Coronavirus Lounge thread

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
If I recall, the people were told to wear cloth masks to save N95s for medical workers, as there was supposedly a shortage at the time. Then they said cloth masks “work.” More shape-shifting narratives. This should be a point at which we pivot away from mask-wearing; instead, it looks like they’re doubling down again, as mask-wearing is a pillar of their cult. I really think they want us all wearing them forever. I don’t care if they work or not; it needs to end. Especially for the kids in school.
Fauci said the reason he lied about masks in general being a good idea at the beginning was that he wanted to save them for hospital workers.

They have never explained anything about N95 masks in particular.

I paid a good bit of attention to this, because in January 2020 I was warned there was a bad respiratory disease in Asia by an Asian nurse who recommended I buy a box of N95 masks (they have been readily available in the third world and I bought mine at Tractor Supply for $1 each). I was travelling internationally and wore a mask (the last time I willingly wore one) on that trip as I didn't want to get sick.

I still have this box of 19 unused masks, and I kept waiting to hear something about this superior mask being better, but it never ever came up. But expecting people to start wearing them now is laughably funny. People are tired of the mask charade (except for college students who are masked up even when walking around outside).

Last edited:

Barefaced

Sparrow
Other Christian
Fauci said the reason he lied about masks in general being a good idea at the beginning was that he wanted to save them for hospital workers.

They have never explained anything about N95 masks in particular.

I paid a good bit of attention to this, because in January 2020 I was warned there was a bad respiratory disease in Asia by an Asian nurse who recommended I buy a box of N95 masks (they have been readily available in the third world and I bought mine at Tractor Supply for $1 each). I was travelling internationally and wore a mask (the last time I willingly wore one) on that trip as I didn't want to get sick.

I still have this box of 19 unused masks, and I kept waiting to hear something about this superior mask being better, but it never ever came up. But expecting people to start wearing them now is laughably funny. People are tired of the mask charade (except for college students who are masked up even when walking around outside).

That’s right, I remember now, that bit about him lying about the masks. For our own good, right?

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
I definitely remember learning in the first weeks of the panic that only N95 masks were able to stop the virus, and that even so, you must not adjust the mask or touch your face, or all benefit is lost.

Maybe this information was not widely disseminated at the time, but I definitely remember learning it. This is one of the reasons I knew mask mandates were purely useless the whole time, with the thin masks that can't stop the virus, and with everybody touching their masks constantly and wearing them below the nose or on the chin.

I'm fairly surprised that they're telling the truth now by actually saying anything less than N95 is no good.

I have never liked masks, going back to using them as a kid in dusty construction and farm work. Now that I've sometimes been forced to wear them for the panic, I find they make me breathe harder, and make my face hot and sweaty. The N95 masks are even worse in this regard than the regular blue disposable masks. You really have to breathe hard to get any air with an N95. I hate them.

Last edited:

easterbunny2020

Pigeon
Catholic
Flying the unfriendly I-Vax skies!

MartyMcFly

Pelican
Other Christian
I definitely remember learning in the first weeks of the panic that only N95 masks were able to stop the virus, and that even so, you must not adjust the mask or touch your face, or all benefit is lost.

Maybe this information was not widely disseminated at the time, but I definitely remember learning it. This is one of the reasons I knew mask mandates were purely useless the whole time, with the thin masks that can't stop the virus, and with everybody touching their masks constantly and wearing them below the nose or on the chin.

I'm fairly surprised that they're telling the truth now by actually saying anything less than N95 is no good.

I have never liked masks, going back to using them as a kid in dusty construction and farm work. Now that I've sometimes been forced to wear them for the panic, I find they make me breathe harder, and make my face hot and sweaty. The N95 masks are even worse in this regard than the regular blue disposable masks. You really have to breathe hard to get any air with an N95. I hate them.
I think long-term mask wearing actually increases virus spread (including cold and flu viruses) because most people will keep touching them and adjusting them. I have to constantly pull mine up to cover my nose which means I am touching my nose area.

I think the only way they help is when someone sneezes or coughs because the spit won't spread as far. Of course, people could cough or sneeze into their inner elbow and that will do the same thing a mask would. This is just another form of security theater. It reminds me of security theater in the airport.

The clip below discusses how the TSA's procedures are basically to make the public feel safe. Masks are just another way to make the people feel the government is keeping them safe while also getting them used to giving up liberties in exchange for that safety:

BiggNastee

Kingfisher
Try wearing one of these doing manual labor. I actually need it to breathe though.

iu

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
I remember there were a lot of Covid Paranoids in here, guys like Leonard screaming at the top of their lungs how everyone was going to die.

I'm glad you have all come to your senses now.
I thought it was a big deal for several weeks, what with the (((fake))) videos of Chinese people falling over in the streets, and the (((questionable))) videos of chaos in Italian hospitals. I went out and bought 2-3 months worth of groceries, and was prepared to hunker down and try to survive the die off.

However, it became obvious to me that it was pretty much bullsh*t by about the middle of April. You'd think everybody else would have come to their senses around this time, but there's still a majority of the population that believes all these lockdowns and mandates and more have been necessary and justified.

Sad!

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member
Are we nearing the start of the end of the 2017 SPARS scenario...?

British Medical Journal Demands Immediate Release of All COVID-19 Vaccine

...regulators are not there to “dance to the tune of rich global corporations and enrich them further” but to protect the general public’s health...

The British Medical Journal (BMJ) has demanded the full and immediate release of all data related to COVID-19 vaccines and treatments, saying it is in the public’s interest to do so.

BMJ, a weekly peer-reviewed medical trade journal published by the trade union the British Medical Association, called for the release of the data in an editorial published on Wednesday.

“Today, despite the global rollout of COVID-19 vaccines and treatments, the anonymized participant-level data underlying the trials for these new products remain inaccessible to doctors, researchers, and the public—and are likely to remain that way for years to come,” BMJ said.

“This is morally indefensible for all trials, but especially for those involving major public health interventions.”

BMJ also accused pharmaceutical companies of “reaping vast profits without adequate independent scrutiny of their scientific claims,” pointing to Pfizer, whose COVID vaccine trial was “funded by the company and designed, run, analyzed, and authored by Pfizer employees.”

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
When people finally had enough

I've watched that video on the soccer field at least 10 times.

It shows a fan running across the field, and five cops tackle him. The camera is zoomed in as they all hold him down and one cop starts jabbing the fan repeatedly with his billy club.

Suddenly, the camera zooms out, and another fan is running towards these cops, and jumps in the middle of them to break it up, before he is finished jumping through and over them, a third fan runs up and pulls the first guy up, to save him from the cops beating him.

Now, 100s of fans run onto the field, and start chasing and beating the cops, which they deserve. It looks like the cop that did the actually jabbing with the night stick got away without the beating he deserved, but only because he ran like a coward. Two other cops were down on the ground with people crowded around kicking them. Some other cops got away with only a mix of hard tackles, punches, and flying kicks as they ran.

Very satisfying to see tyrannical jackbooted thugs get stormed and beaten by righteous citizens!