Coronavirus Lounge thread

ball dont lie

Kingfisher
Gold Member
This tweet sums up CV19 for the week, for me (minus the nail polish) #insanity #cv19insanity:

This is why Communism doesn't work. Society is too complex for a group of people, even if they were super geniuses, to come up crazy rules and exceptions for every single thing in the world, item by item. There are way too many specific things to work out, that's what society does together.

The Constitution in the USA has a good set of basic rules to live by, that err on the side of freedom and restrict the power of the government. The rest we can work out for ourselves.

aynrus

Pelican
Oregon considers making slave muzzles permanent:

Aka make them permanent "until no longer necessary", they say some day we can repeal this.

In the meanwhile, Michigan just expanded the mandate to 2 year old kids:

aynrus

Pelican
In the neck of the woods I'm visiting right now the only place to get organic food is Walmart, pretty much. So I went there, there was a huge "masks required" sign in front, and was I greeted by a typical greeter/no harassment - but I noticed that she clicked on screen on a small device that looked like a tablet. May be they're counting maskless customers now?

RomikJan

Robin
In the neck of the woods I'm visiting right now the only place to get organic food is Walmart, pretty much. So I went there, there was a huge "masks required" sign in front, and was I greeted by a typical greeter/no harassment - but I noticed that she clicked on screen on a small device that looked like a tablet. May be they're counting maskless customers now?

They have been doing that all along in my neck of the woods..deep deep Dieperstan. I am not sure what they do on those tablets but they are counting something. All the ones ive noticed here are fat women. They love it , they get to stand there and do nothing all day, and feel like a hero on top of it.

aynrus

Pelican
They have been doing that all along in my neck of the woods..deep deep Dieperstan. I am not sure what they do on those tablets but they are counting something. All the ones ive noticed here are fat women. They love it , they get to stand there and do nothing all day, and feel like a hero on top of it.

I wonder if they're counting capacity, below is what I found but it's from a year ago, you'd think this nonsense would go away by now:

Pretty much all the big box stores near me have been doing that all along. I think some areas just have capacity requirements. Certain chains and towns are more militant than others. But i gravitate towards the mom & pop stores where no such measures are in place.

LeoniusD

Pelican
This cracks me up - difference between the freedom-loving tolerant diverse and all inclusive Belgium and the oppressive dictatorship of Russia:

Land of Freedom and Tolerance of Belgium:

Brutal totalitarian dictatorship:

Never has the Ministry of Truth been so blatant. We are living clearly in 1984 already - well under way to Brave New World.

El Draque

Sparrow
Nice bit of propaganda from our friends at the BBC.

Everyone's happy, everyone's smiling, back to normal guys!

Wouldn't you like to be this? Well all you need is over 80% vaccination take up!

Classic bit of 'carrot' to go with the daily stick.

Masks come off after a year in Israel

acacdf42-f43f-450b-a3b0-1f18189d27ae.jpg

Protective masks outdoors had been made compulsory a year ago for non-exercise activities.

"It's very strange but it's very nice," Eliana Gamulka, 26, tells the AFP news agency after getting off a bus in Jerusalem.
"You can't pretend that you don't know anyone any more," she smiles.

Israel boasts one of the world's fastest inoculation campaigns. But that is in stark contrast to the West Bank and the blockaded Gaza Strip, where infection rates remain high and vaccinations are low.

• 707f0323-4e62-4dc3-a117-15e168833099.jpg

AntoniusofEfa

Kingfisher
This cracks me up - difference between the freedom-loving tolerant diverse and all inclusive Belgium and the oppressive dictatorship of Russia:

Land of Freedom and Tolerance of Belgium:

Brutal totalitarian dictatorship:

Never has the Ministry of Truth been so blatant. We are living clearly in 1984 already - well under way to Brave New World.
Belgium was always a mess.