Coronavirus Lounge thread

Mrredsquare

Hummingbird
Other Christian

Bizet

Woodpecker
Other Christian
This is not a new take but I was thinking today how much coronavirus has change my opinion of other people. The majority took the vaccine and it's completely nuts when you think about. They actually let that be injected in their bodies. Healthy people.

For my entire life I've always thought other people and the public in general basically knew what was going on. That the average person could be trusted. That they weren't basically just sleep walking through their life. My opinion has changed.

To be fair mate, not everyone who took the vax is a sheep, it's a bit more nuanced than that.

There were a lot of decent people who were highly distrustful of it, but took it anyway as they felt they were left no other option (myself included). I'd say the sheeps are those who are still going out and getting boosted (plus flu shots every winter) now that the mandates have ended.

It's easy to look back in hindsight and say taking the vax was the wrong thing to do, but you have to remember here in Australia we had two years of extreme lockdowns, and people's resolves were weakened. Then suddenly, in a blink of an eye, the choice became get the vax, or loose your job. Ohh and you can't leave the country and find work overseas either.

Not everyone was in a position to say no - there were a lot of blue-collar workers who didn't have the option to work from home & needed to pay the bills/provide for their families. What else were we supposed to do? Learn to code?

Feyoder

Pelican
To be fair mate, not everyone who took the vax is a sheep, it's a bit more nuanced than that.

There were a lot of decent people who were highly distrustful of it, but took it anyway as they felt they were left no other option (myself included). I'd say the sheeps are those who are still going out and getting boosted (plus flu shots every winter) now that the mandates have ended.

It's easy to look back in hindsight and say taking the vax was the wrong thing to do, but you have to remember here in Australia we had two years of extreme lockdowns, and people's resolves were weakened. Then suddenly, in a blink of an eye, the choice became get the vax, or loose your job. Ohh and you can't leave the country and find work overseas either.

Not everyone was in a position to say no - there were a lot of blue-collar workers who didn't have the option to work from home & needed to pay the bills/provide for their families. What else were we supposed to do? Learn to code?

I make no judgement on individuals--especially Australians who had to show a vax QR to shop and were given a choice of unemployed or vax. I was in a non western country at the time but my whole family in the west took it. I mean society's resistance to the thing as a whole and the people actually promoting it as good thing.

Beyond Borders

Crow
Gold Member
^ That's somewhat understandable.

But at the same time it's hard to understand how so many people gave zero pushback at all...

It's one thing to fold at the last minute if you really feel you have no choice, but to fold without ever questioning, speaking up, arguing, holding out, ranting and raving, debunking, etc, is an entirely different story. And it looks like that's what most people did.

I mean, if i had been in a position where I had kids to feed and really had no choice, I at least would have held on until what seemed like the very last possible day and been a big pain about it. And then tried to dig in to expose the truth, demand accountability before they could push booster after booster and double down on the tyranny.

You can't always resist against your oppressors but the least you can do is force them to force you so they have to stare the reality of their own terrible acts directly in the face and see it for what it actually is. Never let them sugarcoat the deeds they do to you.

What I saw instead was that most people shrugged it off and tried to ignore looking at the truth at all. Didn't argue, didn't push back, didn't educate themselves at all on what could possibly be done in the future. They just pretended nothing was wrong and tried their best to look away.

I guess it's a coping mechanism to being powerless but it's tough behavior to respect, especially for those who actually made some big sacrifices to stick by their principles. And a side effect of not even pushing back when you fold is that it makes it easier to ostracize and alienate the ones that do.

It also makes it easier for more of this to happen in the future.

In short, there are ways to lose without sacrificing your integrity in the process. The vast majority preferred to act like cowards and hide behind their reasons for playing along.

Last edited:

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
818b3b88e3ab9a9c.jpg

RedLagoon

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer

I'm in Australia with 3 little children wife and we're unavxxed (never even been tested or used QR) lost my job and are in financial hell because of it and no one even lend us a hand. Many are treating us like dogs ever since as well. No baby sitters or nannies etc. Still going strong but getting out of here as its going to be worse the next time. "no choice" is just not true I'm sorry as we all have one.

* also for the many who don't know; the Australian protests were real but a joke (especially the tradie one) as they all lined up for their shots the next day. How do I know? I had many friends who did.

.... also you can get out now

Last edited:

Sanctus

Woodpecker
Protestant
Roosh is apparently at Mt. Athos. As lovely a prospect as this is, I wonder how he'll get back into the US given they still have vax mandates in place for entry.