Coronavirus Lounge thread

kingtufti

Sparrow
Can anyone connect these dots?

2020 - Lukashenko (Belarus) refuses $3bn from IMF, declares the cure for coof is to "drink vodka" - no measures...

2021 - Luka accepts $1bn from IMF, vaccine ads pop up all over the city - $500 fines for not wearing a mask on public transport.

Just thinking today... I'm not sure I blame him.

2020... he rejects the bribe, keeps everything open, stands strong and protects his country from the cabal... thanks? 100,000 normies on the streets chanting for him to resign.

2021... takes the money. See how they like it now.

Denam8487

Pigeon
I was just thinking how much i miss the 90's and early 2000's. We didn't realize how good we had it, i didn't even carry an ID on me when leaving the house back then.
There was no smartphones, facebook, QR code, medical apartheid, no social distancing and untill the mid/late 90's most people didn't even have a mobile phone...remember those times?
People actually looked at each others faces, talked, smiled.....now everybody is masked up with their eyes glued to their smartphones like zombies, the state is poisoning people, terrorizing the unvaxxed population and most people are completely fine with that.
The good old days of real freedom are never comming back, all this latest technology is really a curse. And most people have truely gone full retard.
I hope future generations learn from these insane times and one day will take their freedoms back, punish the tyrants and look back at these times as a time of mass psychosis that must never happen again.

For me, it’s a double edged sword. While I definitely miss the 90s (especially summer 1996 which I consider the high point of the decade), I wasn’t very close to God.

I’m Catholic and I grew up under the two best popes post V2 during a time when the Church wasn’t a pedo punchline in the mainstream...and I didn’t appreciate any of it.

It took the dark times of the late teens and early 20s, the worst post V2 pope and endless public scandal for me to renew my faith and prioritize the salvation of my family’s souls.

So I’ll always appreciate what the world I grew up in was, I also appreciate that God gave us this cross for all of us to carry. The good thing about places like the RVF is we can act as Simon of Cyrene and help each other out.

Nordwand

Kingfisher
Browsing a job agency's website today, and found something local that I liked the sound of. Clicked on the link to check the description and required qualifications. Getting a bigger and bigger smile on my face as I scrolled down, and got right to the end of the text. Then, separate from the main body, two lines mentioning the requirement to have had two Covid vaccinations.

GuitarVH

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
My company is going backwards. We were back to normal for a while. Then they brought back the masks. Now they are putting social distancing stickers back on the ground and taking away half the chairs in the break rooms.

We are on our feet for 12 hours a day and now half the staff has to sit on the floor during breaks. We aren't allowed outside during shifts so you can't even go to your car to sit down during lunch.

They constantly text employees telling them to take the jab, so I have no doubt they will start enforcing the mandate soon. They are already so desperate for workers that they have raised starting pay by $10 an hour and offer $3000 signing bonuses for unskilled labor jobs. We were also told the we are shifting to mandatory 60 hour a week schedules to keep up with demand.

This is a major distribution center for a large company. Expect empty shelves come Christmas time.

Your company is treating the employees like prisoners. Intermittent reward system, aka things were better during the summer but now they are returning to being more stringent and arbitrary. Not being allowed to go to your car all day, sounds illegal for them to make such a rule, not as if legalities matter in a totalitarian system. They are engaged in psychological warfare against the employees which is not surprising since the management are psychotic psychopaths. It's all very inhumane and demonic. Sorry to hear that you're being subjected to this. This stringency will likely happen at many other companies this fall and winter.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
I was just thinking how much i miss the 90's and early 2000's. We didn't realize how good we had it, i didn't even carry an ID on me when leaving the house back then.
There was no smartphones, facebook, QR code, medical apartheid, no social distancing and untill the mid/late 90's most people didn't even have a mobile phone...remember those times?
People actually looked at each others faces, talked, smiled.....now everybody is masked up with their eyes glued to their smartphones like zombies, the state is poisoning people, terrorizing the unvaxxed population and most people are completely fine with that.
The good old days of real freedom are never comming back, all this latest technology is really a curse. And most people have truely gone full retard.
I hope future generations learn from these insane times and one day will take their freedoms back, punish the tyrants and look back at these times as a time of mass psychosis that must never happen again.
This is a deception. Abortion, feminism, secularism already ravaged the culture by this point. Depopulation agenda was accelerating; divorce rates high and birth rates low. You're pointing out social benefits and comforts, but were there spiritual advantages in the 90s compared to now? If you're Orthodox, there are more churches, more monasteries, more written works in English (a lot more) now than that time. It's a huge temptation to look in the past and think it was better when only looking at your comfort or material benefits. But chances are, you were spiritually dead in the 90s as was I, so why would you want to go back to that? Rid your mind of all notions of the past. A corpse in fine clothes, surrounded by thin, smiling people is still a corpse.

MRAll134

Pelican
This is a deception. Abortion, feminism, secularism already ravaged the culture by this point. Depopulation agenda was accelerating; divorce rates high and birth rates low. You're pointing out social benefits and comforts, but were there spiritual advantages in the 90s compared to now? If you're Orthodox, there are more churches, more monasteries, more written works in English (a lot more) now than that time. It's a huge temptation to look in the past and think it was better when only looking at your comfort or material benefits. But chances are, you were spiritually dead in the 90s as was I, so why would you want to go back to that? Rid your mind of all notions of the past. A corpse in fine clothes, surrounded by thin, smiling people is still a corpse.
It is actually a bias. I thought it was called a nostalgia bias. But, it is actually labelled "Rosy retrospection." The definition:

Rosy retrospection refers to the psychological phenomenon of people sometimes judging the past disproportionately more positively than they judge the present. The Romans occasionally referred to this phenomenon with the Latin phrase "memoria praeteritorum bonorum", which translates into English roughly as "the past is always well remembered".[1] Rosy retrospection is very closely related to the concept of nostalgia.

WhiteWolf

Woodpecker
My comfort levels and material benefits now are higher than in the 90's. It's not comfort that i miss, it's the fact that society in the 90's was a lot more sane compared to now.
Sure there was already loads of madness in the 90's... but i was not being spied on 24/7, i had free movement, less gay propaganda, less political correctness, no mnra vaccines, less "refugees", less crime, ...i can go on and on...people were just less crazy than now... I know that thinking about better days of the past is useless and bad for my mental state, so i do it as little as possible and try to live in the now, but sometimes i cant help it, i'm only human.

But i am a european so maybe the 90's were different in the US.
I do agree that it's great that nowadays you can get so much free information regarding spirituality with just the click of a mouse button, thats about the only benefit i can think of that these present times have to offer.

Last edited:

MRAll134

Pelican
A good article on the relationship between CV19 news intake and mental health. TLDR, the more you avoid the news, the better off you are. After 19-20 months of CV19 news, I am taking a break from the news - as much as possible:

News avoidance during the COVID-19 pandemic is associated with better mental well-being
A series of two longitudinal studies published in Digital Journalism revealed that while online and offline news consumption increased during the first few months of the COVID-19 pandemic, so did news avoidance – including news about the pandemic.

The researchers explored two theories. Uncertainty reduction theory would argue that in times of crisis, people attempt to reduce their uncertainty and negative emotions by seeking information in an attempt to learn more about the presenting issue; consulting news media would likely be the first course of action. Media dependency theory would suggest that in complex societies, people heavily rely on mass media over interpersonal relationships when searching for information – which may be particularly likely during times of societal lockdown. However, with an oversaturation of news outlets in the media landscape, people may opt for alternative channels to stay informed and tune out of mass media.

A total of 2,257 participants were recruited from the Netherlands, a country that adopted more lenient COVID-19 policies at the beginning of the pandemic, and where trust in news was relatively high in 2020.

Kiki de Bruin and colleagues conducted the two studies in multiple waves, asking participants the same questions relating to news consumption habits and mental health at each time point. Among other questions, participants were asked to report whether they took breaks from COVID-19 news once in a while, the extent to which COVID-19 news had a negative impact on their mental health, their frequency of news consumption since the pandemic began, and their general well-being (e.g., overall nervousness, peacefulness).

The results were consistent with the uncertainty reduction and media dependency theories. At the start of the pandemic, news consumption increased for most participants. Complimenting this increase, participants also turned to a greater variety of news sources. However, after the first few months of the pandemic, news avoidance began to increase. Younger adults were more likely to avoid the news. Feeling emotionally charged, losing trust in news media, feeling overloaded and a need to ignore the news greatly contributed to news avoidance.

While people’s general mental well-being did not influence their news consumption habits, those who engaged in more news avoidance had slightly better general mental health. Participants who did not avoid the news experienced greater declines in mental well-being.

The authors note a few limitations. First, the study provides a snapshot of April to June 2020, and thus, cannot speak to how news behavior evolved as the pandemic developed. Second, the study only focused on the Netherlands. While the researchers observed news behavior trends comparable to that of the United Kingdom, they note these findings may not extend to all countries. Lastly, number of deaths and preventive measures greatly varied between countries, which could potentially influence the news consumption behavior of a given national population.

The study, “News Avoidance during the Covid-19 Crisis: Understanding Information Overload”, was authored by Kiki de Bruin, Yael de Haan, Rens Vliegenthart, Sanne Kruikemeier and Mark Bouke.

Source: https://www.psypost.org/2021/10/new...ssociated-with-better-mental-well-being-61968

RedLagoon

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
Browsing a job agency's website today, and found something local that I liked the sound of. Clicked on the link to check the description and required qualifications. Getting a bigger and bigger smile on my face as I scrolled down, and got right to the end of the text. Then, separate from the main body, two lines mentioning the requirement to have had two Covid vaccinations.
Are you new to the new world?

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
My comfort levels and material benefits now are higher than in the 90's. It's not comfort that i miss, it's the fact that society in the 90's was a lot more sane compared to now.
Sure there was already loads of madness in the 90's... but i was not being spied on 24/7, i had free movement, less gay propaganda, less political correctness, no mnra vaccines, less "refugees", less crime, ...i can go on and on...people were just less crazy than now... I know that thinking about better days of the past is useless and bad for my mental state, so i do it as little as possible and try to live in the now, but sometimes i cant help it, i'm only human.

But i am a european so maybe the 90's were different in the US.
I do agree that it's great that nowadays you can get so much free information regarding spirituality with just the click of a mouse button, thats about the only benefit i can think of that these present times have to offer.
Not a single thing you mentioned has to do with the spiritual. You present yourself on the forum as a hyper-materialist, who aches solely for benefits from this world. This is a Christian forum. Do you follow Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior? Do you understand how much suffering your soul is going through because of your attachment to the world and its benefits? Glory days of material bliss will never be reached. You will never be "happy" like in your imagined past. Without God, you will be ground to dust before your death, and no feelings of nostalgia, no free movement or lack of government spying will help you.

I noticed in your profile that you declare yourself a Buddhist. I suspect this is the root of your specific problem, not anything to do with the times, the present versus the past.

WhiteWolf

Woodpecker
Not a single thing you mentioned has to do with the spiritual. You present yourself on the forum as a hyper-materialist, who aches solely for benefits from this world. This is a Christian forum. Do you follow Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior? Do you understand how much suffering your soul is going through because of your attachment to the world and its benefits? Glory days of material bliss will never be reached. You will never be "happy" like in your imagined past. Without God, you will be ground to dust before your death, and no feelings of nostalgia, no free movement or lack of government spying will help you.

I noticed in your profile that you declare yourself a Buddhist. I suspect this is the root of your specific problem, not anything to do with the times, the present versus the past.
I dont present myself as anything. I believe in god and the spiritual world, i'm just not very religious because i dont believe humans have the ability to understand what god is untill after they die and i believe that as long as you are nice to people around you and dont do evil things, you will be good with god.
The reason i am on this forum is because there are a lot of smart people here which who'm i like to discuss this covid hoax and this one of the few places i can say things without being banned or told i'm a crazy conspiracy theorist.
But if i'm not welcome here because i dont go to church and i dont discuss religion, then i'll stop posting. No problem.

One more thing, i come from an orthodox family, i've been baptized in the orthodox church when i was baby and i live in an orthodox country, so i've met a lot more orthodox people than you. What i noticed is that people that are born in orthodox are not judgemental, unlike some converts like you. I'm not a materialist or whatever you think i am, and i've never been called these things by born and practicing orthodox people in real life. You can ban me now if you want. Cheers.

Last edited:

MRAll134

Pelican
But if i'm not welcome here because i dont go to church and i dont discuss religion, then i'll stop posting. No problem.
He did not say to "stop posting." You don't need to self-sabotage here.

Christians believe we are in a spiritual war, so solutions come from our subservience to Him, not through the material e.g. comforts. I am sure Roosh still wants you on the board. But, it would be better if you could see the world through a Christian, or at least a more spiritual lens.

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird

There was so much more positivity then, people were so much more grounded even though many of the seeds of the oligarchs had already been sown.

Your point is true, just the fact that there were no cell phones or social media. I truly think that technology was indeed a monkey wrench into everything. I remember in 98 I spent my summers working out on the farm, my evenings lifting weights and playing baseball. A bunch of us one night climbed the fence to a village pool and went for a swim. All kinds of simple things like that.

Technology seperates us, I do think that Corona offers an "unplugged" life for those who reject it. I suppose it is really on us to leave our phones at home. Who knows, it could catch on even amongst normies once the surveillance gets even more amped up.

Also, related to another post- always capitalize God. I think that is a basic respect when writing on a Christian Forum.

WhiteWolf

Woodpecker
He did not say to "stop posting." You don't need to self-sabotage here.

Christians believe we are in a spiritual war, so solutions come from our subservience to Him, not through the material e.g. comforts. I am sure Roosh still wants you on the board. But, it would be better if you could see the world through a Christian, or at least a more spiritual lens.
Fair enough...but i dont understand why i am being accused of being hyper materialistic and seeking the comforts of the 90's... and i dont like being preached to. The only possessions i owned in the 90's were some clothes and a few music records...my life was much less comfortable back then, than it is today.
Not that i live a very materialistic lifestyle nowadays, i live in a small one bedroom apartment and i drive a hyundai elantra. I just sometimes miss the basic rights and freedoms i had back in the 90's.

And i dont talk about religion because i am not qualified to do so, but i believe in god and i do view this as a spiritual war. But i see many vaccinated christains that support the tyranny, and there are many non-religious or non-christian people who are fighting very hard against the tyranny.
So for me it's more a war of the evil satanic elites and their collaborators, against the awaken freedom loving people that dont want to be enslaved war, rather than a christians vs the enemy sort of war.