COVID Passport thread

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Sigh.

47873451-9987291-The_Premier_League_s_Covid_health_protocols_and_rules_are_the_mo-a-18_1631570819177.jpg

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
In the NL testing or vax is mandatory in hotels/restaurants, all events etc. Hotels/restaurants say many are not going to enforce, but let's see. I do think that for sport games/cinema it is easier to enforce as you enter through a narrow place where they can more easy control you at the gate. Restaurants are way more diffuse, and entrepreneurs and waiters are done too after all the nonsense they have had to put up with.

Easy_C

Peacock
I think the most significant white pill is that we’re starting to see some resistance emerging among the managerial class. There’s an increasing number for whom all of this is a bridge too far and we’re starting to see some cracks. For example the Atlantic has published a number of pieces which are scathing against the narrative (for example, one documenting how the hospital COVID cases are massively inflated because anyone who tests positive after coming in for something unrelated is counted).

Thomas More

Hummingbird
I think the most significant white pill is that we’re starting to see some resistance emerging among the managerial class. There’s an increasing number for whom all of this is a bridge too far and we’re starting to see some cracks. For example the Atlantic has published a number of pieces which are scathing against the narrative (for example, one documenting how the hospital COVID cases are massively inflated because anyone who tests positive after coming in for something unrelated is counted).
It looks to me that the new cases from this current "wave" are on the down trend. This current "wave" is not even very big compared to the previous ones. Normies will soon be asking "This is what all the hype was about?"

Easy_C

Peacock
It looks to me that the new cases from this current "wave" are on the down trend. This current "wave" is not even very big compared to the previous ones. Normies will soon be asking "This is what all the hype was about?"

Even those are significantly inflated. One of my roles involves business side support for a regional healthcare system (Red state and rural, but this system covers a large geographical are of a few farmland counties and the hub towns (20-60k population in those towns).

The CEO put out a note to address those numbers that summarized it better than I can: The reported COVID numbers don't accurately reflect reality. While there is an uptick in admissions, the big driver is people either coming in for delayed procedures or being hospitalized for complications resulting from having procedures delayed. When those people are admitted many of them are asymptomatic but test positive when tested during their admission screening. Those patients are then considered "COVID hospitalizations" for statistical purposes.

When you have the CEO coming out and saying "The numbers are bunk, and everything isn't a disaster" you know it's bad.

Tippy

Woodpecker

I'm sure it's not as much as some demographics but I spoke with more than a few white collar professionals who are choosing to be fired due to the mandates. I'm sure the corporations won't care but my guess is it'll be more than we expect.

Easy_C

Peacock
And, as Torba points out, it's going to cripple those companies because those refusers tend to be weight pullers.

This will impact the large corporations less because they tend to recruit from Ivy League schools and top-20 ranked business schools, where the talent pool is already heavily selected for compliance and conformity.

I'm already seeing some indications in hospital industry publications (e.g. Becker's) hinting at but refusing to admit outright that the industry is freaking out because the quitting will force them to shut down entire locations and departments.

SeekingTruth

Woodpecker
And, as Torba points out, it's going to cripple those companies because those refusers tend to be weight pullers.

This will impact the large corporations less because they tend to recruit from Ivy League schools and top-20 ranked business schools, where the talent pool is already heavily selected for compliance and conformity.

I'm already seeing some indications in hospital industry publications (e.g. Becker's) hinting at but refusing to admit outright that the industry is freaking out because the quitting will force them to shut down entire locations and departments.

Henry Ford Health System temporarily closes 120 inpatient beds because of staffing challenges​

Pointy Elbows

Robin
Orthodox
I'm pleasantly surprised to hear this from Atlantic. Atlantic is a leftie leader publication. This is a long way from turning the tide, but it is time the other side gets some seeds of doubt. They have been awfully sure of themselves all along.