Covid travel restrictions for entering the USA

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer

"Natural immunity to COVID was more effective than the vaccines *alone*"

Interesting! Did anyone else catch that ??
By adding the word "ALONE" they are implying person A has natural immunity (got the virus) versus person B (someone was vaxxed AND ALSO got natural immunity (IE caught the virus anyway despite being vaccinated!)
So basically admitting the vax does nothing.

If the vax worked they would say "vaccinated versus natural immunity" as they would actually have people who were vaxxed but not sick in the study but apparently there were no such people!

Stadtaffe

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
What I read now and then "there's no money in healthy people" does sound like part of the motivation. If the vaccines induce one problem they can then also sell something else to fix it.

If you optimise for profit of private enterprise, including pharma, there is probably a level of health in the population which will maximise profit. That level of health is somewhere between "bedridden and half dying" and "supremely fit and healthy". So some people are too healthy to keep shareholders happy and their health needs to be slightly ruined in the name of capitalism. Also, some people are too close to dying and you don't want to lose a paying customer. Being very healthy and turning away from prescription medecines is simply a threat to these companies. So if you are too healthy, they want to make you sick, and if you are almost dying, they want to try to make you live a bit longer, although "linger on" is probably more correct than "live" for that segment.

Think about factory farming - animals in small enclosures, injections, food specially engineered and optimised.

Does anyone believe even slightly what I often hear - to prevent the hospitals being overwhelmed by cases? Even if that were true I believe they should have geared up with more capacity instead of attacking the healthy. Hence the whole thing remains a lie and a conspiracy.

Stadtaffe

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
My travel is drawing nearer and I have basically given up on the USA as a destination unfortunately but will likely go somewhere in central America instead.

Some of the flight options involve a 'layover' in an American city. Does anyone know if the unvaccinated are even allowed to transit through the USA?

It's not the last option and I can avoid the USA entirely but it would help with the planning to know this.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
My travel is drawing nearer and I have basically given up on the USA as a destination unfortunately but will likely go somewhere in central America instead.

Some of the flight options involve a 'layover' in an American city. Does anyone know if the unvaccinated are even allowed to transit through the USA?

It's not the last option and I can avoid the USA entirely but it would help with the planning to know this.
Call the airline as they are the enforcement arm of air travel

Edit. FWIW a Mexican national I know crossed on foot at the Otay Mesa (Tijuana) entry a week ago. He told me they asked him if he was vaxxed (he is) He answered "yes" but they waived him through without asking for proof. Go figure

Last edited:

Stadtaffe

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
It's not looking good:

Under the current rules you will not be allowed to board any flight from the UK to the USA even if you are just in transit - you go through the same process to transit as you would in entering the USA.

It seems that a US airport does not have an international area where you can move between flights without actually entering the country like other countries do, various sources suggest the concept of international transit does not exist there.

My travel is now booked and does not involve the USA at all :cool: Thankfully certain European countries which ban unvaccinated entry do allow transit. Nevertheless I am a seasoned pandemic traveller and am fully ready for the wait in line for an hour to be told I'm missing that one crucial piece of paper, go away. Will try to jump through all the hoops but you never know if the rules might just change while you are standing in the queue or you've missed that one extra web page of requirements which was not linked. Basically need to budget for the extra expense of tickets in the bin and unplanned multiple nights in hotels waiting for test results or who knows what other BS. If I were to do personal bookkeeping I'd call the category "clown world expenses", but where there's a will there's a way. Will stay optimistic and am usually pleasantly surprised, there's more bark than bite to this a lot of the time.

So if any other travel is needed in the region will assume that the US will is to be given a wide berth.
Edit. FWIW a Mexican national I know crossed on foot at the Otay Mesa (Tijuana) entry a week ago. He told me they asked him if he was vaxxed (he is) He answered "yes" but they waived him through without asking for proof. Go figure
That is cool and sort of what I imagined. I'm not planning such a thing, not really that desperate to cross in like that just to see the sites, enjoy the weather and go touring around. That guy was probably not coming in as a tourist. Good to hear all the anecdotes though..