Coronavirus Lounge thread

PolishCalifornian

Robin
Catholic
Filipinos are a slaverace par excellence

Anyone that has ever dealt with them knows what I am talking about. It's so bad that I in fact prefer low IQ and rather violent Africans or unruly Arabs over them

At least they have a will, opinion, character and spine of themselves
This hasn't been my experience, the Filipinos I've dealt with have all be humble, hard-working Catholics who live their faith as best as they can. While I'd rather see an immigration moratorium, I'd sooner take more Filipinos in the US than Mexicans, Chinese, Africans, Muslims, etc. The slavishness in this video is characteristic of many Asians, there are similar scenes in China. Violent Africans and unruly Arabs are the last types of people you'd want around, especially if their will, opinions, character and spine are anti-Christian and anti-white.

Padouk

Kingfisher
Non-Christian
We don't have to become Amish, but we can form similar communities. One idea is for a group of like-minded people to buy a large plot of land and then subdivide it into family sized plots and create a town. This can be done on a local level. This has been done many times in many nations. A group in South Africa created a town, Orania, based on their values (and race). I dislike racial segregation, but I do see the need for forming a community with basic values (but hopefully without the snobby and idiotic rules many planned communities have).

The community can be a few miles away from a small city because it will not be 100% independent. People can work and shop in the small city (which means they will need to deal with some garbage), but they can live and go to church, socialize, and send their kids to schools in a sane community. The school, social, club, and church can be a simple structure until money can be raised for better structures as the community grows.

Inside South Africa's whites-only town of Orania

Many communities like that have been formed and failed. I have had a keen interest in this subject for years. I knew about Orania for over 10 years if not more. I have studied the Amish for even longer.

There are some common features about those independent communities that actually survive.

One, they are formed strictly by groups of people from the same cultural background. Two, they are usually quite traditional and conservative with a strong set of social rules. Orania has a screening committee which decides who gets in. The Amish very rarely admit any outsiders. Orania residents are asked to be nominally Christian as well as fluent in Afrikaans. Same with the Amish. Three, these communities have to rely minimally on resources and technologies which could make them dependent on the outside world.

One cannot start today such a community without quickly being accused of racial and cultural discrimination from outsiders and quite likely from its members too. i wish it was possible but it is becoming increasingly very difficult to impossible. Orania started in 1991 and the Amish many years ago.

Last edited:

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
I just looked at that Twitter account. I'm about 98% sure it's a parody, satire account. It is brutal though.
She reminds me of Titania McGrath.

D4w9LxBWwAATztT.jpg

Sword

Sparrow
So I might have just had it, or something very serious. I had a light cough/runny nose/sore throat for about a week, started dosing hard on vit c, then it loosely went away, worked hard on saturaday building a deck, and sunday I was LAID UP. It was the sudden and sickest I have been in years (and I normally resist everything). It did not seem much respiratory, but my muscles were absolutely rigid, locked, and it hurt so bad to move, the few times I did, I was crawling on the floor.

I was taking a bunch of C, some D, A, Magnesium, also read how selenium and NAC help, started taking those along with echinea and elderberry. After a day I was 50% better, and 2 days in about 80% better. It was the kind of thing that would hospitalize someone, but I knew they couldnt (or wouldnt) do anything for me there.

So if it hits you, follow this ^ and you'll be in decent shape.

GuitarVH

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
So I might have just had it, or something very serious. I had a light cough/runny nose/sore throat for about a week, started dosing hard on vit c, then it loosely went away, worked hard on saturaday building a deck, and sunday I was LAID UP. It was the sudden and sickest I have been in years (and I normally resist everything). It did not seem much respiratory, but my muscles were absolutely rigid, locked, and it hurt so bad to move, the few times I did, I was crawling on the floor.

I was taking a bunch of C, some D, A, Magnesium, also read how selenium and NAC help, started taking those along with echinea and elderberry. After a day I was 50% better, and 2 days in about 80% better. It was the kind of thing that would hospitalize someone, but I knew they couldnt (or wouldnt) do anything for me there.

So if it hits you, follow this ^ and you'll be in decent shape.

I'll help you to diagnose this: your muscles were locked up and sore as a direct result of the hard work spent the previous day on building a deck.

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Many communities like that have been formed and failed. I have had a keen interest in this subject for years. I knew about Orania for over 10 years if not more. I have studied the Amish for even longer.

There are some common features about those independent communities that actually survive.

One, they are formed strictly by groups of people from the same cultural background. Two, they are usually quite traditional and conservative with a strong set of social rules. Orania has a screening committee which decides who gets in. The Amish very rarely admit any outsiders. Orania residents are asked to be nominally Christian as well as fluent in Afrikaans. Same with the Amish. Three, these communities have to rely minimally on resources and technologies which could make them dependent on the outside world.

One cannot start today such a community without quickly being accused of racial and cultural discrimination from outsiders and quite likely from its members too. i wish it was possible but it is becoming increasingly very difficult to impossible. Orania started in 1991 and the Amish many years ago.
If you start a community that states it is for people with certain cultural values, you will be called homophobic, intolerant, etc. The idea is to openly state 'who cares.' Why should you care what outsiders state if you have God on your side. You can't legally ban homosexuals. The key here is to state they are welcome to come as long as they sign the document stating that marriage is only acceptable between a man and a woman and that homosexuality is a sin. A couple may come and buy a plot of land for the purpose to agitate. The key here is to be civil towards them (so they can't call the New York Times and make bad reports) and just make them know that homosexuality is not good (hate the sin, not the sinner). Treat it like you would alcoholism or bestiality. Require people to sign a document with key values. Perhaps a community service requirement for those in the community as well to build bonds (exemptions can be allowed for serious illnesses). Israel had such communities in the 1950's but they are dying out as people become more individualistic.

The Amish are allowed to form their communities. If they can do it, others can. There do need to be community activities to keep the community bonded together though. This is why certain ideas from the kubutzes could be used (like community schools).

I don't think total isolation is necessary, but of course the more a community is bonded, the stronger it will be. If it can produce its own products for sale (like the Amish have done), it will be stronger. This could be possible if they agree on production of certain products like handicrafts and agricultural products.

It is mostly impossible because there are not enough people willing to meet together and create such a community in one area. However, in Colorado, a group of parents created a community school recently. This kind of thing can happen in more places.

How Rural Colorado Parents Created A ‘No Politics’ Public School In Just One Year

DeWoken

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
There's a good argument for getting (and staying) hitched somewhere in there ;)

It is mostly impossible because there are not enough people willing to meet together and create such a community in one area.
I guess the challenge is that you need to get a large plot of land that is contiguous, and that might be difficult to do if you don't have the funds right away. In groups, membership and funding would tend to trickle in over time, I imagine.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
It’s extremely hard for most people to acknowledge they were wrong and change course for very small, innocuous things. COVID is the greatest lie ever told. Zero chance they (‘leaders’) change course. They literally can’t at this point.
The Governor in my US state, at the very beginning, said something along the lines of “we’re going to have 70k+ dead, there is no doubt about it”. We still haven’t even had 10k (and thats using the certainly bloated official stats).

They were so in love with the idea of being the party of “science” , that saved us from orange man, when it became clear they overplayed their hand, they just kept feeding the narrative as if their original fears were actually true.

I think this is why people seem increasingly hysterical. Their reality (and their religion of government “experts” and “science”) is crumbling, and the response is to either double down and try to make everyone around you believe the same, or you admit defeat and start over. I’ll tell you, as someone that didn’t get red pilled until later in life, and has been staring down 20+ years of misguided and deluded failures, I can understand why someone would subconsciusly do everything they can to maintain their invested worldview. A wasted life and confronting your own weakness, is something I believe we inherently avoid at all costs, as the repercussions can often be suicidal.

We are seeing the same patterns with Covid, the Rittenhouse thing, Trans agenda, etc. a complete refusal to see the facts and an increasingly militant effort to censor and attack anything that counters the delusion. We have a huge segment of Western society that I believe is essentially on the verge of a mental breakdown because their brittle walls of delusion are crumbling in the face of free flowing truth, coming from their smartphones and other devices.