Coronavirus Lounge thread

Zagor

Woodpecker
403c58d2dc67e0c2.jpeg
Or me listening to media here celebrating the success of vaccines and how things in UK are finally getting back to normal, thinking well they still have more restrictions in place than we here in Croatia without vaccination.

Waiting to cross the road tonight after work, and two women were standing at the crossing with me, one middle aged and one late 20's/early 30's-both were wearing masks.

I’m in a college town. Girls in their low 20s consistently walking around together outside in masks.

I’ll saw a couple walking together. Girl was maskless. Guy in a mask. Imagine being that dude.

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Just caught up on this thread...
Going to check out the gym tomorrow, to see if it's possible to go in and train without being bothered by members of the Covid Militant; fingers crossed on that one.
That reminds me of a funny incident in the early days of this at the gym where I failed to disinfect the bench after use and a fellow gym goer went absolutely bananas. I did not laugh at the time as not to trigger a slightly dangerous character further.
My personal prediction is that some 'deadly variant' arrives in winter. Apparently it is more deadly but it is spread more by the non-vaccinated.
Will take my risks..
Better Bachelor had a video that came on my autoplay (no disrespect to him, but I just generally don't watch such things) where he read an article by a 37 year old woman who was complaining that COVID had ruined her plans to have a child. She was, I repeat, 37 (or so, don't remember), didn't even have a boyfriend or anything, had clearly just spent her life powerpointing her way into a grrrlboss middle manager position and was now trying to be a buzzer beater and had found her perfect excuse - no, I didn't fail to make a family, COVID ruined it for me. I was totally just about to meet someone and get pregnant at 37, but then......
This is an important reminder to me, maybe to many forum readers to find that extra bit of gas in the tank and not let your goals get away because of this. I can almost see myself looking back and saying "...well I failed to achieve x because of covid" At the moment I am telling myself that I have been delayed in achieving x and trying not to let it get away. Definitely some businesses will close, some dreams will die (be murdered) but we have to try not to succomb.
Ken Jebsen, a German red-pilled journalist gave a great talk recently.
I added the „tagesdosis“ to my podcast app. These German red pill podcasts are very few and far between. The only one I really knew of was Krautzone so will listen soon and see if I like it..

gravitas

Pigeon
India Covid crisis, REAL OR FAKE, you decide.

India were having great success with Ivermectin – given early from a diagnosis it avoided a huge number of hospitalizations – but it was banned when they started the Jab roll out.

Hahahhhahahaaha....

I honestly don't know where to start.
Media is just 100% a marketing block for the elite now. It was probably 95%, now it's full on 100%. If you die, well that's good because you probably saved someone else's life. Oh and these lovely lockdowns, wasn't it so peaceful? No social pressures to live up to anymore aye? Aren't we missing already those lovely lockdown times? It's really astonishing to see, even for someone who is aware of what's going on is just - well let's say - impressed by how deep the control goes. It's quite something to have the full information field propagating, advocating and marketing your deadly, evil and lying message.

Last edited:

droughtmeat

Woodpecker
Media is just 100% a marketing block for the elite now. It was probably 95%, now it's full on 100%. If you die, well that's good because you probably saved someone else's life. Oh and these lovely lockdowns, wasn't it so peaceful? No social pressures to live up to anymore aye? Aren't we missing already those lovely lockdown times? It's really astonishing to see, even for someone who is aware of what's going on is just - well let's say - impressed by how deep the control goes. It's quite something to have the full information field propagating, advocating and marketing your deadly, evil and lying message.
Thats an interesting point and something I considered last year too. Many people, especially in western countries, are unemployed due to covid, but are receiving special benefits "until things get back to normal". I doubt that many of them truly want to work again. I imagine that many people have generally gotten used to the comfort of Netflix, not being overburdened with opportunities regarding what to do, where to travel to etc.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
My mother has mid stage alzheimers and as a family, while we were divided, she doesn't yet have the vaccine.

An 80 year old aunt who is part of basically what is an old ladies coffee club my mom used to go to daily, and then weekly when things were open gave me a call today. The conversation went something like this:

Aunt: " Your Mother doesn't have the vaccine"
Me: No she doesn't
Aunt: Your mother should get the vaccine
Me: Well as a family we have decided that she isn't getting it.
Aunt: The ladies in the coffee club have all gotten the vaccine, and are getting our 2nd doses soon. After that we will have coffee club again, but won't be able to invite your mother.
Me: Oh well that's unfortunate, It's too bad this is so divisive.
Aunt: It's not divisive, it's just that everyone needs to get the shot and the ladies aren't really feeling safe with your mother there.
Me: I thought the vaccine would make them feel safe and that it protects from corona virus, so my mother wouldn't be endangering anyone I wouldn't think.
Aunt: well there is still a chance we could get it
Me: Well I suppose that is true, but it must be less than last summer when we were open and you were all having coffee together when unvaccinated. Also, the Canadian government hasn't actually seen the test data, and the tests were only on healthy people, people with my mothers' condition were not tested.
Aunt: This is science, you can't really argue with the science.
Me: Well coffee shops aren't open yet anyway so it's really not something to worry about.
And so on, I told her thanks for letting us know and good luck.

People who do not get the vaccine will be shunned by those who do. People who get the vaccine will spend time with those who also get the vaccine. Simple as that. I know these are a bunch of old ladies, but the logic switch once vaccinated is quite something to see. Especially when some of them do skirt the rules where they can.

Last edited:
Thats an interesting point and something I considered last year too. Many people, especially in western countries, are unemployed due to covid, but are receiving special benefits "until things get back to normal". I doubt that many of them truly want to work again. I imagine that many people have generally gotten used to the comfort of Netflix, not being overburdened with opportunities regarding what to do, where to travel to etc.

A guy I play volleyball with has been on unemployment for a year. More than he made actually working. He does nothing now otherwise. Never finished college. I feel like he’s part of the universal basic income experiment.

He’s also declining the vax so far, but as more restrictions are placed on him with his limited means to survive he will eventually end up a part of the system.

Kentemo

Robin
Gold Member
Me: I thought the vaccine would make them feel safe and that it protects from corona virus, so my mother wouldn't be endangering anyone I wouldn't think.
Me: Well I suppose that is true, but it must be less than last summer when we were open and you were all having coffee together when unvaccinated. Also, the Canadian government hasn't actually seen the test data, and the tests were only on healthy people, people with my mothers' condition were not tested.

I don't get that at all.

I really hope this will not happen, but when infections rise again after summer, this division will only get bigger and bigger.
And there will only be one group to blame. Everyone can guess what group that is.

EvanWilson

Kingfisher
Gold Member
My mother has mid stage alzheimers and as a family, while we were divided, she doesn't yet have the vaccine.

An 80 year old aunt who is part of basically what is an old ladies coffee club my mom used to go to daily, and then weekly when things were open gave me a call today. The conversation went something like this:

Aunt: " Your Mother doesn't have the vaccine"
Me: No she doesn't
Aunt: Your mother should get the vaccine
Me: Well as a family we have decided that she isn't getting it.
Aunt: The ladies in the coffee club have all gotten the vaccine, and are getting our 2nd doses soon. After that we will have coffee club again, but won't be able to invite your mother.
Me: Oh well that's unfortunate, It's too bad this is so divisive.
Aunt: It's not divisive, it's just that everyone needs to get the shot and the ladies aren't really feeling safe with your mother there.
Aunt: This is science, you can't really argue with the science.
Me: Well coffee shops aren't open yet anyway so it's really not something to worry about.
And so on, I told her thanks for letting us know and good luck.

People who do not get the vaccine will be shunned by those who do. People who get the vaccine will spend time with those who also get the vaccine. Simple as that. I know these are a bunch of old ladies, but the logic switch once vaccinated is quite something to see. Especially when some of them do skirt the rules where they can.
Just out of curiosity, if you talk with any of them again, ask them if they are aware that all of the vaccines were approved on an emergency basis?
Apparently, a number of people that are all happy about getting the vaccines are unaware that the approvals were all emergency because there was not enough time to do proper Phase III trials.
As a follow up, ask them if they plan to get the booster shots in 6 to 12 months. Pizer CEO already stated in CNBC that booster shots would be needed. (Note: I am NOT surprised by this at all, since what we are calling the Covid 'vaccine' seems more like the annual flu shot. While technically it does meet the definition of a vaccine, just like the annual flu shot, people generally do not speak of it as a vaccine since it is only useful for one flu season since the flu changes every year; hence people talk about the annual shot for the flu, as the 'flu shot' and not the 'flu vaccine.'

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
The vaccine/no vaccine argument isn’t just a test of logic...it’s a test of self-esteem. People that are fully confident in their person don’t feel the need to morally preen about their vaccine status...they don’t need external validation.

The idiots proudly displaying their vaccine status on social media hate themselves. Best to avoid these people.

We're not even talking about 'normal' vaccines. Rather quack-cines.

Ergo. One can not actually be "anti-vaxx" from the outset... :sneaky:

kel

Ostrich
This is an important reminder to me, maybe to many forum readers to find that extra bit of gas in the tank and not let your goals get away because of this. I can almost see myself looking back and saying "...well I failed to achieve x because of covid" At the moment I am telling myself that I have been delayed in achieving x and trying not to let it get away. Definitely some businesses will close, some dreams will die (be murdered) but we have to try not to succomb.
It sounds like an cursive writing on public domain background inspirational quote, but it's true that every crisis is also an opportunity for those who are willing to get creative. People who were able and pivoted quickly to, for example, start offering delivery from their store had a first mover advantage that the slower or less lucky didn't. I don't know exactly how it always manifests, I'm trying to figure it out for myself as well (my life wasn't turned all that upside down by this, though), but it's something to always keep in mind. I'd like for this forum to be a source of brainstorming stuff like that. Whatever comes up, we ask ourselves and each other "how can someone motivated and perhaps with a little coincidental hookup take advantage of [new low in depressing clownworld situation] to get their situation together better".