Coronavirus Lounge thread

Padouk

Kingfisher
Non-Christian
Man, they are really starting to push for mandatory vaccination for EVERYONE in Germany.

In the past I thought it to be mostly a bartering tactic, meaning they present some people holding extreme views so that the current measures don't seem so draconian. But now they are giving a lot of well-known people the platform to make the idea palatable, really trying to rally the support from the general public.

That is quite worrysome, because I really thought it would NEVER come to that in Germany, because a majority is still too based to go along with it. And you really do need public support to push something like that. But if they power up their brainwashing mashines to over 9000 for a long enough period, they might convince the people of the need for a general mandate just like they convinced them there was a pandemic in the first place.

Also they are trying to make it as hard as possible to work anywhere as an unvaccinated person.

I really wasn't too worried about anything during the last months, but these recent developments are having me second guess my laissez-faire strategy. Having faith is one thing, but I'm sure God wouldn't want us sitting around the campfire singing songs while a storm is brewing, if we could use the time building shelter.

Maybe it's time to look into joining a mostly self-sufficient community or something.

The whole of winter and spring till June/July will be like that. Best tactic is to hunker down and roll with the punches. By the summer of 2022 the sheer amount of side effects will make it impossible to hide it any longer and they will back down a bit.

No long term planning is possible at this point. So just arm yourself with patience and make sure you keep a fit and healthy body to avoid bouts of depression.

droughtmeat

Kingfisher
Catholic
Man, they are really starting to push for mandatory vaccination for EVERYONE in Germany.

In the past I thought it to be mostly a bartering tactic, meaning they present some people holding extreme views so that the current measures don't seem so draconian. But now they are giving a lot of well-known people the platform to make the idea palatable, really trying to rally the support from the general public.

That is quite worrysome, because I really thought it would NEVER come to that in Germany, because a majority is still too based to go along with it. And you really do need public support to push something like that. But if they power up their brainwashing mashines to over 9000 for a long enough period, they might convince the people of the need for a general mandate just like they convinced them there was a pandemic in the first place.

Also they are trying to make it as hard as possible to work anywhere as an unvaccinated person.

I really wasn't too worried about anything during the last months, but these recent developments are having me second guess my laissez-faire strategy. Having faith is one thing, but I'm sure God wouldn't want us sitting around the campfire singing songs while a storm is brewing, if we could use the time building shelter.

Maybe it's time to look into joining a mostly self-sufficient community or something.
Yes, there is also talk of the police bringing the unvaxxed straight to vaccination docs. Germany is definitely one of the EU countries that could pull that off pretty easily, because the vast majority of citizens are registered in their apartments and they make sure to keep that information updated. But I'm pretty sure there would be some kind of period to either join another community or leave the country.

r3d

Woodpecker
Protestant
Most retarded country in the world by a long distance.

I was always curious how they would bring about this supposed slave society, because I imagined people would miss their freedoms and rebel. But when you raise them like that... you really have the perfect humanoid robot servant, because he/she cannot miss anything he/she never had in the first place. What a nightmare.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
This whole normalizing of wearing a permanent facemask is one of the most disturbing things for me during this situation.

FESeeHsXoAAt_sl

La Águila Negra

Ostrich
Protestant
I was always curious how they would bring about this supposed slave society, because I imagined people would miss their freedoms and rebel. But when you raise them like that... you really have the perfect humanoid robot servant, because he/she cannot miss anything he/she never had in the first place. What a nightmare.
Filipinos are a slaverace par excellence

Anyone that has ever dealt with them knows what I am talking about. It's so bad that I in fact prefer low IQ and rather violent Africans or unruly Arabs over them

At least they have a will, opinion, character and spine of themselves

La Águila Negra

Ostrich
Protestant

And not even then will the circus stop. Gibraltar, 100 percent vaccinated, 40 percent boostered

Really makes you think about the flavors of alt-narratives. If this vaccine passport was about a Digital ID and the run up to totalitarian digitally enhanced surveillance state then why the need to keep injecting?

Really makes you think about the flavors of alt-narratives. If this vaccine passport was about a Digital ID and the run up to totalitarian digitally enhanced surveillance state then why the need to keep injecting?

It is starting to look like they are panicking. Their policy has been a failure. It's clear now that more vaccination means more corona infections. Rather than pull back, they are doubling down.

They have created a disaster and now they're going for broke.

Dilated

Woodpecker
Other Christian
It is starting to look like they are panicking. Their policy has been a failure. It's clear now that more vaccination means more corona infections. Rather than pull back, they are doubling down.

They have created a disaster and now they're going for broke.

It’s extremely hard for most people to acknowledge they were wrong and change course for very small, innocuous things. COVID is the greatest lie ever told. Zero chance they (‘leaders’) change course. They literally can’t at this point.

Padouk

Kingfisher
Non-Christian
Clown world weekly round up!
Let's save Xmas (... or rather let's ruin it)!

Portugal’s prime minister Antonio Costa has said that authorities in one of the world’s most vaccinated nations may bring back some measures to stop the spread of Covid in the run-up to the holiday season!

Costa told reporters on the sidelines of an event in central Portugal: We must try to act now so we can reach the Christmas period with less fear. The later we act, the greater the risks.

--------------

Berlin is considering requiring negative tests AND proof of vaccination from next week.

Berlin’s mayor Michael Mueller called on city officials to check vaccine passports rather than issue parking tickets.
It isn’t a matter of illegal parking but human lives,” he was quoted as saying in the Berliner Zeitung daily.

Munich became the first major German city to cancel its upcoming Christmas market, which usually draws 3 million visitors, blaming the “dramatic” coronavirus resurgence, AFP reports.

Eyes are now turning to cities such as Cologne, Stuttgart, Nuremberg and Dresden, which are in the midst of preparing their own popular Christmas markets.

Several smaller markets have already been cancelled across Germany, but so far many organisers have said they plan to go ahead.

------------------

Ireland ordered nightclubs to close at midnight (the opening time)!

------------------

Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed Scotland’s Covid passport scheme could be extended to cinemas, theatres and bars next week, if that helped avoid a harsher lockdown closer to Christmas.

--------------------

Cyprus offers Covid vaccine boosters to younger people. Since then, authorities have pushed the age limit down regularly.
But the majority of people eligible for a third dose have not come forward. Xmax on the cards!

--------------

The UK's PM Bojo J said: Get your booster or Xmas is cancelled!

---------------

JP Morgan’s billionaire chief executive Jamie Dimon was allowed to skip Hong Kong’s strict 21-day hotel quarantine rules because he runs “a very huge bank” with “key business in Hong Kong”, the territory’s chief executive, Carrie Lam, said on Tuesday.

SeekingTruth

Kingfisher
Catholic

Flu rips through University of Michigan, bringing CDC to campus to investigate spread​

And so it begins...

People who get flu vaccines help to protect those around them, including people who are more vulnerable to serious flu illness, like infants and young children, older people and those with certain chronic health conditions.

Last year, there was little to no flu activity. This year, health officials are concerned about the possibility of a "twindemic," as both coronavirus and flu could surge.

gat

Robin
Protestant
No long term planning is possible at this point. So just arm yourself with patience and make sure you keep a fit and healthy body to avoid bouts of depression.
I disagree on the long term planning part here.

Even when it becomes obvious to everyone these jabs are dangerous, there is no rescuing our institutions that bought into and grew the lie. They are complex broken insitutions full of lazy (or corrupt) red-tape loving people.

In software it is easier (and almost always better) to start with a new simple system rather than try to fix the old complex system. You patch the old system to keep it hobbling along until you can roll out the new system.

We should be making long term plans to build those new systems - our new institutions. It is the right thing to do as men - for our progeny - but it also happens to be a large opportunity.

There are opportunities in finance, education, and many other industries to completely replace 100 year old (or more) institutions. We should make use of such opportunities.

Padouk

Kingfisher
Non-Christian
I disagree on the long term planning part here.

Even when it becomes obvious to everyone these jabs are dangerous, there is no rescuing our institutions that bought into and grew the lie. They are complex broken insitutions full of lazy (or corrupt) red-tape loving people.

In software it is easier (and almost always better) to start with a new simple system rather than try to fix the old complex system. You patch the old system to keep it hobbling along until you can roll out the new system.

We should be making long term plans to build those new systems - our new institutions. It is the right thing to do as men - for our progeny - but it also happens to be a large opportunity.

There are opportunities in finance, education, and many other industries to completely replace 100 year old (or more) institutions. We should make use of such opportunities.

By "we", I suppose you mean people who oppose the jab and the policies associated with it? Well good luck with that as we are a rather shrinking minority.

For the rest ...

What I've learned from decades of studying the human nature is that it is very hard for sick people to pull themselves out of the vicious circle of their condition because every illness is usually accompanied by a certain level of (hidden) depression and very often (obvious) aggression. It is the drowning man dragging everyone else down with them.

So unless a miracle occurs (or we all become Amish), I don't see how we can "build back better" (lol) with an ever shrinking population of sane and healthy individuals.

Hope, I'm wrong ...

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian
By "we", I suppose you mean people who oppose the jab and the policies associated with it? Well good luck with that as we are a rather shrinking minority.

For the rest ...

What I've learned from decades of studying the human nature is that it is very hard for sick people to pull themselves out of the vicious circle of their condition because every illness is usually accompanied by a certain level of (hidden) depression and very often (obvious) aggression. It is the drowning man dragging everyone else down with them.

So unless a miracle occurs (or we all become Amish), I don't see how we can "build back better" (lol) with an ever shrinking population of sane and healthy individuals.

Hope, I'm wrong ...
We don't have to become Amish, but we can form similar communities. One idea is for a group of like-minded people to buy a large plot of land and then subdivide it into family sized plots and create a town. This can be done on a local level. This has been done many times in many nations. A group in South Africa created a town, Orania, based on their values (and race). I dislike racial segregation, but I do see the need for forming a community with basic values (but hopefully without the snobby and idiotic rules many planned communities have).

The community can be a few miles away from a small city because it will not be 100% independent. People can work and shop in the small city (which means they will need to deal with some garbage), but they can live and go to church, socialize, and send their kids to schools in a sane community. The school, social, club, and church can be a simple structure until money can be raised for better structures as the community grows.

Inside South Africa's whites-only town of Orania

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Most retarded country in the world by a long distance.

I don't see how this is better than keeping the kids at home. Abraham Lincoln was mostly self-taught and he was likely more intelligent than 99.99% of modern people (despite most modern people having access to the internet, huge libraries, and tons of documentaries about a vast range of subjects from experts).

The point is to instill a love of learning in a kid and provide resources for them to improve themselves. Lincoln's stepmother instilled the love of reading and then Lincoln read on his own without being forced to by some crabby teacher. The same can be done with these kids in The Philippines.