Courting Women In The Time Of Covid

Salinger

Woodpecker
This is the worst time to be a single man.

How are you supposed to meet women these days during a pandemic? If you thought it was hard to approach women in the streets before, it seems like an exercise in futility now. The ones that wear masks present the problem of hitting on a woman you may not even find pretty once the mask comes off. And the ones that aren't wearing one don't necessarily want to have a stranger walk up close to them and start talking.

But let's say I do find a pretty girl who isn't wearing a mask and doesn't mind me walking up and starting a conversation. And let's say I'm crazy enough to make an approach. Do I wear my mask? Do I not? Do I show her I'm attractive from afar before donning that thing and walking up to her?

I suppose that I will soon reach the point where I no longer care...a point where my loneliness and depression outweigh the anxiety and fear of catching this super flu. And maybe the girl will feel this way too and allow me to approach. Maybe we even hit it off and I get her number. What then? I may feel it's a worthwhile gamble to take my chances around her...but how are we supposed to date when I don't have the same guts when it comes to going out to public places?

We surley can't stay in and Netflix every week. At some point, she'll want to go out. And I will be filled with anxiety at the thought of doing so, mask or no mask. After all, I'm an older man who is more at risk than the younger woman I plan to date. And when I think of this, I'm left with the opinion that you either need to throw caution to the wind and go all the way, or you stay put in your home for who knows how long as you fight off the depression and loneliness of not having any contact with women.

What are you other men doing right now, and which path have you chosen?

andy dufresne

Kingfisher
We surley can't stay in and Netflix every week. At some point, she'll want to go out. And I will be filled with anxiety at the thought of doing so, mask or no mask. After all, I'm an older man who is more at risk than the younger woman I plan to date. And when I think of this, I'm left with the opinion that you either need to throw caution to the wind and go all the way, or you stay put in your home for who knows how long as you fight off the depression and loneliness of not having any contact with women.

Risk of what? The fake flu? I don't want to be a dinkus but come on....man up!

Salinger

Woodpecker
He did say he was an older guy - maybe hasn't been on the dating scene in a while? OP, what's your story - lifelong bachelor?

Yes, lifelong bachelor who was always horrible at approaching and talking in the club scene. Thankfully, I left that a few years ago.

Now, I spend most of my time getting to know women in church groups. However, those have been put on pause during Covid.

I think this is a bit like someone asking about the best way to play that lottery where you can win a flight to the Moon when there aren't many flights going there now.

The answer is that you shouldn't play a game with such bad odds to begin with. It's just a complete waste of time when you could focus on doing something more productive.

The return of investment for "daygame" wasn't even good back in the day for guys trying to sleep with them and it's not like women have turned less hypergamous etc. since and the chances of finding a wife this way will be even worse.

Salinger

Woodpecker
No offence meant but you came to this forum to share your anxiety regarding the wu-flu and mask-wearing under the guise of picking up a lady on the streets? And you're as you say an older guy? First of all man up and take your cloth diaper off and look in a mirror.

Maybe you feel comfortable being around large groups of people right now...but some of us don't.

Don't wear a mask period. You're doing yourself an enormous disservice by doing so. Do you really want to attract a woman who's succumbed to fear and can't think for herself? Find a like-minded woman and by not wearing a mask you'll automatically exclude those not compatible.

I disagree.
You place women equally reasonable as men in this stance... Which isn't the case.
They're not logical. They're emotional. We as men are meant to lead them out of this darkness. Now if they freakout and start screaming at you, then that's not something you wanna salvage... So walk away

Alpone

Woodpecker
You expect to find a wife doing street approaches?

My cousin met his wife doing street approaches in NYC - a girl from a solid family with a good career.

There's no approach-style or venue monopoly on where you can find a good woman.

SlickyBoy

Ostrich
To some extent, Delicious Tacos was right when he said (his language, not mine): "p---y is a crime of opportunity - it comes down to venue and logistics" in a recent tweet.

While I wouldn't start looking for a church with the hottest parishioners, there is something to be said for the law of averages. While avoiding the night clubs is a good idea, staying locked up inside wont help you find whoever it is that's meant to be in your life.

Bizet

Woodpecker
Have you tried dating apps?

Bumble and Hinge allow you to filter for religion - it means you can choose to only be shown women who identify as Christians or Catholics.

Although, just because they say they're Christian, it doesn't mean they actually are.