Creation of the Ladies Forum (subforum)

Roosh

Cardinal
I have created a subforum here called the Ladies Forum (it is located towards the bottom of the main forum listing) which both men and women can post in. I have made this decision because there is a growing number of Christian women following me who could use a platform to seek advice or guidance that increases their faith. I have been hesitant in the past several months to make this move because I was concerned that it would negatively impact the forum culture, but I believe that will not happen because of how the subforum will be implemented (see below). I also believe that it would be an act of mercy for women who currently do not have any platforms where they can discuss the truth and their faith in a way that we are able to do here. The closest they have are "red pill for women" forums which are not at all sufficient because of their secular focus.

How will the forum be implemented? New members will be asked to answer at registration whether they are male or female. If they answer female, they are placed in a different user group that allows them to post only in the Ladies Forum. In effect, this will be a forum within a forum. Men will be able to post in the Ladies Forum like they can in all other parts.

"I'm a woman with a lurker account. How do I change my sex?" Go to your Account Details and select female as your sex. You should then have posting privileges in the Ladies Forum in two hours.

"But this is a men's only forum!" This is a Christian forum now and I seek to create a platform that most mimics the fellowship you can experience in church. There is opportunity for mostly men's-only discussion but also a mixed fellowship as well. Female-only discussion can occur through the private conversations feature.

"This will attract women who seek attention and cause distraction." Existing rules apply. Women cannot share identifying photos of themselves (rule no. 8) or otherwise be a low-quality poster (rule no. 3). I don't anticipate a rush of beta males who register to slide in the PMs of "OrthoGal1997". Besides, you always have the option of never entering the Ladies Forum. In that case, I expect you not to even to notice that there is a women's section.

I know some of the old guard will not be happy with this decision and claim that the sky is falling, but this is the next step of helping all come to Christ. I expect it to bear many fruits.

ginsu

Woodpecker
Another option for women looking to receive info/connect with like minded women is twitter. ONLY IF you use it well. Which means unfollowing and blocking enthusiastically, you have to be serious about maintaining a quality feed otherwise its probably better not to use social media.

Some examples of people i think who are great to follow @rooshv @margaritaevna95 @Evie_Magazine @BritMartinez @feminineinspo @RRR0BYN if you start with those you will be put into a certain corner of twitter that is its own community. Be hesitant to follow and quick to unfollow/block if you see something from an account you don't like. There are many men and women playing a role on twitter but the mask drops sometimes at which point they get removed from the feed. Less is more.

Last edited:

Maecenas

Sparrow
I also like the idea of only females being able to participate there. I don’t like the feeling or thought I could interact with a woman on this site

Edit: there’s one post already from a guy asking about gift advice which is pretty lame in my opinion

Edit 2: but yes, love that there’s a space for these women to talk with each other now! Definitely needed

Last edited:

ginsu

Woodpecker
All the women posting there now have the same writing style, same paragraph spacing, same tone, same opinions. I will not return.

To be fair that part of the forum isn't really meant for us ( guys ) anyway. Its not surprising that the women settle pretty quickly on somekind of baseline about what is acceptable talk and what not, i noticed some slight henpecking already to establish this frame. Maybe with more female members there will be a bigger variety of posters and it will lead to more confidence to express varying opinions. I would also prefer if the posts from ladies forum didn't show up in the '' whats new '' category. That way we can just pretend its not there.

Last edited:

Maecenas

Sparrow
All the women posting there now have the same writing style, same paragraph spacing, same tone, same opinions. I will not return.

It’s true women can value social cohesion more and that’s something to celebrate, not attack them for.

Edit: but anyways I don’t even think they’re syncing up their tone and writing style that much. Maybe they just happen to be similar people, like us guys here with the way we’re opinionated and assertive about what we think

andy dufresne

Kingfisher
Roosh, I've noticed it's difficult to separate out what threads are in the ladies threads and what are not. I think many of us Gents would like to be respectful and not post in there but it can be difficult to see which ones are those threads. Might it be possible to find a better way to delineate these threads?

Roosh

Cardinal
Roosh, I've noticed it's difficult to separate out what threads are in the ladies threads and what are not. I think many of us Gents would like to be respectful and not post in there but it can be difficult to see which ones are those threads. Might it be possible to find a better way to delineate these threads?
Where are you seeing the threads that you cannot identify and separate? At the top of every thread is a breadcrumb that tells you which forum you're in.