Coronavirus Lounge thread

Where can I find a source for the claim: “99%+ of people infected with Covid-19 survive”? (This is for personal understanding)

Also what is meant by “lounge thread” as in “Coronavirus Lounge thread”. Lmao...

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Where can I find a source for the claim: “99%+ of people infected with Covid-19 survive”? (This is for personal understanding)

Also what is meant by “lounge thread” as in “Coronavirus Lounge thread”. Lmao...

An internet search can probably facilitate the former.

For the latter. I take it as a thread for general Plan-demic nonsense.

Stupid news, memes, anecdotes. Content that may otherwise clutter more serious threads.

Cuchulainn2016

Woodpecker
Okay, because of my trick memory, i can remember seeing the top guy on Naked Attraction (season 1 episode 1). if my memory is right, he has an amputated leg, which makes his history playing bomb victims reasonable.

Took very little detective work to find a picture-

5690394.jpg
5690394.jpg
5690394.jpg

looks the same to me.

droughtmeat

Woodpecker
Can anyone confirm this pingdemic thing is real? I wasnt sure whether to post this here on in the great reset thread cause it is related to food shortages.

TL;DR apparently there is an app in the UK that informs people that they have come in contact with someone who tested positive. The app then tracks them and tells them quarantine at home. This is happening to a lot of workers in the food sector which means that supermarkets arent getting their supplies.

PINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER

Army on standby as 20% of Britain’s food workers hit by Pingdemic self-isolation & ‘half of deliveries DELAYED’​

• Nick Gutteridge
  • 8:49, 23 Jul 2021
  • Updated: 9:46, 23 Jul 2021
THE ARMY is on standby to step in and help secure the nation's food supplies if the Pingdemic worsens, a Cabinet minister said today.
Environment secretary George Eustice revealed up to 20% of workers in the sector have now been forced into self-isolation.
Supermarket shelves have started to run bare
Supermarket shelves have started to run bareCredit: Lee Thomas (C) 2021
The army has already been called in to help with vaccinations
The army has already been called in to help with vaccinationsCredit: PA

Last night the Government scrambled to exempt 10,000 employees from strict quarantine rules to stop supermarkets running bare.
The move came amid warnings the country could be set to face its worst food shortages in 75 years with half of deliveries being delayed.
MPs have even called for troops to be deployed and tasked with vital roles like shipping goods and stocking shelves.
Mr Eustice said there are no "plans at the moment to use the military" but that "they're always on standby".

He said: "We always have that option to call on the contingency the MoD always has in place for situations, but we don't need that at the moment."
The senior cabinet minister said 10,000 food sector workers at over 500 key sites will now be exempted from self-isolation rules.
They include critical parts of the supply chain like supermarket depots, large bakeries, and dairy companies but not stores themselves.
It comes as...

Under the new rules employees at the named workplaces can be automatically excused from having to quarantine.
They will be able to take daily tests instead of being sent home.
Mr Eustice said the scope of those covered has been kept narrow because the country needs to get new infections under control.
He said: "We've been working closely with the food industry, both the manufacturers and the retailers, over the last week or so.

"Monitoring the situation closely, looking at indices such as late deliveries to individual stores and absence levels.
"The industry had some concerns at the end of last week, but we've been keeping it under close review.
"What's clear is that early this week those absence levels got to 15%, in some cases 20%.
"And that's why we decided to act swiftly to make sure that the food supply chain can continue to function normally."

We are at crisis point
'Chicken King' Ranjit Singh Boparan
Mr Eustice defended the Government's response to the crisis, despite food companies warning of the risk of shortages for several days.
He said: "It was really during the course of yesterday, having had further discussions with them, seeing that absence rates had increased to a level that was starting to concern us, and that it was likely now to continue to increase a bit further.
"It was that that decided the situation and we acted swiftly. We're never going to take risks with our food supply and that's why we acted in the way we have."
The announcement comes with some industry figures warning Britain is facing "most serious food shortages that this country has seen in over 75 years".

"Chicken King" Ranjit Singh Boparan, who owns the 2 Sisters Food Group, said firms are now at "crisis point".
He said: "No-one could possibly have predicted that this toxic cocktail would come together at this time.
"It started with the pandemic – and in the last week or so with Pingdemic, but since May this year the operating environment has deteriorated so profoundly I can see no other outcome than major food shortages in the UK.
"Supply of chicken and turkey is under threat. Our retail partners and the wider supply chain have worked together closer than ever before to ensure we retain food supply and this is of huge credit to everyone. But we are at crisis point."

Shortages threat​

Phil Langslow, trading director at Cheshire-based county milk products, added: "We had a long standing lorry driver shortage that’s been exacerbated by Covid. Service providers have said they cannot cope.
"Roughly half of deliveries expected to be done are not and we’re scrambling to get this done. It renders some business unviable.
"We were already struggling on the back of Brexit. It meant a lot of farmers kept within the confines of the UK.
He added: "There’s nothing more important than food. The centre of government policy should be the provision of safe affordable food.

"We’ve taken a fairly strict view that if you don’t feel well don’t come to work.
"What has been affected is distribution. If you cannot get food to the market you’ve got a problem."
Fresh fruit and veg shelves are among the products that have been harder hit.
Nigel Jenny, the boss of the Fresh Produce Consortium told The Sun fresh produce is more susceptible to disruption.

"Given the nature of fresh produce, it’s highly perishable, so there’s a very short supply chain susceptible to disruption and that can have an impact quickly."
"There’s a shortfall of staff of between 10% and 25% across the fresh produce industry, ranging from harvesting crops to production lines where goods are packaged."
The chaos has already hit petrol stations and supermarkets with some branches closing as disruption to supply chains causes a shortages to fuel and products.

Byzantaur

Chicken
Can anyone confirm this pingdemic thing is real? I wasnt sure whether to post this here on in the great reset thread cause it is related to food shortages.

TL;DR apparently there is an app in the UK that informs people that they have come in contact with someone who tested positive. The app then tracks them and tells them quarantine at home. This is happening to a lot of workers in the food sector which means that supermarkets arent getting their supplies.

Yes, this is happening (England here), I know many people who bought into this shit and have the app, they keep getting texted to stay and home for 1-2 days, sometimes longer, so of course they do it. But lots of staff don't even have the app, I feel as though it could also be a front to cover up supply chain collapse/manufactured food shortages.

Cuchulainn2016

Woodpecker
Just been refused service without a mask in a UK high street bank. Unacceptable. Don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I was shocked
Just ask for their full name as you intend to sue them for discrimination under the Disability Act as you have an unseen neuro-divergent disability and its illegal to discriminate against you based on that disability.

Its also illegal for them to question you or ask for any details about your disability.

Birderguy

Chicken
Just ask for their full name as you intend to sue them for discrimination under the Disability Act as you have an unseen neuro-divergent disability and its illegal to discriminate against you based on that disability.

Its also illegal for them to question you or ask for any details about your disability.
Thank you. Appreciate the very helpful response. Wasn't sure what to say except I didn't think I needed to wear one (notice on door just asked people to still keep 2m apart). Not sure how they check photo ID with mask on anyway!

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I saw a quote that is insightful into current affairs

The comparison between totalitarianism and psychosis is not incidental. Delusional thinking inevitably creeps into every form of tyranny and despotism. Evil powers from the archaic past return. An automatic compulsion to go on to self destruction develop, to justify one mistake with a new one; to enlarge and expand the vicious pathological circle becomes the dominating end of life. This delusion starts with the leaders and is later taken over by the masses they oppress.

Joost Meerlo

Has anyone come across people with covid experiencing a sort of recalibration of their sense of taste and smell? More than just a simple loss of those senses. I believe it is known as anosmia/parosmia.

My sister has this now and it is specifically affecting her when consuming meat. Meat, in particular is now revolting to her. Both the taste and smell. I’ll add that my sister is highly suspicious of the whole covid narrative and firmly against the jab as well.

She has joined a Facebook group of people suffering the same condition, over 30k of them, and she says the most common complaint is about losing a taste for meat.

The fact that it is putting people off meat, in perfect alignment with Bill Gates’s clear desire to stop people from consuming animal products and toward plant/insect/fake meat, had us both wondering if there could be some connection that is more than coincidental.

aynrus

Pelican
Has anyone come across people with covid experiencing a sort of recalibration of their sense of taste and smell? More than just a simple loss of those senses. I believe it is known as anosmia/parosmia.

My sister has this now and it is specifically affecting her when consuming meat. Meat, in particular is now revolting to her. Both the taste and smell. I’ll add that my sister is highly suspicious of the whole covid narrative and firmly against the jab as well.

She has joined a Facebook group of people suffering the same condition, over 30k of them, and she says the most common complaint is about losing a taste for meat.

The fact that it is putting people off meat, in perfect alignment with Bill Gates’s clear desire to stop people from consuming animal products and toward plant/insect/fake meat, had us both wondering if there could be some connection that is more than coincidental.
Might be onto something...by the way, in the Eastern US there's tick-borne disease of unknown origin that makes people allergic to meat (Alpha-gal allergy). It's not clear how this disease appeared and began to be spread by ticks. Earlier, another tick-borne disease, Lyme/borreliosis was found in coastal Connecticut and spread pretty much everywhere by now: it was first detected across from Plum Island that has military biomedical research lab on it. Of course Lyme disease - Plum Island connection is labeled as conspiracy theory.

Nordwand

Kingfisher
Awoke feeling more tired than when I went to bed, and didn't feel up to driving, so I abandoned plans to go to a couple of places that I thought might be full on with mask wearing. Instead I went into town as normal, and made a point of visiting two small businesses owned by friends, that I haven't been to since the mask mandate ended. Both of them had ditched the masks themselves, but the customers were another matter. Not a single person entered either premises without a mask, apart from one young woman. In one shop there was some hand gel near the door, which everyone used- one young couple applied it both on entering and on leaving.

Maybe it's just me, and I'm not a happy person at present - close on a year and a half of wearing a mask at work has damn near killed me - but it didn't feel like summer today.