Conspiracy theory time

Atlas Shrugged

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
Ok this got me thinking and yes this may be overboard. Someone I know had her house searched by swat for counterfeiting equipment cause husband was on camera using a fake bill. Obviously nothing found. Husband was told it was fake at convenient store and threw it away on camera. This person was told this specific number on those bills are all over the US and some high government agency is involved. Well then other people told stories of how they got counterfeit money from banks and atms and went back and was told oh well nothing they can do. So my mind goes to this is the government doing everything they can to get rid of cash. Crazy or on to something?

chance vought

Woodpecker
Protestant
As a thought experiment, if you wanted the population to have less faith in cash and rely more on banks, introducing a lot of counterfeit money into circulation is the best way I can think of.

Governments are creating plagues and keeping billions of people sick so a few can get rich, I would say they are not above printing fake Monopoly money, instead of real Monopoly money.

Deserves a closer scrutiny for sure.

Starlight

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
When my friend worked retail years ago, the manager told her to get rid of any possible counterfeit bills to the next customer as quickly as possible as change or cash back… Because when the cash money from the store is taken to the bank, the franchise gets dinged big time for any counterfeit, and the cashier gets docked however much was fake in their cashier box from their pay. I imagine banks do the same thing with any counterfeit they accidentally/unknowingly take from cash deposits, etc. Instead of destroying it and taking a loss, they just put it back out into circulation.

That’s crazy for someone to have their house raided for that.

Last edited:

Atlas Shrugged

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
When my friend worked retail years ago, the manager always told her to get rid of any possible counterfeit bills to the next costumer as quickly as possible as change or cash back… Because when the cash money from the store is taken to the bank, the franchise gets dinged big time for any counterfeit, and the cashier gets docked however much was fake in their cashier box from their pay. I imagine banks do the same thing with any counterfeit they accidentally/unknowingly take from cash deposits, etc. Instead of destroying it and taking a loss, they just put it back out into distribution.

That’s crazy for someone to have their house raided for that.
Yes it is but they were told this specific serial number was all over the US and that got on their radar. They only reason this person was found was cause some people are very unique looking and there is no mistaking who that is. If it was some random average person they might have not gotten identified. Edit that is not cool purposely giving customers fake money. I can’t believe stores do that. The one I worked at never did but this was over 20 years ago and can’t remember ever having counterfeit money at that store.

Starlight

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
Yes it is but they were told this specific serial number was all over the US and that got on their radar. They only reason this person was found was cause some people are very unique looking and there is no mistaking who that is. If it was some random average person they might have not gotten identified. Edit that is not cool purposely giving customers fake money. I can’t believe stores do that. The one I worked at never did but this was over 20 years ago and can’t remember ever having counterfeit money at that store.
I’ve gotten fake 20’s from the bank before… sucks. Got some cash out of my debit account for a county fair only to be told by a teenager selling cotton candy and corn dogs that my twenty from the bank was fake. Fun.

I don’t know if it’s a conspiracy so much as it’s something that the government allows to happen because they benefit from it. That money’s gotta get washed somehow, right?