Coronavirus Product & Services Shortage Thread

Horus

Ostrich
Gold Member
No need to worry about that. We already have a meat free plant based alternative. It's just as good as the real thing!
[img=600x300]https://techcrunch.com/wp-content/u...19-04-22-at-7.48.17-AM.png?w=990&crop=1[/img]

It even has the Bill Gates seal of approval. He's like the smartest guy in the world, and even he can't tell the difference!

I wonder if workers at the Beyond Meat factory are also getting sick to the point that they need to reduce production? I hope not because this is going to save the world. There's a new age coming, and the meat free light at the end of the tunnel is looking very bright.

Emancipator

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Turnus said:
U.S. Reels Toward Meat Shortages and the World May Be Next

• Pork production down by 1/3
  • Industry faced with choice to shut down and insulate employees or continue
  • Meat prices are soaring
  • Restaurants could be out of ground beef in a week
I still think Canadians and Americans should be okay, it will mean that exports stop in favor of the domestic market. Such a measure will be able to maintain it domestically even with supply constraints

Other countries are going to feel the pinch when food supply chains are managed different.
Take Russia for example, their wheat and grains feeds a lot of the developing world.

Crow
Horus said:
No need to worry about that. We already have a meat free plant based alternative. It's just as good as the real thing!
[img=600x300]https://techcrunch.com/wp-content/u...19-04-22-at-7.48.17-AM.png?w=990&crop=1[/img]

It even has the Bill Gates seal of approval. He's like the smartest guy in the world, and even he can't tell the difference!

I wonder if workers at the Beyond Meat factory are also getting sick to the point that they need to reduce production? I hope not because this is going to save the world. There's a new age coming, and the meat free light at the end of the tunnel is looking very bright.
Gates probably spit his last bite out after they stopped shooting. He gets the real grass-fed stuff from private ranches flown into his mansions.

It's amazing how these shitty channels with faggots like this guy fellating globalist ghouls like Bill Gates and advancing their agendas somehow have millions upon millions of viewers...

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
Horus said:

Bill Gates looks like me when a friend's dinner tastes like stale socks, only I'm too polite to complain.

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Gold Member
Ha... funny meme but I think it's either a joke or subtle propaganda. Keep in mind the Elites hate Germany and Russia more than anyone else. People stocked up on toilet paper everywhere. I saw that happen here in at least 4 Asian countries before corona even arrived in Europe.

ilostabet

Kingfisher
ilostabet said:
After seeing the prohibition on buying seeds and garden products in America, I went to check if there were any restrictions in Portugal and couldn't find any. Good sign.

However, I have been supplementing grocery shopping with online ordering from a big box store, which is taking 3 weeks to arrive. One of my orders arrived yesterday, and some of the stuff I ordered was precisely seeds, pots, compost and soil. Without any explanation they just removed those items from the list and did not deliver them. Some other items were not delivered because they were out of stock (like meat), but these were not marked as such, they simply disappeared from the receipt (even though I have the original purchase order with them in it). I sent them a mail asking why, waiting now for their reply. I also ordered pretty much the same items now online from a garden store. Curious to see what happens.

It seems suspicious AF though, like they really don't want you to grow your own food.
Update on this post. The big box store has not replied to me. I have followed up a couple of times but no answer.

As for the other order, took some time for them to process it (due to high number of orders), a couple of seed packets were out and so was organic fertilizer. All the rest is coming today. I also went by another garden store and bought the seeds that were out in the order. Fertilizer was also out but in any case I went by my inlaws and got some manure so I should be good on that front. I guess there are no official restrictions. Still, that big box move was fishy.

Emancipator said:
https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2019/feb/27/tyson-pushing-protein-products-20190227/

I am sure this is all a coincidence:

Tyson pushing protein products
Changes focus on meat alternatives
Tyson wants to become a protein producer - they would prefer not to tell you too much about the protein, because you wouldn't eat it otherwise. So the globalist corporation of Tyson foods WANTS THE LOCKDOWNS and doesn't mind meat getting more expensive or sparce - they will be happy to give you insect-protein burger and soy-burger-crap.

Even low-quality meat is superior to pesticide-soaked-inferior-plant protein and the insect protein likely won't be much better.

NoMoreTO

Pelican
I went to the Grocery store in small town Ontario Canada Yesterday.

>TP was there and plentiful
>Meat section was a little more stocked
> The customers seemed a little more relaxed, less masks and grocery cart swerving to avoid people.

Seems like things have evened out a little, perhaps people stocked up and now are just buying regular weekly groceries

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Talked to the farmers next to us regarding supply chains.

Vegetable supply is bursting.
Chicken is looking dicey, but OK for now.
Beef seems fine, but most places have limits per customer.
Fish seems normal.
Plenty of eggs.

I have to go to my downtown condo tomorrow to get mail and water plants. I will hit the Costco as my condo is almost on top of it. Breadline, here I come!

Emancipator

Hummingbird
Gold Member
+1 Laner on the local butchers with local cattle supply, the one near my house has a line around the block ! Old school Italian elder

The chicken local to us is dicey due to two poultry processors coming down (same owner, several generations Chinese Canadian I think)

McDonald's Canada, due to being supplied by Cargill, is resorting to importing beef to meet demand.

Trump making sure the steaks keep on coming.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Emancipator said:
+1 Laner on the local butchers with local cattle supply, the one near my house has a line around the block ! Old school Italian elder

The chicken local to us is dicey due to two poultry processors coming down (same owner, several generations Chinese Canadian I think)

McDonald's Canada, due to being supplied by Cargill, is resorting to importing beef to meet demand.

Trump making sure the steaks keep on coming.
Ranchers back home are going to have to decide what to do about feed. Calving season is upon them - who gets the food?

Trump is right. The fallout is not just getting steaks, but relieving the ranches of their steer. I don't know if they shoot and bury them anymore, but fuck me what a tragedy if North America is forced to start wasting its livestock and poultry because of multinational slaughterhouses and their fucked up lobbying which forced local places out of business.

It would be sweet poetic justice if his EA meant a draft of all pogey collecting bloggers to be required to work in food production until it stabilizes.

NoMoreTO

Pelican
Its insane how many people at meat packing plants seem to pick up the virus. I'm not totally sure why this is, is there a scientific reason because of the meat , coincidence or some sort of conspiracy. I haven't heard of any manufacturing facilities shutting down due to Corona , just meat packers. Its uncanny.