Coronavirus & Sports

Elipe

Kingfisher

Rogers.jpg

Ah, employment, where you get treated like cattle.

I am a Cleveland Indians fan, and two of their starting pitchers, Mike Clevinger and Zach Plesac just got sent back to the minors for breaking Coronavirus protocol. The team was on a road trip in Chicago and the two pitchers left their hotel room to eat with some friends. They got back to the hotel after their 10:00 PM curfew. The team's security guards alerted team management and they got in trouble. They have both tested negative for Coronavirus multiple times, but nobody seems to care. The media is heavily biased against them and are equating them to murderers. I still haven't been able to find a news story that is not extremely critical of them. Personally, I don't have a problem with what they did and they have explained that they followed all the recommended health protocols when they were out. This is a good example of the media blowing stories out of proportion.

homersheineken

Kingfisher
I am a Cleveland Indians fan, and two of their starting pitchers, Mike Clevinger and Zach Plesac just got sent back to the minors for breaking Coronavirus protocol. The team was on a road trip in Chicago and the two pitchers left their hotel room to eat with some friends. They got back to the hotel after their 10:00 PM curfew. The team's security guards alerted team management and they got in trouble. They have both tested negative for Coronavirus multiple times, but nobody seems to care. The media is heavily biased against them and are equating them to murderers. I still haven't been able to find a news story that is not extremely critical of them. Personally, I don't have a problem with what they did and they have explained that they followed all the recommended health protocols when they were out. This is a good example of the media blowing stories out of proportion.

I wouldn't want my multi-million dollar assets out in riots either.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
AT first thought this makes me angry and scared.

Then I remembered it was the Detroit Lions.

For starters, there are a lot of strip clubs in Detroit & some of these players have been known to frequent them over the years.

Maybe 5% of the NFL or less are role models off the field so let's give them some credit :laughter:. I have anecdotal evidence that the Chicago Bears QB Mitch Trubisky attends Catholic mass in the Chicago suburbs with his pretty girlfriend.

homersheineken

Kingfisher
For starters, there are a lot of strip clubs in Detroit & some of these players have been known to frequent them over the years.

Maybe 5% of the NFL or less are role models off the field so let's give them some credit :laughter:. I have anecdotal evidence that the Chicago Bears QB Mitch Trubisky attends Catholic mass in the Chicago suburbs with his pretty girlfriend.

He does love dem titties :)

FactusIRX

Kingfisher
I stopped watching sports-ball because of coofid and then B(urn)L(oot)M(urder). The only reason I had a cable subscription was to watch sports-ball. Cancelled that. I still follow hunting, shooting, strongman, and some UFC because I perform these sports, so it's a good way to learn more about them.

kel

Ostrich
If anyone feels they must watch sports, you can stream it free online usually. At least don't give them (or your cable monopoly) money.

https://nflbite.com/ is where the now-banned r/nflstreams migrated to. They have other sports, as well.

Same story with netflix and TV and movies at large. You shouldn't watch them at all, it's poison for your brain, but if you really want to see something just torrent it so you're not paying them. Everything is there. Get a $4 VPN (which you should think about using anyways) if you're worried about your ISP flagging you.

Johnny Rico

Woodpecker
Now that NASCAR was forced to cuck via usury I wonder if even more redneck events like WWE wrestling and Monster Jam will cuck too.

WWE is boring now but it was hilarious back in the day when everyone was on coke.

Monster Jam is pretty awesome too especially if you have sons... I remember going when I was 12 or so and it was a blast.

homersheineken

Kingfisher
If anyone feels they must watch sports, you can stream it free online usually. At least don't give them (or your cable monopoly) money.

https://nflbite.com/ is where the now-banned r/nflstreams migrated to. They have other sports, as well.

Same story with netflix and TV and movies at large. You shouldn't watch them at all, it's poison for your brain, but if you really want to see something just torrent it so you're not paying them. Everything is there. Get a $4 VPN (which you should think about using anyways) if you're worried about your ISP flagging you.

I used to do this before the BLM pandering. Now that I get hours and hours of my life back to reading, spending time with the kids, working out, getting work done around the house, etc... I don't really miss it (Esp since I've seen all my teams win -- Blackhawks, Cubs). I sort of miss the camaraderie with the guys, but we'll just have to find other bonding topics.

I used to do this before the BLM pandering. Now that I get hours and hours of my life back to reading, spending time with the kids, working out, getting work done around the house, etc... I don't really miss it (Esp since I've seen all my teams win -- Blackhawks, Cubs). I sort of miss the camaraderie with the guys, but we'll just have to find other bonding topics.
Let me know what you find.

I work out while I watch sports, so it helps keep me motivated.

Amwolf

Robin
Woman
Unfortunately, it appears that college football will resume this weekend despite Coronavirus. I was hoping that the NCAA would suspend this season and disappear forever. Nonetheless, it appears that the lucrative advertising contracts and opportunities for continued virtue signaling in wake of BLM overruled any concerns regarding the "pandemic", despite the majority of students being forced to virtual coursework and little to no exposure with their peers on campuses. This is yet another reason why the American "education" system is collapsing.

"Sports" are modern day bread and circuses and inconsequential twaddle. They’re also anti-White and anti-Christian. Good riddance to them all. As Ernest Hemingway correctly stated: "There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."

Mikeyd03

Robin
I don't see how any American can support these professional athletes at this point. I have talked to many sports fans in my midwest area and most have also written off sports for the coming year.

Feels like you're cucking yourself by watching. "Yeah.....YOU all just privileged white bois".......says the famous, millionaire, black athlete. Only in the USA are their luxurious lifestyles possible.

Also.....I posted back in the Kobe thread when he passed. Yeah, it was sad.....horrible way to go.....but honestly that funeral looked more like a deification ritual. That's how they're treated in this country.....like Gods.

Watching sports in 2020=self cuckery. Going to pass.

homersheineken

Kingfisher
I don't see how any American can support these professional athletes at this point. I have talked to many sports fans in my midwest area and most have also written off sports for the coming year.

Feels like you're cucking yourself by watching. "Yeah.....YOU all just privileged white bois".......says the famous, millionaire, black athlete. Only in the USA are their luxurious lifestyles possible.

Also.....I posted back in the Kobe thread when he passed. Yeah, it was sad.....horrible way to go.....but honestly that funeral looked more like a deification ritual. That's how they're treated in this country.....like Gods.

It goes beyond 2020...

AlwaysMe

Sparrow

Sports fans are Simps. Straight up Simps. Not for thots but for afleetes. Arguably worse.

I think you mean "I am a Cleveland Indians Simp..."

Dude, I looked over your profile and you have an alarming amount of comments similar to this one. I'm not offended by it and you have the right to say whatever you want. But this forum is supposed to a place to build each other up, not tear each other down. If you have a disagreement, then I would recommend logically explaining your reasons for disagreeing instead of just resorting to sarcastic quips and name calling.

surfdog

Sparrow
So you are going to plop down in that lazyboy and drink your mind rotting beer to watch your team kneel down or raise a fist against your country. Then you are going to sit through all the commercials for these companies that mock you and shame you but still want your money(Gillette). All this while the BLM and antifa soy boys hate anything masculine such as competitive sports. The players hate you for being white, the advertisers hate you for being a male, the soy boys hate you for driving around in your F-250 that you bought because of a commercial during NFL halftime??

It is past time to let the sporting world die. 5 years ago people were talking about how NFL wanted more women viewers (think pink gloves and shoes and female players). Now you are a racist, toxic man who they are telling you to bend over and take it because you are not black. Nope, turn that tv off, burn the jerseys, stop with the fantasy leagues. The sporting world has been exposed. Let it die.

The players can work without masks and are exposed to hundreds of other players? But I have to wear a mask in my office with 3 other people in my cubical? Nonsense.

And go ahead and buy Madden 2021 so Colin Kaperknick can give a black power fist every time he scores a touchdown.

When you score a touchdown with Colin Kaepernick in #Madden21 and choose "signature" celebration, Kap holds up the Black Power fist. pic.twitter.com/rclVIFjXze
— Jordan Heck (@JordanHeckFF) September 8, 2020

Last edited: