Coronavirus Lounge thread

lookslikeit

Woodpecker
So what's going on with India and Brazil? Are they just lying about the death rate there or what?

I don't think so. There has been a massive increase in cases where I live too and I can hear the sirens of ambulances many times everyday. Apparently, the south africa and british variants are the real deal.

Funny thing is that governments put lockdown for the light version and now they are hesitant about lockdowns and it seems we have a serious variant.

rockoman

Woodpecker
Re. India and Brazil and 'lying about the death rate'

India:

typically 27000 deaths per day - normal rate.

Positivity rate (PCR) - about 10%

Definition of 'covid death' = anybody who dies for any reason within 28 days of a positive PCR.

Nobody has to lie about anything.

As long as that definition stands and you have a reasonably high positivity rate, then you get plenty of 'covid deaths', because anybody who dies for any reason within 28 days of a positive PCR is a 'covid death'

Germany is currently producing a couple of hundred 'covid deaths' per day even though all cause mortality is 10% below normal for the time of year, simply because it generates enough positive PCRs.

Summary - the official 'covid death' count is meaningless. Only all-cause mortality counts.

I don't think so. There has been a massive increase in cases where I live too and I can hear the sirens of ambulances many times everyday. Apparently, the south africa and british variants are the real deal.

Funny thing is that governments put lockdown for the light version and now they are hesitant about lockdowns and it seems we have a serious variant.

Increase in counts doesn’t suddenly make it because of a variant. That’s propaganda being spread to increase fear and vaccine compliance and need for future vaccines.

Michigan is apparently increasing Covid rates due to “UK variant” although nothing is any more severe than the previous surges.
Here it’s a vitamin D issue. Everyone is deficient in this state until about May. You won’t hear the media address this. Easy play on the scary variant.

When they're telling people to "STAY THE F* HOME," it's because that's what they really want to do.
On a forum where I was "ventillating" that the lockdowns are evil and we should fight against it (as far as legally possible). There was a guy who has admitted that he likes it and he wants it to last forever. When others told him that he should not ruin everyone else's life for his comfort he answered that he does not care about others but he likes this situation and he wants it to last forever.

I replied him that I acknowledge that at least he is honest. Compared to the others who lie they want to lock us down for our own interest :)

Garuda

Kingfisher
Michigan is apparently increasing Covid rates due to “UK variant” although nothing is any more severe than the previous surges.
Here it’s a vitamin D issue. Everyone is deficient in this state until about May. You won’t hear the media address this. Easy play on the scary variant.
It should also be noted that obese people have even more of an issue as vitamin D is fat soluble.

Tippy

Robin

So doesn't this go against the idea on this forum that it's a big scam?

Need to make sure I'm looking at it from both sides.

We have a more virulent variant here in Brazil, which is more powerful against young people.

Some members think there's no virus, but I guess the majority thinks there's one, albeit not as deadly as those in power paint it to be. I believe the scam to be all the draconian measures they are taking in order to combat the virus, which includes full control over people's lives etc. In order to "save lives" (which they were never worried about before) they are destroying the economy to usher in the Great Reset. Also, survival rate over 99%, barely uptick (or not at all) in mortality is most places.

In other words: there's a virus, but no pandemic.

lookslikeit

Woodpecker

I think anyone can form his own opinions in this forum. I'm not going to freak out because this forum or government said so. I'm also not going to say there is no coronavirus or not a new variant when siren sounds suggests that something suspicious is going on.

You can already see the numbers in India: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/india/
It's very different from the first wave, the numbers are shooting up straight. This is not different from where I live, a straight jump instead of the linear/exponential growth of the first few waves. I don't think the USA (and many other countries are affected).

And I think we are yet to see the real causalities. This started in the last few days (couple weeks). This surge is now filling hospitals and the real death numbers will start when all hospitals are filled (which already happening where I live, both private and public health institutions are exhausting all their capacity really fast).

Grow Bag

Kingfisher
I think anyone can form his own opinions in this forum. I'm not going to freak out because this forum or government said so. I'm also not going to say there is no coronavirus or not a new variant when siren sounds suggests that something suspicious is going on.

You can already see the numbers in India: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/india/
It's very different from the first wave, the numbers are shooting up straight. This is not different from where I live, a straight jump instead of the linear/exponential growth of the first few waves. I don't think the USA (and many other countries are affected).

And I think we are yet to see the real causalities. This started in the last few days (couple weeks). This surge is now filling hospitals and the real death numbers will start when all hospitals are filled (which already happening where I live, both private and public health institutions are exhausting all their capacity really fast).
How are you getting your information and are the numbers related to vaccine uptake?

On a forum where I was "ventillating" that the lockdowns are evil and we should fight against it (as far as legally possible). There was a guy who has admitted that he likes it and he wants it to last forever. When others told him that he should not ruin everyone else's life for his comfort he answered that he does not care about others but he likes this situation and he wants it to last forever.

I replied him that I acknowledge that at least he is honest. Compared to the others who lie they want to lock us down for our own interest :)
Trully a man who needs to get right with god and repent.

AntoniusofEfa

Kingfisher
I've heard that in India a lot of the covid deaths are related with cases of typhoid.
That makes sense.