Coronavirus vaccine thread

oldfaith

Robin
Orthodox
Yes I understand your equivalencies, I’m just saying… Assuming mountain biking has a high rate of injury… Wouldn’t you want to try and avoid the hospitals these days? Given you could be forced into taking a vaccination, just so you could have a broken leg fixed?
I guess I understand your point of view, to think of it. I developed such apprehension of doctors and medical business overall so wouldn't want to deal with them in any way, even if they're still providing services to the unvaccinated. It's our responsibility to look after ourselves and protect our body from harm. I guess this extends to any risky sport, even though I've been a big risk taker before, I'm extra careful now. To think of it more, taking more risks in sports increases possible dependence on society as if you get injured you not only need medical care, you might suffer disability. Especially if you don't have a big well-to-do family to take care of you, I guess the responsible thing is to watch out for yourself even more now. I wouldn't want to be helpless in the hands of doctors or government bureaucrats....I would take risks say felling a tree to build something, but not in sport, not anymore.

Easy_C

Peacock
There is no threshold. Follow your gut instinct. If a post seems like subversion, report it. You will get a response as to what action was taken to your report. If you're overreporting, I'll let you know, but no one is currently doing that. Underreporting is more of a problem.
A group like this is going to trend towards under reporting. Men tend to handle problems directly instead of invoking authority.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
I guess I understand your point of view, to think of it. I developed such apprehension of doctors and medical business overall so wouldn't want to deal with them in any way, even if they're still providing services to the unvaccinated. It's our responsibility to look after ourselves and protect our body from harm. I guess this extends to any risky sport, even though I've been a big risk taker before, I'm extra careful now. To think of it more, taking more risks in sports increases possible dependence on society as if you get injured you not only need medical care, you might suffer disability. Especially if you don't have a big well-to-do family to take care of you, I guess the responsible thing is to watch out for yourself even more now. I wouldn't want to be helpless in the hands of doctors or government bureaucrats....I would take risks say felling a tree to build something, but not in sport, not anymore.
To play contrarian here: Doing something that makes you more healthy, provides you mental and physical relief and has a slight chance of injury should not be engaged with for fear of the possibility of getting injured?

I gotta say I completely disagree with this mentality. It comes off like living in fear and we are commanded to be not afraid. One cannot live in a bubble and find false sense of security by not engaging in the world.

Obviously don't go soliciting danger in a reckless manner, but engaging in things you enjoy and provide you happiness are part of the gifts from God.

I guess everyone has to asses their own level of risk acceptance... but for me, there is zero way I would give up something like weightlifting or running or whatever my hobby was for fear of the unknown. Totally incompatible with the way I was made and whom I have become. Might as well just buy into the Church of Vaxiology with that line of thinking.

oldfaith

Robin
Orthodox
To play contrarian here: Doing something that makes you more healthy, provides you mental and physical relief and has a slight chance of injury should not be engaged with for fear of the possibility of getting injured?

I gotta say I completely disagree with this mentality. It comes off like living in fear and we are commanded to be not afraid. One cannot live in a bubble and find false sense of security by not engaging in the world.

Obviously don't go soliciting danger in a reckless manner, but engaging in things you enjoy and provide you happiness are part of the gifts from God.

I guess everyone has to asses their own level of risk acceptance... but for me, there is zero way I would give up something like weightlifting or running or whatever my hobby was for fear of the unknown. Totally incompatible with the way I was made and whom I have become. Might as well just buy into the Church of Vaxiology with that line of thinking.

Weightlifting, I guess you meant oly lifting. I do weightlifting but don't do snatches now.
Running...unless it's some extreme trail running or running along busy road don't see any danger in it.
Wouldn't run by busy road or road with poor visibility, lots of careless drivers on drugs out there, plus breathing the fumes isn't healthy.
Years ago I was hit by a barbell on my neck and was lucky to be alive and not paralyzed.

Anyway, I've done some truly risky sports, not like running or weightlifting that you mention... I'm talking stuff like free climbing (without a rope) now think body is a temple and by risking one goes against God, not supposed to put the temple under unnecessary risks.
One doesn't own their body, only has one body and by risking it they are not doing a right thing.
Fancy sports often are needed if one doesn't do enough physical work.
I don't care for risky sports anymore, think it's "surrogate activities" like one well-known guy had put it.

Elipe

Pelican
A group like this is going to trend towards under reporting. Men tend to handle problems directly instead of invoking authority.
There have been times when I'd look askance at a post, but decide to not report it because I didn't think it was really worth getting the person banned over. People slip up, such as when they occasionally drop a F-bomb. I've DMed people before as well, to tell them to edit their post to clean up their language.

I'm probably the most prolific reporter on the forum, but even I restrain my itchy trigger finger on the report button. That's just how men roll. This ain't Twitter where everybody is a rules lawyer looking for the slightest excuse to report someone and get them banned.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Mountain biking? With everything going on, you’re going… mountain biking?
What happens when you break your leg? Where do you get sent?
And who has been refusing service for declining a particular medication?
Sure… enjoy your mountain biking!
I thought you were being sarcastic. Fitness is one of the best things you can do to improve your immunity. I have done mountain biking before, and it didn't strike me as an overly dangerous sport. I just DuckDuckGo'd "Is mountain biking dangerous?" and the response that came back is that it is less dangerous than most team sports like baseball, flag football, or basketball.

Mikeinbc, I'm happy to hear that you're getting out there on your bike during all the fascist madness in your province. Please, keep it up. In fact, if you have more time because of the lockdowns, do even more of it. Crank that bike up and down all the mountains in BC. Enter some mountain bike races. Enjoy nature and breathe the fresh air. If you come down with COVID-19, go for a bike ride then tell your normie friends that you did 50 km in the mountains while infected. It will blow their minds.

MeaningfulMan

Woodpecker
Yeah that’s what I was getting at… but really, it’s no good to live in fear of these things.
I would just hate to see one of us stuck in a position where we have a serious injury and everybody refuse service.
It’s probably better to do the things you love, than live in fear of the risk.

Weightlifting, I guess you meant oly lifting. I do weightlifting but don't do snatches now.
Running...unless it's some extreme trail running or running along busy road don't see any danger in it.
Wouldn't run by busy road or road with poor visibility, lots of careless drivers on drugs out there, plus breathing the fumes isn't healthy.
Years ago I was hit by a barbell on my neck and was lucky to be alive and not paralyzed.

Anyway, I've done some truly risky sports, not like running or weightlifting that you mention... I'm talking stuff like free climbing (without a rope) now think body is a temple and by risking one goes against God, not supposed to put the temple under unnecessary risks.
One doesn't own their body, only has one body and by risking it they are not doing a right thing.
Fancy sports often are needed if one doesn't do enough physical work.
I don't care for risky sports anymore, think it's "surrogate activities" like one well-known guy had put it.
Free climbing has to potentially be one of the riskiest sports there is.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Well today the attack on the unvaxxed has begun here in Romania. I am not allowed to:

Leave the house between 10:00pm and 05:00am (the virus is extra agressive at night).
Enter malls, restaurants, etc.
Enter public institutions and firms.
Go to a wedding or such events.

Two out of three are not vaccinated here, imagine how many people are not allowed to go to work or go shopping and what an impact this will have on the economy.

Schools are closed, masks are mandatory inside and outside. They say it is just for one month, but we all know how that goes.
I know this old lady who is super anti-vax and she has her own little business where she does paperwork for people, like importpapers for cars and such, and this is done in public/governmental buildings so she will be having zero income, while she still has to pay the rent for her office. She's not taking the vax no matter what, but i guess millions of people here are in the same situation and are not strong enough to resist the poison.
There are long lines at the vaxx locations now (apearantly 360,000 got the jab in the last 72 hours).

I suspect the last country standing in the EU (Bulgaria) is next on the list of the criminal EU tyrants.
What about gyms?

mikeinbc

Chicken
Mountain biking? With everything going on, you’re going… mountain biking?
What happens when you break your leg? Where do you get sent?
And who has been refusing service for declining a particular medication?
Sure… enjoy your mountain biking!
I didn't realize mountain biking would cause such a stir. :cool: I've been riding the bike for over 20 years without a single broken bone. Thank you Lord. At this point, I fully understand the equation of risk vs reward. I work harder than 95% of Normies through the week & biking gives me the stress relief required to live a balanced life. Yet, I still have time to troll the Normies on YouTube & get the message of truth out into the world. So get out there & enjoy God's creation, nature. Whether that involves hiking, biking, or walking. It is sublime.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
I didn't realize mountain biking would cause such a stir. :cool: I've been riding the bike for over 20 years without a single broken bone. Thank you Lord. At this point, I fully understand the equation of risk vs reward. I work harder than 95% of Normies through the week & biking gives me the stress relief required to live a balanced life. Yet, I still have time to troll the Normies on YouTube & get the message of truth out into the world. So get out there & enjoy God's creation, nature. Whether that involves hiking, biking, or walking. It is sublime.
Keep doing it.

Let the scared people eat soy.

WhiteWolf

Woodpecker
What about gyms?
I'm not sure but even if i'm allowed in, masks are mandatory inside and outside...working out with a mask? No thanks.

Anyway the amounth of fearmongering in the local and international media is insane. They say Romania is one big slaughterhouse because of the ignorance of the unvaxxed. There is no other country in the world that has this many daily deaths from covid they say, if only the people had more trust in the government and vaccines, this would not be happening they say LOL.
Vax rate has gone from 25% to 30% and they expect it to be 70% before the end of this year.

Last edited:

02Hero

Robin
Quite interesting.

In a way if it is true the virus has been created as a bioweapon - then it is like a way to funnel people into the QR app/totalitarian/digitalitarian system. People get scared from the virus, which yes could potentially kill you if you are old, fat or unhealthy otherwise. Then they are funneled into taking vaccines (incl. the multiple boosters) until they are grinded down. Low conciousness, sick, slavish, etc.

The ones who survive this cycle are weakened and oblige the system.

So yes the unvaccinated are absolutely a danger to this system. Since they will avoid this cycle and keep their health and conciousness to an OK level. In a way the unvaccinated are the warrior class then. The only ones who can change society.

And thus will be treated as a threat.

Grow Bag

Pelican
Don't worry mate, I ride a motorbike and have had a few broken bones. A life without risk isn't much of a life, so I'll keep riding and leave my safety to the Lord.