Coronavirus Lounge thread

kel

Pelican

I log in to facebook once every two weeks and I regret it every time. This chick is dealing with the fact that she's entering middle age and is a lonely harpy and has been going absolutely bonkers over this shit. For months she's been completely unhinged, going hysterical and isolating herself like Howard Hughes.

And I'm increasingly realizing she's not at all unusual in that regard.

LeBeau

Ostrich
Gold Member

I log in to facebook once every two weeks and I regret it every time. This chick is dealing with the fact that she's entering middle age and is a lonely harpy and has been going absolutely bonkers over this shit. For months she's been completely unhinged, going hysterical and isolating herself like Howard Hughes.

And I'm increasingly realizing she's not at all unusual in that regard.
Unless those 19 comments are her talking to herself, it's also sad how much attention and enabling is going on here too.

Muscovite

Pigeon
Woman threatens to call the police on young driver for breaking social distancing rules after his CAR pulled up too close to hers at set of traffic lights.

I love the "most highly rated" comment. "Roll up your window Karen"

Full story

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
I have to wear my mask because of my job but I can still smell bathrooms, pets and babies.

I guess the virus is well behaved.

On a similar notion though, that also throws out all this "build up of CO2" drama some folk are trying to perpetuate.
If a basic cloth / surgical mask cannot prevent 2nd hand smoke & the like. It surely isn't stopping the expulsion of CO2.

Then again, while I don't live in a mandatory mask zone.
If I was to use a mask, it wouldn't be to limit exposure to individual viral cells, it would be to limit exposure to airborne snot & spittle.

On a similar notion though, that also throws out all this "build up of CO2" drama some folk are trying to perpetuate.
If a basic cloth / surgical mask cannot prevent 2nd hand smoke & the like. It surely isn't stopping the expulsion of CO2.

Then again, while I don't live in a mandatory mask zone.
If I was to use a mask, it wouldn't be to limit exposure to individual viral cells, it would be to limit exposure to airborne snot & spittle.
<it's not stopping, but restricting normal breathing. Sprinters and other athletes put on similar masks for the same reason - because they want to restrict oxygen and recreate high-altitude training conditions. But this is done only for short intensive periods. Meanwhile people are putting on cloth masks or N95s for more than 2 hours, after which any mask accumulates ever more impurities that you breathe in again.

And no masks were never proven to be effective - effective means here that they have any proof of preventing a flu virus or something like SARS. They have studies done on that and the results were negative. This is not about bacteria and potentially preventing infections in open wounds.

Masks producers know that their masks cannot stop viruses and they are not taking any chances and are telling the truth:

The best part here is some producers admitting that the masks contain lead and other cancer-causing ingredients, so wearing those things for days each week will result in long-term diseases for sure.

EdX6MkWU0AYkZBf.jpg

EdX6MkVUMAA2PxT.jpg
EdX6MkZVAAAW21Q.jpg

EdX6MkYUYAAFGry.jpg

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
"Wearing a mask for a long time will starve your brain of oxygen & make you dumb!"

OK.
Noting the Asian propensity to wear masks.
Explain the higher than average Asian IQ level...