Coronavirus Lounge thread

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
- to a stealing, corrupt class, not productive class.
Huxley was speaking of the musicians, athletes, scientists and intellectuals, not the political class. They were given considerable resources and even money, as a contrast to the western system of equality and market pricing.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
Hey that reminds me, didn't a bunch of tractors take over the old Kodak film company and somehow release a Kodak vaccine or something? I swear I wouldn't make up something that bizarre.....

Yeah here we go. The top medical minds of the Kodak camera company survived bankruptcy long enough to create this:

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Just out of curiosity, if you talk with any of them again, ask them if they are aware that all of the vaccines were approved on an emergency basis?
Apparently, a number of people that are all happy about getting the vaccines are unaware that the approvals were all emergency because there was not enough time to do proper Phase III trials.
As a follow up, ask them if they plan to get the booster shots in 6 to 12 months. Pizer CEO already stated in CNBC that booster shots would be needed. (Note: I am NOT surprised by this at all, since what we are calling the Covid 'vaccine' seems more like the annual flu shot. While technically it does meet the definition of a vaccine, just like the annual flu shot, people generally do not speak of it as a vaccine since it is only useful for one flu season since the flu changes every year; hence people talk about the annual shot for the flu, as the 'flu shot' and not the 'flu vaccine.'

I agree with you on all points, but I don't think that facts matter. These people have made up their minds. To me, the most shocking thing was how they will exclude on the basis of the vax. They don't believe in choice even, or perhaps better said are struck with fear.

My hope is that this was a bit of a power play to try to encourage my mother to get the vax, which they view as the right thing to do. Still, I take it as a sign to move on.

aynrus

Pelican
Huxley was speaking of the musicians, athletes, scientists and intellectuals, not the political class. They were given considerable resources and even money, as a contrast to the western system of equality and market pricing.
They were SLAVES in Communist Russia.
This guy....he should have been sent to USSR, to some camp, to learn what happened to many "musicians/artists/scientists". Doubt he had any understanding of what was happening inside USSR, that's the only excuse to what he said.
Any more tales about Western system being inferior and Communist Russia so good....it's like reading Pravda all over again, and I did read Pravda.

Last edited:

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
They were SLAVES in Communist Russia.
This guy....he should have been sent to USSR, to some camp, to learn what happened to many "musicians/artists/scientists". Doubt he had any understanding of what was happening inside USSR, that's the only excuse to what he said.
Any more tales about Western system being inferior and Communist Russia so good....it's like reading Pravda all over again, and I did read Pravda.

You're still reading it.

MtnMan

Woodpecker
This video appeared as an add on a youtube video I was watching. I was appalled by this horrific propaganda from the health commissioner of my horrifically liberal state of Vermont.

-The way he brags about not seeing his granddaughter since she was 5 months old, yet this jackass does press conferences in a room full of people every single day.

-Telling young people they think they are invincible.....well jackass, they ARE basically invincible from this BS.

-He talks about science like he is talking about God, because, well...he is.

-He says "everyone in VT helped us have the lowest rates in the country allowing us to have a spring and summer last year" No jackass they did not. The majority of the blue collar people have been working without masks.

What a disgusting and pathetic person. I cannot imagine who can watch this and not see this is pure propaganda. Of course, most of my fellow Vermonters will see this is an uplifting video from their "priest".

AntoniusofEfa

Kingfisher
This video appeared as an add on a youtube video I was watching. I was appalled by this horrific propaganda from the health commissioner of my horrifically liberal state of Vermont.

-The way he brags about not seeing his granddaughter since she was 5 months old, yet this jackass does press conferences in a room full of people every single day.

-Telling young people they think they are invincible.....well jackass, they ARE basically invincible from this BS.

-He talks about science like he is talking about God, because, well...he is.

-He says "everyone in VT helped us have the lowest rates in the country allowing us to have a spring and summer last year" No jackass they did not. The majority of the blue collar people have been working without masks.

What a disgusting and pathetic person. I cannot imagine who can watch this and not see this is pure propaganda. Of course, most of my fellow Vermonters will see this is an uplifting video from their "priest".

Are you planning to move out soon?

MtnMan

Woodpecker
Are you planning to move out soon?
No, no plans to do so. I have recently built a new home on my gorgeous property, my parents actually moved here down the road from me to be close to my daughter and my wifes family is here. The temptation to move is there for sure, but it doesnt seem like the best move. I should have left 10 years ago when I started to realized how brainwashed much of the populace is.

AntoniusofEfa

Kingfisher
No, no plans to do so. I have recently built a new home on my gorgeous property, my parents actually moved here down the road from me to be close to my daughter and my wifes family is here. The temptation to move is there for sure, but it doesnt seem like the best move. I should have left 10 years ago when I started to realized how brainwashed much of the populace is.
Or you can sell, cash out while you still can, and move to a place where you have rights. I hope that you realize that the US is going full on communist, and people like you (with your gorgeous property) are a prime target. Just see what happens to white landowners in South Africa.

I can't find the vid, but that UK guy theorizing that what's going down in India is covid 21, and it'll likely hit the UK/west in July...

How could they pull off a high summer surge/lockdown?

Are people in the UK that stupid now?

No doubt C-21 is on it's way, but surely the narrative will build in fall?

Or maybe they just want to maximise the trauma and people are now dumb enough to buy anything.

Thoughts?

LeoniusD

Pelican
A guy I play volleyball with has been on unemployment for a year. More than he made actually working. He does nothing now otherwise. Never finished college. I feel like he’s part of the universal basic income experiment.

He’s also declining the vax so far, but as more restrictions are placed on him with his limited means to survive he will eventually end up a part of the system.
It is 100% leading to UBI.

In the TV show The Expanse you see a future where 50% of the earth population is on an UBI that allows you to just eat, sleep and watch Netflix. You literally cannot do anything, thus are a total slave - you cannot travel, you cannot do anything expensive, you cannot do much aside stay at home and eat.

For now some countries offered higher financial support that allowed them live better than working a dead-end job. But the final solution won't look that way. The system will adjust the price-level to the common lowest denominator - the UBI. Plus we know that things like electricity or even waste disposal will cost much more than today.

Being in Michigan, I've become so angry with this Whitmer dictatorship we are under. And now this "Vacc to Normal" stuff sort of put me over the edge. I try to ignore it, but it's difficult. My friends out of state in normal areas like TN and TX think I'm losing my mind.

Then I thought, do I ever care about going back to normal? Normal to these clown is a life of consumerism, bars, debauchery, mindless tasks to fill the day. If anything, you would think the State would want to do anything they can to get back to normal asap as this creates the most slavery for them. Mental slavery. Slavery to vices. A disgusting clown world.

This morning I had a revelation. Over the past year, I've become closer to God than ever. I've moved from a secular life into being fully confirmed into a church. I've grown closer than ever to my fiance. I've understood the world more. What really could be better than the times we are in now? The opportunity to evangelize is ripe. I see so many people suffering. What better way to evangelize and save souls than to relate this suffering to the suffering of Christ on the cross and death for our sins.

So, forget normal. These are great times we are in. And it's happening for a reason.

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
I can't find the vid, but that UK guy theorizing that what's going down in India is covid 21, and it'll likely hit the UK/west in July...

How could they pull off a high summer surge/lockdown?

Are people in the UK that stupid now?

No doubt C-21 is on it's way, but surely the narrative will build in fall?

Or maybe they just want to maximise the trauma and people are now dumb enough to buy anything.

Thoughts?

Push/pull. They knew (not the politicians) that keeping people under lockdowns as the sun came out in the UK once millions of people were vaccinated was a bad idea. It would be impractical and lead to riots. It would go against the long term plan and spook too many normies who follow this like a movie.

You cannot tell the country "once most of you are vaxxed we will open up" and do the opposite.

I am guessing they are giving us 3-4 months of freedom and then more lockdowns. This will help them push more powers and vaccines.

Remember, they do not want to give up their new powers willingly.

FrancisK

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Being in Michigan, I've become so angry with this Whitmer dictatorship we are under. And now this "Vacc to Normal" stuff sort of put me over the edge. I try to ignore it, but it's difficult. My friends out of state in normal areas like TN and TX think I'm losing my mind.

Then I thought, do I ever care about going back to normal? Normal to these clown is a life of consumerism, bars, debauchery, mindless tasks to fill the day. If anything, you would think the State would want to do anything they can to get back to normal asap as this creates the most slavery for them. Mental slavery. Slavery to vices. A disgusting clown world.

This morning I had a revelation. Over the past year, I've become closer to God than ever. I've moved from a secular life into being fully confirmed into a church. I've grown closer than ever to my fiance. I've understood the world more. What really could be better than the times we are in now? The opportunity to evangelize is ripe. I see so many people suffering. What better way to evangelize and save souls than to relate this suffering to the suffering of Christ on the cross and death for our sins.

So, forget normal. These are great times we are in. And it's happening for a reason.

Also in Michigan and you’ve completely echoed many of my feelings about it, sounds like we’ve had a very similar experience.