Coronavirus Lounge thread

MajorStyles

Pelican
I just went to a posh, little suburb where my parents live (very blue state). The last time I was there, around five months ago, about 20% of the people had masks outside. Now, it’s close to 90%. Again, roughly 90% of the people wearing masks OUTSIDE: i.e. walking on the block by themselves.

If you stay away from these blue-pill zones, you forget how bad it is. But then a visit into the cucky enclave reveals that it’s worse than you imagined.

Eusebius Erasmus

Kingfisher
The year is 2060. Most human life has been erased. The few humans who are left are forced to communicate using a Neuralink enhancement to Zoom, which mimics real, physical human interaction.

"Grandpa, can you tell us about the COVID-19 pandemic?"

"It was awful, boy -- the virus had a mortality rate of 0.3 percent."

"Uh, grandpa," said Billy, "how do the scientists know that?"

"They use a PCR test. Provided the cycle threshold never exceeds 25, it's a highly accurate test. The false positive rate was 97%, but it's better than nothing. They also did antibody testing, but I suppose they never considered cell-mediated immunity."

Billy quietly contemplated for a while, puzzled by the big words. It sounded plausible.

"Grandpa," he started, "is it true they locked down the economy?"

"Yes boy, we were following the science."

"Oh so lockdowns are a good way to deal with pandemics?"

"Well..." said the old man, "there's no proof of that, but I guess it makes sense. Our friends lost their businesses and many committed suicide. My friend overdosed on fentanyl after he was laid off. But it was worth it to stop the virus."

"Okay." Billy scratched his head. "Grandpa, what about the vaccines? Is that why you can't move your legs?"

Grandpa didn't answer. HIs Neuralink chip stopped working and he passed away that evening, the last veteran of the Great Pandemic of 2020 to 2025.

Sisyphus

Woodpecker
This is the most exciting thing that's happened to them and it's an excuse for their own failure to launch.

For many people in my generation, staying in your little box all day on the internet seeing no one, having no family or community, just ordering junk online and tweeting your life away is not a major change in lifestyle. Now they can impose that on the world at large and when they're 50, 60, 70 will always have that "excuse" - oh, I was just about to get my sh.t together, and then Trump invented the deadly coronavirus, so I had no choice but to continue on autopilot.
Can anyone explain to me why the majority of people who support these Covid restriction are under 35 or so? It makes no sense because they are significantly less vulnerable yet seem to do it entirely of their own volition. I didn't realize they were so susceptible to MSM propaganda and fear mongering.

I think it goes even deeper than this. Many people in this age group actually prefer the lockdowns and restrictions. Why? So many of them are socially inept, incredibly awkward, autistic, or whatever that socializing with real people in person is really overwhelming for them. They would never admit it, but being with other people is terrifying for them and being stuck at home relieves them of the burden that accompanies actual social interaction.

When they're telling people to "STAY THE F* HOME," it's because that's what they really want to do. They'd be happy if lockdowns lasted for the rest of their lives and the only interaction they had with other humans would be through typing on a screen, or maybe on Zoom if they were feeling especially bold. As long as they don't have to make the choice to be anti-social (and this choice is being made for them by paternalistic masters), it justifies their inadequacy.

Expect these people to rally for quarantines for the healthy and to resist an end to the lockdowns with (virutal) tooth and nail.

MajorStyles

Pelican
Heh.
Don't really care for him, yet Bill Maher engages in a bit o' fat shamin' :

Lol. Yeah, Bill Maher is now on the "based" side. That's the same as Fox rolling out Naomi Wolf (famous aging feminist) for some "real talk" on the loss of our freedoms. The media just moves the pieces around to create confusion and loss of identity.

Yesterday's zero is today's hero...and the absence of history (even short term) turns the commoner into a buffon. The media shell game never ends. I would not be surprised if, in two years, Colin Kaepernick is named the head of the NRA.

One of the best things you can do (if you've not already done so) is to just remove your cable TV.

Joe316

Robin
When they're telling people to "STAY THE F* HOME," it's because that's what they really want to do. They'd be happy if lockdowns lasted for the rest of their lives and the only interaction they had with other humans would be through typing on a screen, or maybe on Zoom if they were feeling especially bold. As long as they don't have to make the choice to be anti-social (and this choice is being made for them by paternalistic masters), it justifies their inadequacy.

Expect these people to rally for quarantines for the healthy and to resist an end to the lockdowns with (virutal) tooth and nail.

But the good thing about this is: That's all virtual. Once you disconnect from the screen yourself, they stop existing. They have literally no power behind their screens.

Joe316

Robin
sadly their screeching influences lawmakers...

These also sit behind screens. Once you get out of the cities, they also have no power. It has been a long time ago, when the king sent out written verdicts sealed with his ring.

Nowadays you're supposed to get your weekly changing covid laws from your screens as well with no way to verify if it's the actual law and not some fake news spread by insane media henchmen.

It's a mental problem caused by evil technology. Disconnect and you're free.

Tippy

Robin
Something else just hit me:

Back when I was reading up on conspiracy stuff I would sometimes take breaks for months because it was becoming too much for me to handle. So I decided to 'forget about it' and focus on improving myself/work etc. That would always work great for a while, because even though you see the world with different eyes, some days you just aren't reminded much when you don't watch TV + hang out with the right people.

So even though I was convinced there was this sinister thing going I knew there was no immediate action I could take. So every now and then it was the most rational choice to distance myself from everything instead of risking to lose my mind. And I really enjoyed those times when I could 'forget about it' with a clear conscience and just do my thing ('be normal').

I don't think I will ever be able to do that again. Seeing how every day some laws may come to pass that infringe upon my physical integrity, my rights as a citizen or change my economic standing.

From now on until the day I die I will wake up in the morning and scour the fringe of the internet for clues about what these snakes are planning next. So I can be at the very least be psychologically prepared.

Maybe every other day, if I'm feeling Zen like. But I don't see a future in which I will ever be able to 'just enjoy life' for more than half a week before I need to sift through pages of misanthropy and disinformation again to make sure I didn't miss any vital information.

I'm the same way. Up until a few weeks ago, I wasn't checking the news at all. Was still going out and doing some social stuff and working on self-improvement. Still living my life. Now I'm just consumed basically all day everyday.

Tippy

Robin
Indeed brother in spirit of mine - only recently you barely had to check on what the ruling psychopaths were doing. All you needed to do is avoid vaccines and crappy ingredients or foods.

Now the entire Agenda 2030 and new agendas have been pushed to hyperbole.

So you now have to be aware of what they are doing and where they are doing. It makes now a big difference whether you live in Russia, in New York or in Texas.

You have to be aware of the new freedom-restricting laws and calculate what they chances are when they are going to open up or restrict. In some 3rd world countries in South America for example they already restricted entry to supermarkets for people without a green app that you get post-vaccine or after a test. You see pictures of grandmothers being barred from entering a shop to buy food. That stuff will hardly ever be implemented in Africa well or it will not be adhered to well in countries like Japan - at least for a while. So if you are a world nomad, then you gotta check the news there.

But even if you are marooned in one area - you cannot just 'do your thing'. They put the green-agenda on steroids as well - so you have to plan ahead and expect for example for energy prices to rise rapidly, expect that there will be more blackouts and brownouts with petrol gettign more restricted in the future. You could even reconsider the installation of solar panels (make sure that the heat insulation is extra good since they burn down often) in order to take part in the cross-financed scam, so that you don't get raped over sky-high-energy bills in 8 years. Then there is the food aspect and the restriction of meat - purchase of big freezers is an option or consider having your own chicken if that is an option for you.

All the things that I knew would be the goal by 2060 - it just started - you can no longer ignore it. Whether you move or try to make it work in your place - that is up to anyone. There are pros and cons to both sides.
Yeah, I have been weighing up those options. To stay or leave. Tough choice.

Enoch

Ostrich
Here is a thought. Maybe the next level of Covid compliance will be be corporate driven "show your pass or wear a mask"

That way your scarlet letter is right on your face hiding your humanity. Besides, you are probably a dirty Trump supporter anyway.

Kentemo

Robin
Gold Member
Is there anyway I can check the data how much people died from other diseases compared to covid?

I am confident that people that have a random disease + covid, they will be labeled as a covid victim.

I want to know how much people died from a list of random diseases, to see if this went down, or if there in fact is a surplus of people dying the last 1.5 years.

Anybody could share me that objective data? I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

“Last week, Marcus told me that she’s baffled by the notion that the best way to get people to wear masks inside is to mandate that everybody wear one when they’re alone outside. ‘We don’t recommend condom use when people are enjoying themselves alone to get them to wear condoms with their sexual partners,’ she said.”

Honk Honk.