Kingfisher
Non-Christian
992706f8acf4857b.jpeg
Wouldn't that be a blessing?

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

Senate bill would require states to mandate voter ID along with vaccine passport​

As lawmakers in the DMV consider mandating vaccine passports, a new senate bill would require them to also make voters prove who they are when they vote.

The legislation is the idea of Republican Sen. Kevin Cramer of North Dakota who says if a state forces people to prove their vaccination status, they should also have to prove who they are when they go to vote.

Sen. Cramer says he wants to point out the hypocrisy in Democrats who support vaccine passports but oppose voter IDs.

"It seems just logical that if I had to show Bill Deblasio something that’s personal and private just to have a steak dinner in New York City, the least he should do is require people to prove they are who they say they are before they take on the very important responsibility of voting," says Sen. Cramer.

Incoming Virginia Attorney General Jason Miayes tells FOX 5 he supports the idea.

"The standard should be easy to vote and hard to cheat," he says. "I think we all should have an interest in making sure that we trust our election system and voter ID is a very simple safe way to do that."

The White House has not endorsed a national vaccine passport. D.C. is considering the idea and last week, Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott discussed a region passport with leaders from Anne Arundel, Frederick, Montgomery and Prince George's Counties.

Virginia Governor-elect Glenn Youngkin says he would block vaccine passports. Virginia is also the only jurisdiction in the DMV that asks people to show ID before they vote.

Sen. Cramer admits his bill tying vaccine passports to voter ID has a tough road, but he says he does hope the bill highlights important points in the voter ID debate.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
In Italy, will be required:
From 20 January the basic Green Pass will be needed to access hairdressers and beauticians, while from 1 February it will be required to enter banks, post offices, non-essential shops and shopping malls.

Tippy

Woodpecker
Other Christian
In the UK, I think if/when Boris goes, the next guy will introduce it quickly.

He will come in saying 'The last PM took covid lightly. I won't be making that mistake...' etc...

For this reason, I hope Boris clings on. I don't like the guy but I think he and the libertarians in the conservative party are the reasons we don't look more like France or Germany right now.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Other Christian
Gold Member
Washington D.C., order from the Mayor not to leave your home without proof of vax!

Many, if not most, of the tourists to DC are from red states. So, Bowser has likely killed the tourist economy for her city for the immediate future. She doesn't care. The reasons she's doing this is because to level-up politically, she has to get a political appointment into the federal government by the Biden Administration.

Easy_C

Peacock
That’s the idea. Where I’m at the idea of cops enforcing that is laughable judging from my own interactions with them at public events, and the idea of any of the local bars trying is LOLworthy.

Crazy88

Sparrow
Other Christian
It’s gonna happen everywhere, isn’t it..
Speaking of the US, most blue districts are in some sort of competition to see who can impose the most Gestapo measures upon their citizens. I’m still waiting for the following announcement:

“Starting XYZ date, you will need to show proof of vaccination to shop at grocery stores.”

It sounds quite unbelievable but so was everything else which were initially dismissed as conspiracy theories and are now in the books.

Every liberty-destroying measure seems to be a dry-run/precursor to even more restrictive measures. They keep testing the sheeple and if there’s no resistance, onto the next phase.

Let’s hope we never get to “no jab, no food”.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
In Italy, will be required:
Oh it's a ''super'' green pass now.
In the UK, I think if/when Boris goes, the next guy will introduce it quickly.

He will come in saying 'The last PM took covid lightly. I won't be making that mistake...' etc...

For this reason, I hope Boris clings on. I don't like the guy but I think he and the libertarians in the conservative party are the reasons we don't look more like France or Germany right now.
What they do is they wait til the gofers are damaged enough to have served their purpose, then to be replaced by the next.