Could this be the tipping point for Illinois?

Stadtaffe

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
I recently passed through Vienna, and noticed they have gay traffic lights:

Less conspicuous than a rainbow crossing but it is still an unnecessary message when you are trying to cross a road.

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian
A serious point is what do people in high tax states get for their money? I lived in an average city in Indiana and while the city is not impressive, it did have an excellent library with good hours. The worst high school still had a 80% graduation rate and all of the other ones had graduation rates over 90%. The local museums were small but affordable and good for the size and the roads were OK (except for a crappy sewer system which means flooded roads in heavy rains). This city is safer than Chicago and has better schools. Chicago museums may be impressive but they are very expensive meaning most families can't afford them (making them useless). Chicago has worse traffic as well and very expensive parking fees and tons of toll highways (while my former city had plenty of free parking in downtown). All of the highways in my area were free to use and Indiana only has one toll highway (which is easy to avoid if you don't mind going slower). Chicago also has a lot more homeless people meaning that the funds must not be going to solve the homeless problem.

Chicago residents pay high taxes but what special things are they getting for their money? The only thing special about the Chicago region that I know of (regarding benefits paid with high taxes) is that they have a good forest preserve system and state parks are free.

Illinois is awful and corrupt and will only get worse as good people move away. We should judge states by the governors they elect because this means a majority of the people there have bad values. Wisconsin and Michigan chose mini-dictators and until they choose better leaders, these states with plenty of natural beauty should not be considered as good places to live. We know Minnesota is awful as well. I feel bad for these states because the rural areas of these states are very different from the large cities and college towns there.

unit414

Robin
Illinois is the worst state in the midwest, and one of the worst in the country. The whole state is largely at the mercy of the liberal Chicago metro area... just as the Twin Cities control Minnesota, and NYC controls the whole state of NY. Decent Whites are moving out, and of course the vacuum will be filled by non-white immigrants and black birthrates, which will amplify all the problems.

Wisconsin was mentioned in post above. That state is not hopelessly liberal like neighboring IL and MN. But it is bi-polar. Bouncing back and forth between liberal and conservative governors, and the congressmen are a mixed bag. The city of Madison is liberal to the point of mental illness.

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian
Illinois is the worst state in the midwest, and one of the worst in the country. The whole state is largely at the mercy of the liberal Chicago metro area... just as the Twin Cities control Minnesota, and NYC controls the whole state of NY. Decent Whites are moving out, and of course the vacuum will be filled by non-white immigrants and black birthrates, which will amplify all the problems.

Wisconsin was mentioned in post above. That state is not hopelessly liberal like neighboring IL and MN. But it is bi-polar. Bouncing back and forth between liberal and conservative governors, and the congressmen are a mixed bag. The city of Madison is liberal to the point of mental illness.
I actually thought Wisconsin would be a nice place to live. However, Tony Evers and his Covid-19 policies changed my mind. The Kenosha riots also showed that people in the state are pretty liberal even when the city is less than 10% black. The state would be nicer if the southern 1/3 of the state were transferred to Illinois.

Wisconsin also has high taxes. The state overall seems more attractive versus Illinois though and I would definitely choose it over Minnesota or Michigan or Illinois. I found a chart about state rankings which is a good starting point. Illinois and Minnesota fared poorly (to no surprise). New York, Hawaii, and California rank the worst. To bad they don't have a newer one that includes covid-19 restrictions. States that had quarantines and curfews are extremely totalitarian in my eyes. Michigan should not be ranked so well these days.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
I make relatively frequent trips back to Chicagoland / Illinois (at least once every couple months, sometimes even a bit more)...

I've noticed that the drivers on the highways have gotten loonier. The construction projects are going crazy & there are nutjobs speeding like madmen & weaving. Might have to look into alternate routes at times to avoid these thugs that are on the road.

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian

Before I would have said the police officer was weak until one sees the risk of using tough force against criminals. Who wants to get fired, be branded as a racist, or possibly go to prison to defend a city that chooses leaders like Mayor Lightfoot?

It is all about collecting a paycheck and trying to survive until it is time to get the pension. Forget about pride in the job or cleaning up the streets. The police are demoralized. I can't blame them.

This makes one think of what happened to soldiers loyal to the Czar or Chiang Kaishek after the communists took over. These cops know that a new order is here and one better stay on the side of the leftists or face serious consequences.

MKE-Ed

Woodpecker
Catholic

The crime in Chicago is rapidly getting out of control. I am very familiar with that area in Chicago and it’s actually not that bad of an area. That area has a big population of Ukrainian and Polish immigrants and it has a lower crime rate than most areas of Chicago. Furthermore, a lot of Chicago police officers live in that area as well. The intersection where this incident took place is called Six Corners. Sadly, the area is starting to change.

All those hood rat types are coming to this area now because it’s become common knowledge that the Chicago Police Dept has recently pulled a large number of police officers from that district to other districts in the city. The two police districts that cover that area, 16 & 17, have been thinned out to a point that there are nights when there are only three squad cars to cover these two districts. The 17th district is the largest police district in the city that also covers O’ Hare airport.

This has drawn all of the cultural enrichers to this area .They are taking advantage of the thinned out level of police coverage. Another thing with these people is that many are actively monitoring the Chicago police Dept radio system on scanner radios to avoid capture. The police have now started to encrypt their radio system and will complete this within the next two months according to people that I know that work for CPD.

When you see this type of behavior, you begin to realize that American cities have become dysfunctional and add the fact that ghetto hood culture has now become mainstream, this leads to total anarchy.

Last edited:

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
There was a shooting at a 4th of July parade in the affluent North Shore suburb of Chicago, Highland Park. Details are still developing but this story is all over the national news & I'm hearing 5 dead, 19 hospitalized.

Last edited:

presidentcarter

Ostrich
Protestant
Gold Member
There was a shooting at a 4th of July parade in the affluent North Shore suburb of Chicago, Highland Park. Details are still developing but this story is all over the national news & I'm hearing 5 dead, 19 hospitalized.
Look at the caption for this photo from the Chicago Suntimes. A bit Freudian don't you think? Especially considering that they claim to have already recovered the rifle.

Attachments

• chiphoto.png
    chiphoto.png
    582.2 KB · Views: 36

stugatz

Pelican
Catholic
There are "F**k the Fourth" protests planned all across the country today. I wonder if this guy was upset about the recent overturning of Roe v. Wade.

Monty_Brogan

Woodpecker
Gold Member
There are "F**k the Fourth" protests planned all across the country today. I wonder if this guy was upset about the recent overturning of Roe v. Wade.
Roe v Wade. Cmon. He was a “rapper” and another word that starts with a W and ends w a R.

This was has kill whitey all over it. RIP to all those up poor souls.

We should be one of the strongest States in the Union but sadly its been run into the ground. I don’t think we have seen nothing yet.

presidentcarter

Ostrich
Protestant
Gold Member
Another odd observation:

The article says he's still on the run...armed and dangerous...call the fbi if you've seen him...

Then the caption of this photo in the same article...

Attachments

• illphoto.png
    illphoto.png
    459.7 KB · Views: 26

homersheineken

Pelican
Protestant
The crime in Chicago is rapidly getting out of control. I am very familiar with that area in Chicago and it’s actually not that bad of an area. That area has a big population of Ukrainian and Polish immigrants and it has a lower crime rate than most areas of Chicago. Furthermore, a lot of Chicago police officers live in that area as well. The intersection where this incident took place is called Six Corners. Sadly, the area is starting to change.

All those hood rat types are coming to this area now because it’s become common knowledge that the Chicago Police Dept has recently pulled a large number of police officers from that district to other districts in the city. The two police districts that cover that area, 16 & 17, have been thinned out to a point that there are nights when there are only three squad cars to cover these two districts. The 17th district is the largest police district in the city that also covers O’ Hare airport.

This has drawn all of the cultural enrichers to this area .They are taking advantage of the thinned out level of police coverage. Another thing with these people is that many are actively monitoring the Chicago police Dept radio system on scanner radios to avoid capture. The police have now started to encrypt their radio system and will complete this within the next two months according to people that I know that work for CPD.

When you see this type of behavior, you begin to realize that American cities have become dysfunctional and add the fact that ghetto hood culture has now become mainstream, this leads to total anarchy.
Even if they wanted to, the police can't do anything:

Chicago police no longer allowed to chase people for running away, minor crimes​

----
But the CPD made their bed when they decided to protect the mayor after she/it/whatever threw them under the bus and called for police defunded. They played themselves and are now in danger.