Covington Catholic Collegiate Boys DC stand off with Native & Black Hebrew Protesters

Gmac

Peacock
Gold Member
Some updates. Two lawsuits.

Lots of behind the scenes funding and some pro-bono work. This is a giant fuck you to the establishment, the SPLC, the media, and Hollywood and it couldn't have happened to nicer people.





List of those being sued in the Covington case.

The Washington Post
The New York Times
Cable News Network, Inc. (CNN)
The Guardian
National Public Radio
TMZ
Atlantic Media Inc.
Capitol Hill Publishing Corp.
Diocese of Covington
Diocese of Lexington
Archdiocese of Louisville
Diocese of Baltimore
Ana Cabrera
Sara Sidner
Erin Burnett
S.E. Cupp
Elliot C. McLaughlin
Amanda Watts
Emanuella Grinberg
Michelle Boorstein
Cleve R. Wootson Jr.
Antonio Olivo
Joe Heim
Michael E. Miller
Eli Rosenberg
Isaac Stanley-Becker
Kristine Phillips
Sarah Mervosh
Emily S. Rueb
Maggie Haberman
David Brooks
Shannon Doyne
Kurt Eichenwald
Andrea Mitchell
Savannah Guthrie
Joy Reid
Chuck Todd
Noah Berlatsky
Elisha Fieldstadt
Eun Kyung Kim
HBO
Bill Maher
Warner Media
Conde Nast
GQ
Heavy.com
The Hill
The Atlantic
Bustle.com
Ilhan Omar
Elizabeth Warren
Kathy Griffin
Alyssa Milano
Jim Carrey

Because the victims were minors, libel / defamation cases only require you to prove negligence on behalf of the accused. This should be amazing to watch.

My understanding is the Nick Sandman case is separate from the rest of the kids - so there should be more to come.

Enjoy!
 

MrLemon

 
Banned
RE: Covington Catholic Collegiate Boys DC stand off with Native & Black Hebrew Pro...

Foolsgo1d said:
I hope for their sake they win a lot of those because that is going to be expensive as hell.

Not to be too extreme but...

I wonder if this is a viable tool to crush a bunch of left wing media. I mean, drive them bankrupt.

Since they've abandoned their pretense of editorial integrity/impartiality, "everything" they are printing is subject to libel laws.
 

scotian

Peacock
Gold Member
RE: Covington Catholic Collegiate Boys DC stand off with Native & Black Hebrew Pro...

I didn’t know that the tentacle porn aficionado weighed in on this story, good to his his name on that list too.
 

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
RE: Covington Catholic Collegiate Boys DC stand off with Native & Black Hebrew Pro...

MrLemon said:
Foolsgo1d said:
I hope for their sake they win a lot of those because that is going to be expensive as hell.

Not to be too extreme but...

I wonder if this is a viable tool to crush a bunch of left wing media. I mean, drive them bankrupt.

Since they've abandoned their pretense of editorial integrity/impartiality, "everything" they are printing is subject to libel laws.

I would tread carefully. What they can do against the left or those we hate can be spun around and the same is done to those we like.
 

eradicator

Peacock
Agnostic
Gold Member
RE: Covington Catholic Collegiate Boys DC stand off with Native & Black Hebrew Pro...

Foolsgo1d said:
MrLemon said:
Foolsgo1d said:
I hope for their sake they win a lot of those because that is going to be expensive as hell.

Not to be too extreme but...

I wonder if this is a viable tool to crush a bunch of left wing media. I mean, drive them bankrupt.

Since they've abandoned their pretense of editorial integrity/impartiality, "everything" they are printing is subject to libel laws.

I would tread carefully. What they can do against the left or those we hate can be spun around and the same is done to those we like.

I don't really care if Fox news gets sued. Or you mean Alex Jones or Breitbart?
 

ChicagoFire

Kingfisher
RE: Covington Catholic Collegiate Boys DC stand off with Native & Black Hebrew Pro...

Foolsgo1d said:
I would tread carefully. What they can do against the left or those we hate can be spun around and the same is done to those we like.

The right doesn't form an online lynch mob against adolescents over what is now known as a harmless gesture. Even then I wouldn't care if Fox goes bankrupt as they're controlled opposition. These SOBs had it coming, I as an American just want to be left alone to make my money and yet I have to deal with my society degenerating and being told I'm racist and all that bull.

Look at the Never Trump cuckservatives like SE Cupp jumping on the side of the establishment. Ha fool now you have to answer to a nationalist led lawsuit. It's like they say with friends like this who needs enemies? I've always said in real life the younger generation is woke and vastly different than boomer cucks. God bless you Mr. Sandmann and Mr Pearson.

People can say what they want about President Trump and what he's doing for America but one key thing he has done is expose the left for what they are: a bully operation.

I agree 100% with Gmac this lawsuit should be a real work of art. Learn to code motherfuckers.
 

3stripedlakeshadow

Woodpecker
Other Christian
The only alternative going forward from this should be:

1. If you're accused of racism - sue.

2. If someone calls you a racist, document it and sue for defamation of character.

3. If anyone calls you anything, or labels you anything that could potentially negatively impact your reputation/job - sue.

Another poster had advocated to tread carefully - those days are past. The left will do everything in it's power to maintain control. I say sue them daily and often.
 

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member
debeguiled said:
Good find. This was excellent. Cut through all the counter narratives with mostly raw footage in under 15 minutes. Make your liberal friends watch this before discussing this with them.

Plus, what a cluster this whole situation turned out to be, esp. as shown in that clip.
All the while, for nothing much at all...

No violence. No punches thrown. No property damage. Hell, not even any eggs or cream pies were thrown...
 

Days of Broken Arrows

Crow
Gold Member
RE: Covington Catholic Collegiate Boys DC stand off with Native & Black Hebrew Pro...

Gmac said:
Some updates. Two lawsuits.

Lots of behind the scenes funding and some pro-bono work. This is a giant fuck you to the establishment, the SPLC, the media, and Hollywood and it couldn't have happened to nicer people.





List of those being sued in the Covington case.

The Washington Post
The New York Times
Cable News Network, Inc. (CNN)
The Guardian
National Public Radio
TMZ
Atlantic Media Inc.
Capitol Hill Publishing Corp.
Diocese of Covington
Diocese of Lexington
Archdiocese of Louisville
Diocese of Baltimore
Ana Cabrera
Sara Sidner
Erin Burnett
S.E. Cupp
Elliot C. McLaughlin
Amanda Watts
Emanuella Grinberg
Michelle Boorstein
Cleve R. Wootson Jr.
Antonio Olivo
Joe Heim
Michael E. Miller
Eli Rosenberg
Isaac Stanley-Becker
Kristine Phillips
Sarah Mervosh
Emily S. Rueb
Maggie Haberman
David Brooks
Shannon Doyne
Kurt Eichenwald
Andrea Mitchell
Savannah Guthrie
Joy Reid
Chuck Todd
Noah Berlatsky
Elisha Fieldstadt
Eun Kyung Kim
HBO
Bill Maher
Warner Media
Conde Nast
GQ
Heavy.com
The Hill
The Atlantic
Bustle.com
Ilhan Omar
Elizabeth Warren
Kathy Griffin
Alyssa Milano
Jim Carrey

Because the victims were minors, libel / defamation cases only require you to prove negligence on behalf of the accused. This should be amazing to watch.

My understanding is the Nick Sandman case is separate from the rest of the kids - so there should be more to come.

Enjoy!


I don't know how much it matters that they were minors. What will probably matter more is that they were private citizens, not public figures.

Under libel laws, being a public figure means you usually can't sue for libel, unless it's clearly evident that the media caused you to lose money. This is what allows us to criticize our government officials, and it's an important law.

However, when the media defames private citizens, that's an easier type of libel case to win. The rule in newsrooms used to be: "Say what you want about the governor, but be careful what you say about the gardener." Because editors knew that if private citizens could sue successfully for damaged reputations and livelihoods.

Clearly, news media organizations don't follow this rule anymore. But there's more here than that.

Decades ago, if you worked for a newspaper in any capacity, you were NOT ALLOWED to express opinions in a public venue. That meant: No getting involved in political campaigns and no bumper stickers on cars (to cite two examples). Because opinionated, outspoken writers meant the public could claim the newspaper had a clear bias.

Big Media doesn't enforce this rule anymore either. And here is where all of the above writers and commentators went woefully wrong.

The Twitter accounts of these individuals usually say things like "Writer for the Washington Post. Kitten lover. Opinions all mine."

That last line is why these media figures are getting sued as individuals. It's because they (stupidly) may have libeled these kids ***on their own time*** as opposed to doing in under the safe umbrella of a Big Media company.

How stupid is that? I'd say very stupid and very arrogant.

Will this affect conservative media if Covington side wins these lawsuits? Possibly. Conservatives mercilessly mocked Florida teen David Hogg when he came out for gun control after allegedly witnessing a school shooting. So Hogg may have had a case.

But...here's the catch. Because of the current media/sociological landscape, Hogg was able to benefit from the negative publicity. These kids likely won't. It'll be interesting to see how the courts handle this.
 

ChicagoFire

Kingfisher
RE: Covington Catholic Collegiate Boys DC stand off with Native & Black Hebrew Pro...

Days of Broken Arrows said:
I don't know how much it matters that they were minors. What will probably matter more is that they were private citizens, not public figures.

Under libel laws, being a public figure means you usually can't sue for libel, unless it's clearly evident that the media caused you to lose money. However, when the media defames private citizens, that's an easier type case to win.

The rule in newsrooms used to be: "Say what you want about the governor, but be careful what you say about the gardener." Because editors knew that if private citizens were the object of ridicule in print, they'd have a much better chance of winning a lawsuit.

Clearly, news media organizations don't follow this rule anymore. But there's more here than that.

Decades ago, if you worked for a newspaper in any capacity, you were NOT ALLOWED to express opinions in a public venue. That meant: No getting involved in political campaigns and no bumper stickers on cars. Because if you did, people could claim the newspaper had a clear bias.

Once again, Big Media now doesn't enforce this rule anymore either. And here is where all of the above writers and commentators went woefully wrong.

The Twitter accounts of these individuals usually say things like "Writer for the Washington Post. Kitten lover. Opinions all mine."

That last line is why these media figures are getting sued as individuals. It's because they (stupidly) may have libeled these kids ***on their own time*** as opposed to doing in under the safe umbrella of a Big Media company.

How stupid is that? I'd say very stupid and very arrogant.

Will this affect conservative media if Covington side wins these lawsuits? Possibly. Conservatives mercilessly mocked Florida teen David Hogg when he came out for gun control after allegedly witnessing a school shooting. So Hogg may have had a case.

But...here's the catch. Because of the current media/sociological landscape, Hogg was able to benefit from the negative publicity. These kids likely won't. It'll be interesting to see how the courts handle this.

+1 WOW!! This made my jaw drop. Post of the day.
 

Avoy

 
Banned
RE: Covington Catholic Collegiate Boys DC stand off with Native & Black Hebrew Pro...

debeguiled said:
MOVSM said:


Good find. This was excellent. Cut through all the counter narratives with mostly raw footage in under 15 minutes. Make your liberal friends watch this before discussing this with them.


Sadly, even showing something as well put together as this does little to a convince a liberal that a fake narrative was spun. I know this to be true because I've sent things like this to close family members in the past and its had no affect. They either claim ignorance, won't respond, or they will latch on to something insignificant like "Did you see...? Those Covington boys called those girls sluts!" It's all too predictable at this point, so I stopped trying to convince anyone of anything. Plus, the act of showing an injustice that was done to your side (like the Trump supporters who got attacked in San Jose) will not get you any sympathy or make them convert. Basically, it's all a waste of time -- better to leave them in their reality bubble.

I also find it fascinating that moderate left acquaintances never condemn or ostracize the extreme far left (Antifa, Communists, Socialists, etc.). In their mind, these activists are not associated with them while they influence the Democratic Party significantly.
 

PharaohRa

Kingfisher
If the Sandmann Standoff results in having the SPLC burnt to the ground, then I am all for it. Hell, when the fires of civil lawsuits are unleashed on the SPLC, I will bring the marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate and we will all make smores from the fires!
 

MrLemon

 
Banned
RE: Covington Catholic Collegiate Boys DC stand off with Native & Black Hebrew Pro...

Avoy said:
debeguiled said:
MOVSM said:


Good find. This was excellent. Cut through all the counter narratives with mostly raw footage in under 15 minutes. Make your liberal friends watch this before discussing this with them.


Sadly, even showing something as well put together as this does little to a convince a liberal that a fake narrative was spun. I know this to be true because I've sent things like this to close family members in the past and its had no affect. They either claim ignorance, won't respond, or they will latch on to something insignificant like "Did you see...? Those Covington boys called those girls sluts!" It's all too predictable at this point, so I stopped trying to convince anyone of anything. Plus, the act of showing an injustice that was done to your side (like the Trump supporters who got attacked in San Jose) will not get you any sympathy or make them convert. Basically, it's all a waste of time -- better to leave them in their reality bubble.

I also find it fascinating that moderate left acquaintances never condemn or ostracize the extreme far left (Antifa, Communists, Socialists, etc.). In their mind, these activists are not associated with them while they influence the Democratic Party significantly.


Thats why we don't try to convince. We sue and destroy them financially. This is war. War means ruined lives.
 

Avoy

 
Banned
RE: Covington Catholic Collegiate Boys DC stand off with Native & Black Hebrew Pro...

MrLemon said:
Thats why we don't try to convince. We sue and destroy them financially. This is war. War means ruined lives.

Yes, I'm very interested to see how lawsuits against individuals go (wins here will be huge). I think some damage may be done to the SPLC, but they will either survive or be replaced in the future by another organization with a different name. Would love to see a counter right-leaning organization that identifies subversive individuals, groups, and organizations and went after their livelihood by initiating similar attack campaigns and publicly listing them. I would donate to something like that. We should be fighting fire with fire -- but the right is asleep at the wheel.
 

Transsimian

Ostrich
Gold Member
RE: Covington Catholic Collegiate Boys DC stand off with Native & Black Hebrew Pro...

Sorry if this has been posted before, but our dear friend Nathan Phillips has starred in a skrilex video.
 
Top