Coronavirus Economic, Cultural, Political Ramifications

Magnus Stout

Sparrow
Authorities: lockdown is essential to prevent hospitals being overrun.

Reality: 1.4 million health care workers lost their jobs in April, a sharp increase from the 42,000 reported in March, according to the Labor Department.

budoslavic

Crow
Gold Member
^
The Amish community doesn't like to get involved in politics. But they are aware of the coronavirus events and news through their trusted sources and non-Amish friends and neighbors.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member

budoslavic

Crow
Gold Member
Speaking of bills, this was mentioned in another thread.

5G cellular infrastructure roll out is quietly continuing to expand while normies are under coronavirus lockdown orders. Perfect opportunity for the baddies to not deal with the protesters and the objections of non-profit organizations (i.e., Electronic Frontier Foundation).

Meanwhile...
The COVID19 pandemic has caused governments around the world to lockdown their nations, cancel public school sessions, and cost millions of people their jobs. Fears of spreading the virus and overloading the healthcare system are triggering an authoritarian response from many of these governments — including the United States. For many Americans, these aggressive measures have halted typical daily activities. Taking a trip to the gym, work, school, or out with friends – are no longer an option.

However, while most non-essential activities have stopped, the controversial expansion of the 5th generation of cellular infrastructure has continued. With the support and lobbying of the CTIA, Big Wireless’ 5G agenda is quickly expanding. Records from ProPublica show the CTIA lobbied for 2 recent bills related to 5G infrastructure.

On March 23, the 5G roll out took one step forward in the U.S. when President Donald Trump signed a bill aimed at “securing America’s 5G infrastructure.” The Secure 5G and Beyond Act calls for Congress to present a comprehensive plan for accelerating the nation’s 5G network “not later than 180 days.” The building of the next generation network has rapidly advanced due to the passing of the Secure 5G and Beyond Act and the Broadband Deployment Accuracy and Technological Availability (DATA) Act, which passed the House in December 2019.

Smitty727

Whats everyone's thoughts on nearly every commercial and form of programming being used to propagate all the corona dogma? I mean it seems like every commercial has some form of "Stay safe, stay home" "flatten the curve" etc being mentioned in it. Just seems a bit pre ordained if you ask me. I think its becoming more clear, that we will not be going back to normal, and are entering into God forbid, a "new normal". I can see these social distancing guidelines continuing past quarantine. Whats your thoughts?

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
Whats everyone's thoughts on nearly every commercial and form of programming being used to propagate all the corona dogma? I mean it seems like every commercial has some form of "Stay safe, stay home" "flatten the curve" etc being mentioned in it. Just seems a bit pre ordained if you ask me. I think its becoming more clear, that we will not be going back to normal, and are entering into God forbid, a "new normal". I can see these social distancing guidelines continuing past quarantine. Whats your thoughts?

The speed at which so, so many retailers have thrown up fabricated plastic barriers to all manner of checkout / point of sale setups, is rather surprising to me.
Where'd they source the plastic from in such short notice? With shipping & manufacturing being impacted.
How come the plastic barriers are all just the right shape & size for each cash register & so forth?
How come a 'social distancing' photo from Italy, looks just like that of California or just like that of Australia?

The W.H.O. may have been preparing for such a pandemic for years or decades.
Yet the nigh on overnight rollout is what surprises me...

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
Anecdotal comments from L.A. From another forum.

droo :

Mayor Garbagecetti just issued an indefinite lock down. He eased up some restrictions but is making everything curb side pick up. The economy is going to be fucked out here. I am not predicting an end of the world boogaloo scenario, all I know is crime is going to go way up.

Racial tensions are getting pretty bad in LA again. Over the past month blacks have been robbing and attacking mexican street vendors and making viral videos of it. These paisas were just selling masks. The politics get a little complicated for people who don't really know about gang shit out here. Basically the first series of videos came from a black gang, the older guys of that gang stepped up and punished the youngsters with a very mild beating and posted it up online. It kind of cooled things off but then another black gang started doing it again. That gang is notorious for beefing with mexican gangs and gives 2 shits about easing racial tensions. Word on the street is that the Mexican Mafia is about to put out another green light on blacks pretty soon. All the ingredients for a very bloody summer are being thrown in the pressure pot with a cook time of 3 months to indefinite.

I am not worried personally. I'm pretty comfortable of what I have. I just can't help how crazy this year has been so far and how much of a trip it is that were kicking off a new decade like this.
Garbagecetti also ordered mandatory masks. Meaning if you get caught without one you're going to get fined. None of the homeless people have masks, so if the cops enforce it on them its going to make them look bad, so what do you think they are going to do? They are going to go after the non-homeless. Now a cop has a right to stop you without probable cause if you don't have a mask. This shit is getting ridiculous. I can't stand how this is politicized. Most people don't even realize how much power a cop has now. They have so much discretion when it comes to fucking with you, look into the DMV extensions, you can drive around with expired plates and a driver license, but a cop can still fuck with you. The only assurance you have is a statement from the DMV that they notified law enforcement to use discretion. The law straight up says if you drive with an expired license the cops can search your car before a tow. The governor and the mayor slowly chipping away at our 4th amendment rights should alarm everyone, regardless if you are left or right. Even if you are scared as fuck about this virus there is no need to support giving cops this much discretion.

Bizet

Woodpecker