned?) repulsion to anything termed a conspiracy theory.

When my mind finally opened to believing possibilities that weren't part of the narrative spawned by the MSM, it was like some kind of switch went off in my mind.

It was weird how it happened, I heard the following said - "There have been conspiracies ever since humans started keeping secrets." Then bam, whatever internal wall preventing me believing or at least allowing the possibility that another explanation was possible was torn down.