Coronavirus Product & Services Shortage Thread

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Roosh said:
Hard to find flour or yeast in the D.C. area. It's been persistently out of stock even though the bread aisle is mostly full.
I'm in small town Ontario here, town of 15K.

Limits on Milk, Water, OJ

I was able to pick up a small flour bag, big bags were gone. Lots of fresh bread though.
- Bought Quinoa & Rice either. Pickles seemed to be running thin.
- Bought canned Kale which I'd never seen before but seems like a good thing to have on hand. I'm sure you could mix it in.
- Bought Sausages which can be stored at room temperature and stored them away. Meat that doesn't go bad.

Trying to buy food that if there is no shortage, I will still want to eat anyway. Early on I bought a lot of beans and canned fish. Need to diversify.

Nemausus

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Opened up the Flipp App on my phone today. This app collects and downloads all of the weekly flyers and allows you to search for listed sales.

Here's what's trending - or simply put, what people are searching for:

Many of the items listed have already been mentioned in this thread. If you come across a store that has some of these items in abundance, you may want to stock up.

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
I called every where i could today. No bait squid.

The frozen squid factory must have shut down.

Aloha!

ilostabet

Pelican
After seeing the prohibition on buying seeds and garden products in America, I went to check if there were any restrictions in Portugal and couldn't find any. Good sign.

However, I have been supplementing grocery shopping with online ordering from a big box store, which is taking 3 weeks to arrive. One of my orders arrived yesterday, and some of the stuff I ordered was precisely seeds, pots, compost and soil. Without any explanation they just removed those items from the list and did not deliver them. Some other items were not delivered because they were out of stock (like meat), but these were not marked as such, they simply disappeared from the receipt (even though I have the original purchase order with them in it). I sent them a mail asking why, waiting now for their reply. I also ordered pretty much the same items now online from a garden store. Curious to see what happens.

It seems suspicious AF though, like they really don't want you to grow your own food.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Today's supply run into the big smoke came up short on methylated spirits and disposable gas cylinders for my camping stove.

Locally, toilet paper has been back for a couple of weeks but only in several brands with one or two variations in quantity.

The following is either out of stock, minimally stocked or rationed:

Hand soap.
Baked beans.
Various fruits and vegetables.
Flour.
Sugar.
Frozen potato chips.
Frozen pies.
Frozen fruit.

Shortages of some products may seem odd but if you factor in potential removal of imports for some products leaving local supply lines in higher demand then those shortages might make sense.

Enoch

Ostrich
For those of you worried about your meat supply consider vacuum packed salami that can be stored at room temperature. Protein powder also stores great.

JiggyLordJr

Woodpecker
What are the odds of the U.S. gov outright banning meat or even just making it prohibitively expensive, and out of reach for the average consumer?

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Why do it under government tyranny rather than under "free market" corporatism run to the tune of Jewish tikkun olam?

This is the wizardry they will use to oppress Americans who cannot rebel against ostensibly free market capitalism. No need to use the government to ban the production of guns when you can cancel all banking services to gun producers and even deny them the metal they need to build their products.

Same/same for food production. "Beef is unsustainable" say the shill scientists, and the "responsible" corporations cease to use their megafarms to produce beef and "responsibly" cease selling fertilizer or other necessary supplies to those ranchers who continue their beef businesses as usual.

Don't bother waiting for government oppression. It's a dated and far less efficient tool than "running corporations in a socially responsible manner".

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Enoch said:
For those of you worried about your meat supply consider vacuum packed salami that can be stored at room temperature. Protein powder also stores great.
Picked some up yesterday. Expiry Date is January 2021. Plus this is good food that if things calm down you can bring out with some crackers and cheese.

[attachment=43556]

Attachments

ilostabet

Pelican
NoMoreTO said:
Enoch said:
Picked some up yesterday. Expiry Date is January 2021. Plus this is good food that if things calm down you can bring out with some crackers and cheese.
Be careful though, some companies put soy protein in them.

Peacock
Gold Member
Lots of nitrates too, there is a reason those meaty tubes can last so long at room temperature...

iop890

Crow
Gold Member
There is no more tonic water in my town because some guy bought it all thinking it will cure Covid(because of the quinine).

Imagine how much sugar/aspartame this absolute madman is about to consume.

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
iop890 said:
There is no more tonic water in my town because some guy bought it all thinking it will cure Covid(because of the quinine).

Imagine how much sugar/aspartame this absolute madman is about to consume.
Wait...that mean it wont?

Peacock
Gold Member
Tonic water was used by our colonial ancestors to stem off malaria in the tropics.