COVID Passport thread

Some ideas:
- send yourself an email about your family member being in a hospital in some faraway country, where they don't speak English much, or Nan being sick needing your help at home
- buy therapeutic health resort stay, can be 1 day, in Eastern Europe, Turkey, Mexico, etc, there's whole industry in some places, that's your medical treatment or you can just book a medical appointment online for some imaginary condition
- either buy "employer's letter" from some "Hooves and Horns Limited" or just write yourself a letter
- book a local language course somewhere, travel obviously necessary for language immersion
Have a friend issuing you a service request letter from a foreign company needing your work / services for like a month or so.

Once again Abbot demonstrated he is behind the DeSantis powercurve on messaging and freedoms.
I would love to be able to move to Florida, but I do not have the 1M $ needed for investment and for PR. Anyone knows of other ways being able to move to USA. I have some savings, and online income from work.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
6f3e5db897fe6cb9.png

Tippy

Sparrow
Mexico, Dubai, Tanzania, Turkey, Brazil and for the US folks (and very rich foreigners who can afford the 1M investment ticket to USA) Florida

Interesting. I didn't know about Turkey!

I've already applied to some places. Mexico might be okay as well. I just also feel like I guess there is something to the security of being in my home country and close to family and I might have an enormous breakdown from the stress of the new place (this has happened to me before when I moved to a new country where I knew nobody). Once I'm there...then what? Maybe I'd want to come back and not be able to due to expensive hotel stays or new vaccine rules and what not.

I trust my intuition - my instinct tells me something awful is happening and I cannot ignore that.

I also have made the mistake of going my own way and cutting myself off from support before - with bad results. It's difficult for me to decide.

aynrus

Kingfisher

I've already applied to some places. Mexico might be okay as well. I just also feel like I guess there is something to the security of being in my home country and close to family and I might have an enormous breakdown from the stress of the new place (this has happened to me before when I moved to a new country where I knew nobody). Once I'm there...then what? Maybe I'd want to come back and not be able to due to expensive hotel stays or new vaccine rules and what not.

I trust my intuition - my instinct tells me something awful is happening and I cannot ignore that.

I also have made the mistake of going my own way and cutting myself off from support before - with bad results. It's difficult for me to decide.
As far as I know Turkey had serious tracking system in place for citizens/residents earlier in 2020 and one couldn't even get on a bus without scanning a code and getting a permit to travel.
In Istanbul, the HES code system is in place right now.

Sounds like Chinese system:
According to a circular issued by Turkey's Interior Ministry, the cards used for subways and public buses will be paired with the unique code that will determine a person's likelihood of having caught the COVID-19 infection.

Those transportation cards in Istanbul that are not matched with the HES code will be invalid as of Friday.

High-risk passengers will not be allowed to board.

Yep... I'm considering moving to a country that's on the red list, and who knows, I could imagine them dictating that anyone entering the UK will have to be vaxxed.

There was some MP calling for anyone leaving the UK to have a mandatory upgrade shot before they do, too.

My attitude is if that's how they're going to treat their citizens, they can have the passport back.

At some point this all has too fall though, and until then, best out of it I'd say.

Tippy

Sparrow
Yep... I'm considering moving to a country that's on the red list, and who knows, I could imagine them dictating that anyone entering the UK will have to be vaxxed.

There was some MP calling for anyone leaving the UK to have a mandatory upgrade shot before they do, too.

My attitude is if that's how they're going to treat their citizens, they can have the passport back.

At some point this all has too fall though, and until then, best out of it I'd say.

When you say 'best out of it' do you mean 'out of the country' or just lie low and hope it crumbles?

I feel like there is stronger resistance for this than the lockdowns by far.