Coronavirus Lounge thread

Simple Man

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I spent time in a city a couple of weeks ago for the first time in almost a year. Every single business requires you to check in. I did not check in once, anywhere. Of the roughly 20 stores I would have entered - I was met with resistance I believe 3 times. The rest of the time the staff did not seem to care at all.
My fiancee's tactic is to point her phone at the QR thing, fiddle around on her phone for 20 seconds, and walk through. They don't ever ask to see the tick of approval. My tactic is to simply walk out if I am asked to scan my phone.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
For now the system is primitive...that is until they develop some kind of interoperable centralized back-end database with all of your information that they can cross reference your QR code against. If your code doesn't match with a valid entry in the database, you get black van'd. That doesn't prevent stealing other peoples codes and using them, however. The point is that technology can always evolve in new and increasingly violating ways, the only way forward is utter rejection and non compliance. Circumventing the system is not good enough, as it's designed to rape your personal sovereignty and humanity while increasing centralized power.

Once it gets to Orwellian / dystopian levels of surveillance.

There'd be no point in trying to remain in among the failed society.

I say that knowing full well it's not far off.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
8dcce354227670d6.png

The QR code nonsense has been in play here in Australia for many months.
However.
As I've said many times :

"Any human system is only viable as the minimum wage schmuck behind the console."

As such, such systems are very easy to circumvent.
Understand a system; then you'll be able to exploit the flaws inherent in said system.

The minimum wage staff at supermarkets don't have the time nor the inclination to absolutely verify that you've checked in correctly.
Rather, they are simply tasked to check your stupid phone & expect to see a 'big green tick'.
Emphasis expect.

So, once one appears to be going through the motions & shows a mere screenshot of the big green tick instead.
You're let into the supermarket without any hassle or drama; even though you haven't gone through the 'proper' procedure.
Cause the staff expected to see a 'big green tick' & you readily showed them one.
It just happened to be a big green tick of a different sort.
One which doesn't have any associated digital tracking involved (other than general stupid phone location triangulation*).

Plus, if the location does become listed as a 'covid infection / hotspot' site. You're in the clear as the Clowns never knew you were there.

Then in addition.
As the staff become more & more bored & tired of the tedium of checking peoples stupid phones.
They become less diligent; to the point where they barely even pay attention to the 'big green tick'. Screen-shot or otherwise.

Granted in some ways it is even more silly & tedious to pretend to 'check in' with a QR code & instead, simply show the staff a screen-shot of 'the big green tick'. Yet that's where we're at with Clown world...

*You do have 'location services' turned off on your stupid phone correct? Correct...?
Brilliant!

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Hey guys I didn't even know what a QR code was until this insanity hit. I still actually don't! Never used it once, I just walk in.

But maybe being 6'3 @ 110kg (245 pounds) helps?

Edit: just stop pretending even. All you do is give this madness some validity, I know it's hard but just do not obey.

I understand that sentiment.
In regards to not complying with stupidity.

Yet the stupidity is there regardless.
All the while, I'm not inclined to waste my time on a proverbial Karen who's bought into the Covid Cult.

Especially if it's in regards to a five to ten minute trip to the local grocer / supermarket.

I'm not inclined to say it's tactically beneficial to waste five minutes arguing with a NPC Drone or a security guard, when I only intended to go in the store for five minutes to begin with.

Let alone any small chance of police being involved or being blacklisted from the store outright.

Cause I may not go to that store on very rare occasion. I may go there four to five times per week.
So I can definitely say, I'm not inclined to have four to five arguments per week with a Covid Cult Caren.

I'm not abiding by the QR code digital tracking.
By not "checking in" I don't run the risk of being labelled as a "close contact" & don't have to quarantine in any capacity.
I get to flaunt the flaws in 'Their' system.

I could go that extra step by not showing anything at all.
However, I can also save my energy & time for grander & more important matters.

Now if it's a venue where they don't check at all.
Then of course I don't ever bother to do anything other than walk right on in.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Voxday :

Shut ‘Em Down

The Jacksonville air traffic controllers walk over the vaccine mandate:
Jacksonville Center ATC controllers walked out last night over the vaccine mandate. Shut the whole thing down. Total disaster for us and other airlines. Total news blackout, be sure you spread the word.
650 flights canceled so far. Our operation is still unraveling.
The pilots haven’t started to fight yet. That’s coming.
Meanwhile, in the media:
  • JUST IN: Airports across Florida are experiencing delays due to bad weather conditions.
  • Due to a combination of severe weather, active military training in the airspace, and unexpected limited staff at the Jacksonville facility that handles high-altitude, en route traffic, the FAA took steps to safely manage air traffic the evening of Oct. 8. Normal operations returned at approximately 10 p.m.
Regardless, it is confirmed that there were 10,028 worldwide flight delays and 2,428 cancellations yesterday. The normal daily number of the latter is 329. And check out the Jacksonville weather report for October 8th. No precipitation, 72 degrees, 5.1 MPH wind. What sort of “severe weather” is that?

UPDATE: Yeah, it’s totally the weather. The so-called “news” is literally worse than worseless these days.

Southwest has cancelled more than 1,800 flights over the weekend so far. The Dallas-based airline blamed the disruptions on air traffic control issues in Florida and bad weather. Southwest Airlines canceled more than 1,000 flights, 27% of its schedule, on Sunday as disruptions that the airline blamed on air traffic control issues and bad weather affected the travel plans of thousands of customers.
DISCUSS ON SG

Felix88

Kingfisher
Good news in Vietnam! My city just ended the draconian lockdown the day before yesterday, even though they said you have to have proof of vaccination or recovered from the coof to go around freely but no one cares or enforce it. Our local government stated that nearly 100% of the population have taken the shots which is an outright lie because there are not enough poison to pass around so they don't bother to check and they want keep their chair. Communist greed and incompetence come in handy some times.