COVID Passport thread

Easy_C

Peacock
Not just that, more, ACLU and other leftist groups had just sued Clearview AI over collection of images for facial recognition, so they hit right at one of the big goals of Big Tech, total facial recognition surveillance like in Israel now, pulling the race angle among other things.

This particular aspect is still odd. It’s conjecture but ACLU’s moves seem strategic and not just ideologically motivated.

aynrus

Banned
This particular aspect is still odd. It’s conjecture but ACLU’s moves seem strategic and not just ideologically motivated.
Well here's another one from ACLU - "Say no to cashless stores"

Seems like they also want to go after surveillance by AI/robots, such as camera spying on employees and they openly say it'll be applied to everyone eventually/total surveillance.
https://www.aclu.org/news/privacy-t...s-placed-under-robot-surveillance-microscope/

Last edited:

Max Roscoe

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
This is about creating digital internal passports.

This is for two reasons: to track you, and to control where you go.

They may even allow people to refuse the vaccine on religious grounds and still get the passport - what matters to them is that you consent to be tracked. They will tell you that since you don't have the vaccine, and they oh so respect your religious freedom, they just need to track you extra carefully so they can contact trace you - since you are so high risk. That jab refusal will also be black mark on your social credit.
^^ totally gets it.
So many are obsessed with getting a religious exemption, or faking a vaccine card or otherwise not getting the shot.

Finding a "loophole" that gets you out of taking the jab is not any sort of victory over them. If anything at all, you have placed yourself on a list for more intense scrutiny by the powers that be. It's not about getting a jab in you ( or at least not this initial one which is probably not going to harm* or sterilize you the way a future shot will). It is about tracking and controlling you.

* The vaccine is certainly harmful and is killing a lot of people, and an mRNA shot which is not vaccine is uncharted territory which I consider highly dangerous but at this point it's not a mass plan to injure people with a harmful jab, it's just about control.

Christopher J

Banned
^^ totally gets it.
So many are obsessed with getting a religious exemption, or faking a vaccine card or otherwise not getting the shot.

Finding a "loophole" that gets you out of taking the jab is not any sort of victory over them. If anything at all, you have placed yourself on a list for more intense scrutiny by the powers that be. It's not about getting a jab in you ( or at least not this initial one which is probably not going to harm* or sterilize you the way a future shot will). It is about tracking and controlling you.

* The vaccine is certainly harmful and is killing a lot of people, and an mRNA shot which is not vaccine is uncharted territory which I consider highly dangerous but at this point it's not a mass plan to injure people with a harmful jab, it's just about control.
Precisely. And it's the same with masks or social distancing. Consider the opposite of control is freedom, and freedom comes from the inside. We aren't free because any law says we are free. We are free when we know we are free, and act accordingly.
A few months ago I was in the lobby outside a few various businesses. I was talking a friend. My friend had a mask on and I did not. A lady walked up to me and asked "where is your mask?" I didn't say anything, just a blank stare, then went back to conversing with my friend. She angrily says "so no reason, you're just not wearing it?" This time I still didn't say anything but nodded yes, and she walked away. For me, not wearing a mask means nothing. I usually wear it to stores and such. The victory isn't in not wearing a mask, just as the victory isn't in not getting the vaccine. The victory lies within us, when we simply carry about our lives, and with faith in God peacefully accept whatever consequences arise from that.

aynrus

Banned
Florida executive order:

STATE OF FLORIDA
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 21-81
(Prohibiting COVID-19 Vaccine Passports)
WHEREAS, Florida seeks to ensure that every Floridian who desires a COVID-19 vaccine
can obtain one, but such vaccines will not be mandated; and

WHEREAS, no COVID-19 vaccine is required by law; and

WHEREAS, individual COVID-19 vaccination records are private health information
which should not be shared by mandate; and

WHEREAS, so-called COVID-19 vaccine passports reduce individual freedom and will
harm patient privacy; and

WHEREAS, requiring so-called COVID-19 vaccine passports for taking part in everyday
life—such as attending a sporting event, patronizing a restaurant, or going to a movie theater-
would create two classes of citizens based on vaccination; and

WHEREAS, it is necessary to protect the fundamental rights and privacies of Floridians
and the free flow of commerce within the state.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, RON DESANTIS, as Governor of Florida, by virtue of the
authority vested in me by Article IV, Section 1(a) of the Florida Constitution and by the Florida
Emergency Management Act, as amended, and all other applicable laws, promulgate the following
Executive Order:

Section 1. No Florida government entity, or its subdivisions, agents, or assigns, shall be
permitted to issue vaccine passports, vaccine passes, or other standardized documentation for the
purpose of certifying an individual's COVID-19 vaccination status to a third party, or otherwise
publish or share any individual's COVID-19 vaccination record or similar health information.

Section 2. Businesses in Florida are prohibited from requiring patrons or customers to
provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-transmission recovery to
gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business.

Section 3. All executive agencies under my direction shall work to ensure businesses
comply with this order. Any provision of Florida Statutes is hereby suspended solely to the extent
it restricts a Florida agency from requiring compliance with this order as a condition for a license,
permit, or other state authorization necessary for conducting business in Florida.

Section 4. All businesses must comply with this order to be eligible for grants or contracts
funded through state revenue.

aynrus

Banned
Terrifying stuff from Bejing, the scale on which they're deploying QR codes tracking - it's total:

They're tracked on every step in their life now, entering any building/business, park, transport. That's what Biden wants (well, the empty shell called Biden)

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Very optimistic right now regarding the vaccine passports. I think if even a third of people and a small fraction of states refuse to play along the entire scheme will fail. One of my main concerns is people faking their passport or vaccine credentials which gives the system most of what they want anyways as far as control goes. My point of view may be skewed as I'm working at a large facility right now with workers who are 95+% male, mostly "conservative" libertarian types. Mask compliance here is under 10 percent.

Christopher J

Banned
Terrifying stuff from Bejing, the scale on which they're deploying QR codes tracking - it's total:

They're tracked on every step in their life now, entering any building/business, park, transport. That's what Biden wants (well, the empty shell called Biden)

Brutal. Thank you for sharing. And I applaud the author for his honesty. This is Book of Revelation type stuff.

I do want to say though, that there is a whole underground culture in China, comprised mostly of Christians, where people are finding ways to survive without the app or the vaccine. I get snippets here and there, but of course they are underground so we won't hear all that good news. China has something like 300 million Christians and they are ON FIRE because they've been persecuted for years, and persecution is a purifier. When this stuff comes to the US, which of course is not far off, it will simply separate the boys from the men, the true believers from the posers. In other words, it is good to know what the enemy is up to, but if we have God, we have no reason to fear!

Last edited:

Christopher J

Banned
Very optimistic right now regarding the vaccine passports. I think if even a third of people and a small fraction of states refuse to play along the entire scheme will fail. One of my main concerns is people faking their passport or vaccine credentials which gives the system most of what they want anyways as far as control goes. My point of view may be skewed as I'm working at a large facility right now with workers who are 95+% male, mostly "conservative" libertarian types. Mask compliance here is under 10 percent.
Totally. We need to stop devising ways to "game" the system and simply get better at saying "yes" to God and "no" to Satan, and not caring what people think.

Christopher J

Banned
DeSantis just signed executive order against vaxx passports:

I like Desantis as much as the next guy but we also want to be careful not to pin our hopes on him or anyone else. I'm reminded of Roosh's fantastic article "President Joe Biden is a blessing", thst Biden is a blessing not because he is good as he is obviously pushing straight evil, but because he is forcing men to rise up and do God's work ourselves. Desantis, like Trump, is doing a good job, but we need all hands on deck. We all need to be the change. I'm as guilty as anyone but I'm trending forward, two steps forward one step back.

SeekingTruth

Kingfisher
Catholic
Totally. We need to stop devising ways to "game" the system and simply get better at saying "yes" to God and "no" to Satan, and not caring what people think.
Right. Also, gaming the system will only last so long. Eventually they will find a way to outgame the gamers and the dissident population you could have had at the beginning is now completely diminished.

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
Catholic
Looks like the Boris Johnson UK Prime Minister will be unveiling a Vaccine Passport plan on Monday.

Speaking during a visit to Middlesbrough, the PM said to reporters:
“There’s definitely going to be a world in which international travel will use vaccine passports.
“You can see already that other countries, the aviation industry, are interested in this and there’s a logic to that.”

What would a vaccine passport entail?
Vaccine passports have been described as “immunity certificates” with the idea that a person could show a piece of paper, or information on an app, to certify that they had either been:
-Vaccinated against coronavirus
-Had a recent negative test result
-Had natural antibodies after contracting coronavirus

The idea has been floated as a way to allow people to safely return to hospitality venues like pubs, as well as allowing safer international travel

FlattenCurve.jpg

Christopher J

Banned
Right. Also, gaming the system will only last so long. Eventually they will find a way to outgame the gamers and the dissident population you could have had at the beginning is now completely diminished.
Exactly. We all take shortcuts from time to time. But only going straight through really changes things. For some reason I thought of a scene from the movie The Beaver. Mel Gibson plays a guy who's depressed and about to give up until this scene happens. Talking to himself through a puppet beaver, he realizes he's been trying to put a bandaid on a broken bone. It's a good analogy for what we are going to need to survive this pLandemic with our souls intact. Stop thinking so small and completely destroy our old way of thinking.

Last edited:

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
4151432c99abef06.png

Source

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

Illinois-slide-1.jpg

Illinois-slide-2.jpg

@aaronsibarium thread continue
==========
The app was pioneered by the University of Illinois, which apparently tried to sell Biden on scaling up the school's contact tracing system. It records test results and Bluetooth data to determine who has been exposed to the virus—and "links building access" to that information.

ExuqPPoWQAEIS3B

The system resembles the one being used in China, where a mandatory app gives each user a "health status"—green, yellow, or red—that dictates access to public spaces. The University of Illinois app likewise divides users into three categories: yellow, orange, and red.

ExurXhgXAAESkC7

The proposal would amount to a more extreme version of so-called vaccine passports. Those passports collect less information and use a less granular classification scheme than the University of Illinois app, meaning they pose relatively fewer risks to civil liberties.

ExusAjGXEAAcohY

The proposal also threatens to exclude far more Americans from public life than measures like voter ID laws, which progressives have decried as the "new Jim Crow." Only 11% of Americans do not have a government-issued ID, whereas 19% don't own a smartphone.
ExusmP1XMAMIb-V

Exusr4qWYAQLmlV

The system could have enabled faster reopenings at lower risk, without centralizing surveillance in the hands of the federal government. But it would likely have encouraged a form of decentralized surveillance among businesses and local bureaucrats, which poses its own threats.

ExutoTzW8AENH8r

In order to be effective, the app requires widespread participation—meaning local institutions would have a strong incentive to mandate it, even if they weren't technically required to. That could be the beginning of a kind of social credit system.

ExuumPNXMAcGtQK

The app collects less data, and has more built-in privacy protections, than some other systems. And with over a sixth of the population fully vaccinated, Biden seems to have left it on the chopping block.

But whether it stays there in future crises is an open question.

ExuxUabWQAALfYC

==========

Last edited: