Coronavirus vaccine thread

Pointy Elbows

Kingfisher
Orthodox
In my humble opinion you should not engage in theological debates with heathens and athiests. A religious objection is simply that. You are not obligated to explain yourself. They don't get to ask for your sources. Who are they to question your relationship with God? Of course it may not play out that way in reality because they have all the power but you're just playing into their game if you go that route, imho.
"For I will not speak of thy mysteries to thine enemies" has guided me on this a lot in the last year.

Gimlet

Pelican
In my humble opinion you should not engage in theological debates with heathens and athiests. A religious objection is simply that. You are not obligated to explain yourself. They don't get to ask for your sources. Who are they to question your relationship with God? Of course it may not play out that way in reality because they have all the power but you're just playing into their game if you go that route, imho.

You are so right. Those people love to debate the Bible and have studied certain passages not for guidance but to pick it apart. I used to argue with them, finally 10 years ago I started saying, "I can't debate the Bible with you, I concede because you surely know more than me. But there simply is no reason God designed some men to naturally be inseminated in the anus."

Gimlet

Pelican
So if what people say is true and everyone on the msm is compromised, what's their play with Tucker? Leave him on as a some kind of pressure release valve?

He makes money, the end. Who cares if you or I agree with him, we have already lost. People feel good listening to Tucker, then the next day they still use the word "she" to refer to a tranny. Love a Tucker rant - I do when he is posted as I don't have cable - but nothing will change. But Fox makes $$.

soli.deo.gloria

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Gold Member
He makes money, the end. Who cares if you or I agree with him, we have already lost. People feel good listening to Tucker, then the next day they still use the word "she" to refer to a tranny. Love a Tucker rant - I do when he is posted as I don't have cable - but nothing will change. But Fox makes $$.
The definition of a gatekeeper. He will say stuff that makes you feel good and you get to let off a little steam while he makes fun of people but in the end nothing changes (or at least, not for the better). Just think about it for a minute. He would not be allowed to be on tv every night if he actually posed any kind of threat. And when it counts he won't have your back, just like Trump. There is only one person worth trusting and listening to and that is Jesus Christ.

gat

Robin
Protestant
The definition of a gatekeeper. He will say stuff that makes you feel good and you get to let off a little steam while he makes fun of people but in the end nothing changes (or at least, not for the better). Just think about it for a minute. He would not be allowed to be on tv every night if he actually posed any kind of threat. And when it counts he won't have your back, just like Trump. There is only one person worth trusting and listening to and that is Jesus Christ.
I respectfully disagree with this. Those in charge of this world hold ultimate power over it it appears for the moment. But God allows lights to shine. Tucker is not in a position to be a threat to the degree you might be implying but he as at least a thorn in their side.

I think it is valuable we recognize people like Tucker are not threats but they CAN set the path for those who will come next to make things better. Tucker has constraints on him that another might not. I think Trump is a path setter in this regard. He will not cross some lines - he will not even cross some lines DeSantis has already crossed - but he can lead to others.

I wish we had a name/category for people like Tucker so we could both unite behind them and temper that they are not the end all be all solution.

Are there historical examples of this? Maybe during the period around the revolutionary war? I doubt Washington was extremely vocal, but he was willing to cross the lines.

Caramasão

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer

Redcrosse

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Dude, this is a real CNN report, how can anyone believe that unvaccinated are infecting vaccinated people and at the same time that the vaccine is the solution, is beyond me.

"My mother had severe rheumatoid arthritis. We were always the most concerned about her getting it because she was immunocompromised," Ayers said. "We were wrestling with whether they should have traveled.
"But things were looking so good, and with them being fully vaccinated, we just didn't have any thoughts of them going to Mississippi. The Delta variant was just hitting the radar. Breakthrough cases were rare at that point. Our worst nightmare came true."

“.... with them being fully vaccinated...” In other words, the jabs don’t work, just like we always said.

And “she was immunocompromised...” In other words, she was exactly the perfect candidate to have her already precarious health destroyed by the poison vax, which is probably what really happened, rather than the tripe about the oh so scary delta variant.

BillMcNeal

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Dude, this is a real CNN report, how can anyone believe that unvaccinated are infecting vaccinated people and at the same time that the vaccine is the solution, is beyond me.

View attachment 33660
If someone's response isn't "Well then the vaccine doesn't work," distance yourself from that person immediately.

Jaeric

Sparrow
In Jay Dyer's stream today, he discusses the essay of an alleged member of some Satanic cult, who claimed two big goals the group had were, by 2010, to make the West "functionally illiterate," and then by 2030 to depopulate the globe's population by at least 70%...

I find him hard to watch. He goes on so many tangents. I'm already 35 minutes in and he still hasn't really gotten into yet.
It seems like this 1 hour and 40 minuter video could have been 10 minutes long if he had of just gotten to the point right at the start.