Coronavirus Lounge thread

LeoniusD

Kingfisher
As 9-11 approaches a quick reminder to remember the following:

1) They hate you and want you to die (at least past a certain level of usefulness)
2) Whatever they tell you to do - consider doing the opposite:

NYC after 9-11 with a ton of toxic fumes and particles in the air; 'Mask-wearing unnecessary'. She later admitted to be wrong.

And the masks necessary would have to be like that and be worn by every New Yorker for weeks and months:

Nowadays you are facing particles for which this mask above would be useless and since we have to remember that they hate you and lie to you, then it means that you don't need that mask and it will rather do the opposite by killing a few weaker individuals. All the unmasked politicians hugging their chaps in restaurants and walking around without a care give all credence to this statement.

Found out today my town currently has the highest spread of COVID in the country. A country that never had any lockdowns. There are also zero people who currently need to be treated in a hospital for it. A cold or flu is passing around, proving that people don't live entirely sterile, isolated lives, but people get tested for free and barely anyone who is sick tests positive for the Mexican beer.

Eagerly waiting for the paralyzing AstraZeneca vaccine and immunity passports, they are most desperately needed.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
There is a rumor going around my state regarding a scam that the public schools are pulling. So, the state has an annual deadline of September 18th for schools to confirm their enrollments. Those enrollment numbers determine funding for the next year.

The rumor is that schools are going to remain open for in person instruction until September 18, so they can count all of the students and then shut down for virtual learning for as long as possible so the teachers and administration can get a paid vacation again.

I believe it, my dealings with the local schoolboard during the pandemic so far have shown that their goals are to a) preserve their funding and b) justify zero layoffs.

Johnny Rico

Woodpecker
Public school teachers are generally (not always) assholes. Its gotta be 90%+ female and they are riding this out so they can sit on their fat asses at home and get paid.

A man I know just graduated university and was hired to essentially be a high school babysitter. He sits in the classroom at the teacher's desk with a face diaper and makes $17/hr to make sure the kids wear their face diapers while the overweight face diapered teacher zooms with the classroom from home because shes a fatass and is afraid of FakeFlu.

Disgusting.

bomp

Pigeon
I wore a mask for the first time today because I had a doctor's appointment and they don't let you use anything else to obscure your shameful visage. The second that ear-loop went over my ear it felt like I had suddenly become unclean. Yet when interacting with people, although I noted how strange it was to be unable to see someone's mouth moving while having a conversation with them, the feeling of novelty was soon squelched by the necessity of having to process and respond to verbal communications. It's creepy how quickly you'll become used to something if everyone around you is doing it. Upon leaving I caught a glimpse of a receptionist working alone in what was essentially a closed glass box, but still wearing the mask. Then I felt reassured that I will always perceive it as strange as long as I have a moment to reflect.

As a side note, within the 90-second span of having my blood drawn, the overweight nurse managed to express to me that she thinks children are gross and that any "children" she has are going to be furry and have four legs. Imagine my shock.

NoFunInAus

Woodpecker
I wore a mask for the first time today because I had a doctor's appointment and they don't let you use anything else to obscure your shameful visage. The second that ear-loop went over my ear it felt like I had suddenly become unclean. Yet when interacting with people, although I noted how strange it was to be unable to see someone's mouth moving while having a conversation with them, the feeling of novelty was soon squelched by the necessity of having to process and respond to verbal communications. It's creepy how quickly you'll become used to something if everyone around you is doing it. Upon leaving I caught a glimpse of a receptionist working alone in what was essentially a closed glass box, but still wearing the mask. Then I felt reassured that I will always perceive it as strange as long as I have a moment to reflect.

As a side note, within the 90-second span of having my blood drawn, the overweight nurse managed to express to me that she thinks children are gross and that any "children" she has are going to be furry and have four legs. Imagine my shock.

You're sure the needle was clean?

bomp

Pigeon
You're sure the needle was clean?
I recall seeing it be unwrapped. But I had to psych myself up to actually go to the appointment because I kept thinking that I would be vaccinated for something before I could refuse it. That actually happened to me once in an immediate care center and I've been wary ever since. On this occasion I was simply offered a flu shot twice, but was able to decline without a second word.
Probably not going back to medical facility of any sort for a good long time.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Victoria's Chief Medical Officer Brett Sutton warned private security guards were the wrong fit for the state's hotel quarantine job - with some even refusing to use hand sanitiser because it was against their RELIGION

Wait what, religion?
Hand sanitizer?
Oh... the alcohol... Muslims... Ha!

Perfect for Clown World... :laughter:

LeoniusD

Kingfisher
Victoria's Chief Medical Officer Brett Sutton warned private security guards were the wrong fit for the state's hotel quarantine job - with some even refusing to use hand sanitiser because it was against their RELIGION

Wait what, religion?
Hand sanitizer?
Oh... the alcohol... Muslims... Ha!

Perfect for Clown World... :laughter:

Well - it's against my common sense to use hand sanitizers that can make me go blind:

But religious exception is good enough for me.