Coronavirus Economic, Cultural, Political Ramifications

infowarrior1

Ostrich
While this was not true of our usury ridden fraudulent money system. Before usury and modern ponzi scheme economies. The Black Death gave rise to Yeoman Farmers and helped to abolish serfdom:

Excalibur

Sparrow
Taiwanese government does not call every citizen twice a day. They only call people who travel from abroad who are required to quarantine for 2 weeks. 2 week quarantine from abroad is pretty much a world wide policy now. HK and S Korea actually put an electronic wrist band on you to track your movement like an ankle bracelet for home arrest. HK, Korea, Australia, and many other countries also require you to stay in designated quarantine camp/hotels when you arrived at their country. Taiwan has quarantine hotels for those who don't have their own residence in Taiwan but if you have your own apartment you can stay there.

CCP did not "allow" Taiwanese to go investigate in China. Taiwan went because they did not trust the information from Wuhan claiming the virus is benign. The rest of the world trusted CCP and WHO.

Too much mis-information floating on the internet. And as well as Taiwan is doing, I would hardly say they defeated coronavirus. It's too early to tell. Maybe in 2 years the rest of the world will have developed herd immunity, and all the Taiwanese will still be afraid for their lives from foreigners.

Taiwan did well against corona virus

bad news: the government tracks every One of their citizens via their phones and calls them to remind them to stay home

But no one talks about Taiwan

Roosh

Cardinal
Used car market is about to get flooded.
Over the last few weeks, we have been keeping a close eye on the growing glut of automobile inventory, exacerbated by demand falling off a cliff, plunging used car prices and rental car companies suffering from an unprecedented collapse in business (or, like Hertz, simply going bankrupt).

Easy E

Kingfisher
Used car market is about to get flooded.

The "used" everything market is about to get flooded.

Now that states are re-opening, tons of people are going to get evicted for non-payment of rent and/or back rent.

People are going to be selling their possessions like crazy and moving in with parents or relatives. Expect to see craigslist flooded with used cars, jewelery, TVs, phones, electronics, furniture, etc.

We are heading straight into a great depression.

kel

Kingfisher
I've been looking to buy a car, the next few months might be the time, though I will feel a little guilty. Used car places will play middle-men and try to keep their usual prices going, I'm guessing, have to go directly to the seller but then that comes with other risks.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
The dramatic focus on the beaches in interesting and strikes me as particularly telling.

I'm not sure if it's an eco-fascist thing or related to the fact that most people socially distance at the beach anyway and with all that sun and salt it's borderline impossible to infect another person. While taking even the most basic precautions to socially distance, the beach is infinitely safer than a supermarket for example.

So it seems like they've chosen the beaches as the focal point of these lockdowns simply because if anywhere should be open, it should be the beaches.

Easy_C

Crow
The dramatic focus on the beaches in interesting and strikes me as particularly telling.

I'm not sure if it's an eco-fascist thing or related to the fact that most people socially distance at the beach anyway and with all that sun and salt it's borderline impossible to infect another person. While taking even the most basic precautions to socially distance, the beach is infinitely safer than a supermarket for example.

So it seems like they've chosen the beaches as the focal point of these lockdowns simply because if anywhere should be open, it should be the beaches.
For a lot of local officials the reaction seems to be kind of like:

7rangers.com/2020/04/chinas
-2021-war-plan.html?m=1

Got this from henrymakows Twitter though it was an interesting analysis on how cov is being adapted by the CCP. What do you all think?

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
My dad who's been retired for 5 years got a stimulus check in the mail. My 92 year old grandmother got one, too. What the hell? It makes no sense that retired people living on Social Security would receive a stimulus check.

I filed my taxes in February and I'm still waiting on my return on top of my stimulus check. :boring:

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
Did you submit your direct deposit info? Thats how I got my stimulus check.

I filed my taxes in March and entered my bank info.
Did you e-file or mail in your taxes?

They won't let me fill out my direct deposit on the IRS site. I filled out the info to find out about the stimulus check and it came back with nothing. My old man offered to do my taxes and he snail mailed it, so I'm pretty sure that's I haven't seen my stimulus check.

As far as my tax return, I guess the IRS is overburdened, not to mention being a gov't entity they are mostly incompetent.

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
Uh-huh...

South Korea uses surveillance tech to confirm 100 cases linked to gay bar outbreak
When South Korean health authorities realized they might have a new cluster on their hands in Seoul - a cluster that, thanks to SK's population density, threatened to spread like wildfire - they initially panicked: The unnamed 'super-spreader' at the center of the outbreak had traveled to several gay clubs in Seoul's ritzy Itaewon nightlife district.

Because homosexuality is still 'taboo' in South Korea, contact tracers feared those potentially exposed might be afraid to come forward. Fortunately, South Korea's contact-tracing systems combed through mobile phone data, credit card data and CCTV footage, allowing authorities to swiftly identify dozens of people who came into contact with 'patient zero.'

As of 10am Seoul Time on Tuesday, Seoul Mayor Park Won-soon said the number of cases tied to this outbreak had reached 101.

If loss of taste is a symptom of the China Virus. Were these guys no longer able to 'taste the rainbow' ?

PM Modi announced lockdown 4.0, details of which will be revealed on state by state basis by may 18.

However, bigger announcement is the economic package of $267 bilion called the "Self reliant India" program. This 10 Percent of India's GDP and 75 percent of government budget.

No details yet but supposed to be a boost for indian companies and encourage local manufacturing and services.