Coronavirus Lounge thread

Tactician

Kingfisher
Gold Member
There were a fair amount of team apocalypse guys in here last year around this time. I wonder if they will ever admit they were wrong.
:laugh: Yeah man, this was me. I still laugh about this. Back in January-April 2020 I was in apocalypse mode. I bought ton of raw Vitamin C, had a friend ship me N95 masks to go with my tyvek suit, stocked up on food & water, & flipped my sleep hours to daytime in case anyone tried to rob my house at night.

There were vids of Chinese people flopping around on the ground or being welded into their apartments. Trucks spraying aerosol everywhere. Everyday that stupid Johns Hopkins covid map had more & more red dots. The biggest worry was that "normies" in the West didn't seem to care until the stock market plunged & all the toilet paper was out of stock. Italy looked like it was done. Red dots spreading everywhere. Global civil unrest would start any minute. You bat eating zombie-engineering bastards, we should have just nuked Wuhan DAMN IT!

692bec3252201ece4839bd4feabd3a4c.jpg

And then nothing happened. :laugh:

Probably around April - May, most of us on the RVF flipped from "the world is ending" to "yo, this is gay." I think Enhanced Eddie probably did the biggest flip as the dude went from straight up relocating to a quiet village to starting the White Pill thread & calling corona the biggest scam. Props to him, zero sunk-cost fallacy there. Likewise, I will happily admit to being totally wrong about soyrona.

Meanwhile, a year later, plenty of cats are still scared, making a show of their masks, & clamoring for quackcines. Not sure what's up with that. Forget watching the news. Just keep it simple. If there's no plague doctor yelling "bring out your dead," then there's no pandemic. I just go in the Open Ocean. The original, "second wave."

p.s. the Vitamin C is useful though. Glad to have bought that.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
There were a fair amount of team apocalypse guys in here last year around this time. I wonder if they will ever admit they were wrong.

A lot of them did about the rona stuff at least, guys turned around on it and flat out said “this is garbage I was wrong”. Can’t say that for the Q stuff though, they just stopped talking in the thread after stringing guys along for months with supposed inside information….

DenizenJane

Woodpecker
:laugh: Yeah man, this was me. I still laugh about this. Back in January-April 2020 I was in apocalypse mode. I bought ton of raw Vitamin C, had a friend ship me N95 masks to go with my tyvek suit, stocked up on food & water, & flipped my sleep hours to daytime in case anyone tried to rob my house at night.

Honesty like this is very, very rare.

Tactician

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Most of us goofed on corona, so it's no biggie. Pretty much only Simeon_Strangelight was calling it a hoax from day one.

In a way, I'm happy the forum leaned towards overreacting. It shows a concern for survival in the face of an unknown threat. If an actual calamity occurs, a lot of us will make moves to stay safe.

Meanwhile, I'm just happy I stopped at N95 & didn't go full gas-mask :laugh:

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
Im going respectfully disagree. While Simeon was undoubtedly the most vocal and unequivocal there were several OG members , myself and Scorpion among others that called BS right out of the gate.

i did not post much in March 2020 as i went into full immersion research mode but my first “this is a hoax” post was on April 16 2020. By then I felt i understood the biochemical dynamics to know that the key to effective treatment was early viral load amelioration . And that has since been more than confirmed repeatedly

But i will however fully admit that I completely underestimated how far and how long the scam would go. I fully expected it to play itself out by May 2020. Im still dumbfounded and simultaneously disgusted and even in awe of the power of a coordinated MSM to exert will to power on the entire world.

its been both fascinating and frightening

Edit: Not that I believe this over unfortunately. I dont know whats on the other side or whats next but we are in the eye of the storm and something wicked this way cometh

Last edited:

Tactician

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Nice. We're on the same page, just that SS went the hardest so he stood out to me the most.

On my end, I'm stumped by the insistence of the majority to trust the 'vaccines,' either without doing any research, or just skimming some approved content to feel smart about it. They're determined to take the jab no matter what & will disregard anything that critiques their worldview. It has a Yuri Bezmenov, "you could show them the gulags & they would still not believe you" feel to it. This ties in to the 24/7 media blitz you mention. Surreal.

BoiBoi

Pelican
As somebody already mentioned on here, even people who are aware of the experimental nature of the vaccines and the associated, inherent risks, end up taking them despite not even fearing the virus itself.
A few of my coworkers have done so and these are guys who are not complete lemmings. I really don't understand. Especially given that at the moment, the pressure to take it is not yet super high. You can basically still participate in society in most places.

I’m traveling now in northeast Georgia. Phenomenal area. Rarely any masks at all until you get to the more touristy areas (likely coming from Atlanta). And strangely enough it’s been mostly children. I have seen on multiple occasions where the parents aren’t wearing masks and then children from age of about 4-13 have a mask on. Saw one group of probably 6 with no masks and the younger girl with one plastered to her face, walking outdoors. I’m having trouble keeping my mouth shut about what the heck they are thinking. It’s so sad, sickening and moronic.

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
I’m traveling now in northeast Georgia. Phenomenal area. Rarely any masks at all until you get to the more touristy areas (likely coming from Atlanta). And strangely enough it’s been mostly children. I have seen on multiple occasions where the parents aren’t wearing masks and then children from age of about 4-13 have a mask on. Saw one group of probably 6 with no masks and the younger girl with one plastered to her face, walking outdoors. I’m having trouble keeping my mouth shut about what the heck they are thinking. It’s so sad, sickening and moronic.

Child abuse.

Never forget.

They're rubbing it in now (no pun intended).

Last edited: