Coronavirus Lounge thread

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
I received an email from my Congresswoman (Democrat) yesterday encouraging me to get the shot. It linked to a survey in which it asked me if I had gotten the shot yet (no), when I planned on getting it (not at this time), and why I haven't gotten it. It was multiple choice so I clicked on "Concerned about safety of the vaccine" and "other" in which I said in the text box, "I've had Covid already and it was no big deal. Please stop the fascist restrictions on our freedoms."

I know that my name is now in their database as a Covid denier and a resister.

Ken Jebsen, a German red-pilled journalist gave a great talk recently. (link for the Krauts)

He mentioned that constitutional rights were crafted in exactly such way, that they would hold up even during a crisis. Because our forefathers saw trouble on the horizon, they tried to articulate this as clearly as possible - THESE ARE NOT TO BE TOUCHED. These rights being immutable is their most important aspect.

What does our 21th century neanderthal society do during a (perceived) crisis? Get rid of constitutional rights.

It's almost laughably stupid. It's like having an airbag in your car, that turns off the second you are about to be in an accident.

And people just don't see it... I think all of us now truly realize what it means when they say that history repeats itself. Apparently it's THAT easy to get people to submit to an authoritarian regime.
I think we've just become too domesticated. When the dodo didn't had to fly anymore for predators, his wings just grew away over a couple of generations. Exactly same thing happened to us. We don't see the danger anymore. The only danger we see is our own death, for we've lost any spiritual connection to God mosty in the West at least, but the danger of society? We're a democratic society right, something with trias politica right?

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
When is the last time you saw someone on tv speaking this kind of truth? It's not even an allowable discourse today.
And it's just so bizarre to see a leader speaking from a place of truth. The only significant leader I know of today who even attempts to speak truthfully and honestly is Putin. Republicans are just "Dems are the real racists" and Dems are "gay buttsex is our main value."

It's such a shocking breath of fresh air to hear someone speak truth.

Enoch

Ostrich
Saw the young'ns today as I drove past my church (Roman Catholic) and they are making their First Holy Communion.....masked up. Cute little girls and boys with nice white dresses and suits on, receiving a Holy sacrament for the first time, with fucking masks on. I wonder also, will they kneel at the alter after receiving the host for St. George Floyd too???

I was having a great week, until I saw that. My emotions are somewhere between sheer sadness and raw, out of control anger. Fuck this gay fucking earth.
After the onset of Covid-1984 the Catholic Church refused burial rites to members of the Church that had been attending for 40, maybe 50 years, basically devoted their entire lives and 10% of their gross income (funny how the Catholic Church clarified God's position on tithing after the introduction of the income tax).

They closed their churches when people were in fear and needed the services of a ministry. Put a fork in Vatican Catholicism. NEXT.

AntoniusofEfa

Kingfisher
After the onset of Covid-1984 the Catholic Church refused burial rites to members of the Church that had been attending for 40, maybe 50 years, basically devoted their entire lives and 10% of their gross income (funny how the Catholic Church clarified God's position on tithing after the introduction of the income tax).

They closed their churches when people were in fear and needed the services of a ministry. Put a fork in Vatican Catholicism. NEXT.
Here in Germany we have high ranking members of the Catholic Church covering up each other's crimes. It's all just so disgusting. That South Park episode was not so far from reality.

Peacock
Gold Member
When is the last time you saw someone on tv speaking this kind of truth? It's not even an allowable discourse today.
And it's just so bizarre to see a leader speaking from a place of truth. The only significant leader I know of today who even attempts to speak truthfully and honestly is Putin. Republicans are just "Dems are the real racists" and Dems are "gay buttsex is our main value."

The funniest part of that interview is Myron Leon Wallik (aka Mike Wallace), head of the biggest news show on TV, feigning outraged indignation at the thought that Jews might be a tad biased in their reporting...

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
The funniest part of that interview is Myron Leon Wallik (aka Mike Wallace), head of the biggest news show on TV, feigning outraged indignation at the thought that Jews might be a tad biased in their reporting...
Slightly off topic here, but (((Mike Wallace))) was far more honest in his subversiveness than modern tribe members. He would have on a variety of thoughtful voices, and at the very least his guests were bringing views you would never see on mainstream media today.

Aldous Huxley interviewed:
"Overorganization: As technology becomes more and more complicated it becomes necessary to have more and more elaborate organization, more heirarchical organization... The advance of technology has been accompanied by advance in the heirarchy of organization...You have more and more people living their lives their lives out subordinate through these heirarchical systems controlled by bureucracy, the bureaucracy of big business and the bureaucracy of big government."

Are there methods of communication with diminish our freedoms?
"Certainly devices can be used in this way.... Terror on the one hand with... propaganda."

Then he talks about the dangers of technology on society and how television is being used to distract all the people all the time (in 1958!)
"It's created a one pointed running in of a single point all the time."

What might life be like in a Brave New World?
"Dictatorship of the future will be much unlike dictatorships we have seen in the past..." 1984 was written after the Stalin regime and the Hitler regime, and featured physical violence. In the future, dictators will use drugs to pacify. You will be made to actually love your slavery In some ways people will be happy under the new regime.

but muh Democracy:
all that is needed is money and a candidate that can be coached to look sincere. Political campaigns are irrelevant.
The advertising managers of the campaign manages the candidate as if he were toothpaste. People with appealable personality are not necessarily good leaders. We will be persuaded to vote for people without realizing we are being persuaded.

Why do you attack muh advertising?
What does a democracy depend on? The individual voter making an intelligent and rational choice. What marketers do is bypass the rational side of man and appeal directly to unconscious forces below the surface and making nonsense of the democratic process.

How is the pervasiveness of advertising and marketing akin to a dictatorship?
Children are very susceptible to these messages. There is a danger of consolidation of power of corporations. Whereas in the past, wars were fought, and the plebes were cannon fodder, today children are television and radio fodder.

but muh communists bad
The application of propaganda in communist nations may be more physically brutal but it is no less pervasive or effective in the western democratic corporate model.

but muh constitution
What are the British and American Constitutions if not devices for limiting power (LOL not anymore)

but muh centralized federal power
When an electorate is small, the voter does not feel alienated. One can break up the units, as Jefferson suggested, to create a real self governing democracy. Decentralization is a political and economic benefit.

But why we need freedom anyway?
Initiative, creativity, and all the things we value are impossible without a large measure of freedom.

but muh russians!
Russian society is a priviliged society, which allows the productive class a considerable amount of freedom, and even money.

"I still believe in democracy... we can benefit the people on the top as well as the bottom".... ehhh.. worth trying but appears to have failed.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
Ez7PTWOVIAAbUaV

This is what will lead to a Christian revival.