Creation of the Ladies Forum (subforum)

MtnMan

Woodpecker
I think he is referring to the threads listed under "Latest Threads" at the left of the forum home page. You can see a thread pop up there with a title, click on it and start posting, but not realize that it is in the ladies forum if you forgot to check the top of the thread.
Where are you seeing the threads that you cannot identify and separate? At the top of every thread is a breadcrumb that tells you which forum you're in.

andy dufresne

Kingfisher
I think he is referring to the threads listed under "Latest Threads" at the left of the forum home page. You can see a thread pop up there with a title, click on it and start posting, but not realize that it is in the ladies forum if you forgot to check the top of the thread.
Bingo.

Roosh

Cardinal
In that listing it says which forum it is in, allowing you to easily avoid the ladies forum easily.

screenshot-www.rooshvforum.com-2020.12.17-11_51_25.png

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Just an anecdote.

One evening in the long gone days of 2012, I left my computer open to this site. The tab probably had a headline in the style that was particular to that day, one in which you can't just look at it and look away. You need to dive deeper.

I poured myself a drink and stepped into my luxurious shower for a steam and a cold shower. When I emerged some time later, my girl was sitting at my laptop engrossed in the site, dozens of tabs now on display. There was a bottle of wine in front of her, and she was rosy cheeked and excited. She had been devouring the travel section, but was now reading other places with wide eyed abandon.

"This is amazing!" She said. "Is this how you always know such cool guys whenever you travel? It all makes such sense!"

She laughed at the biting humor, the razor sharp wit, marveled at the investment acumen, the flying hacks and of course the ease with which the men of this forum went about their bachelorhood. It was amazing to her that such a group of men were in a large part closed off to her. She wanted to share it with all her friends.

"If women had this, we would devolve into jealous catfights and shallow humble brag selfies in no time".

Well girl from 2012, now you do.

andy dufresne

Kingfisher
In that listing it says which forum it is in, allowing you to easily avoid the ladies forum easily.

View attachment 27755
That requires actual work on my part. :) I'll be more careful but I'm also pointing this out because I've noticed other Gents doing the same. It's not immediately obvious and if your intent is to create a 'safe space' (insert woke irony) then you may want to make things a bit clearer.

lizziedan

Chicken
Woman
I wanted to reply to the poster whose son is having a bastard; I just wanted to say it's very hard to raise good men and women in today's world and when your son hits you, his father, it's all over. Seems like he took after the mother.

lizziedan

Chicken
Woman
I remember the first time posted on a US forum, fifteen years ago, some woman had divorced her husband and her teens weren't doing well. I suggested she go back to her marriage because divorcee life is never a good idea for a family, well I got horrendous abuse, real visceral hatred. No one conceded one point. They didn't care the teens were missing their father. Horrible experience.

lizziedan

Chicken
Woman
Thanks for letting me join your forum Roosh. I sent you a YouTuber called T.Sheri...n recently but I found out just now he's a blasphemer- a very bad one. Sorry about that.

muhtea

Robin
Woman
I think the ladies forum would be better without men in it, including voting on posts (we can't vote on men's posts). I thought this at the beginning but as it has gone on it's really become clear that there's too much potential for simping and attention whoring. Although there has been some good advice from men as well, on the whole I think it's disruptive.

I think the ladies forum would be better without men in it, including voting on posts (we can't vote on men's posts). I thought this at the beginning but as it has gone on it's really become clear that there's too much potential for simping and attention whoring. Although there has been some good advice from men as well, on the whole I think it's disruptive.

Do posts that ask only for responses from "the ladies" have this problem too?

PVW

Pigeon
Woman

If some of the men's posts aren't disruptive, then they can be distracting. This guideline on how men should post on the women's forum resonates:

Reminders for male posters

1. This isn't a subforum to initiate discussions or heady debates that are targeted towards men. Use the other subforums for that.

2. Be thoughtful when posting advice or spiritual guidance. We don't want to lead women down the wrong path with advice that is confusing or not well thought out.

Further thoughts. If women can't vote on men's posts in a women's forum, doesn't that subvert the guideline on how men should behave there?

muhtea

Robin
Woman
It just kind of defeats the purpose I think. I almost just gave it a miss because of that and at this point I kind of wish I had. Maybe I should just take the hint. The type of men who regularly post in the women's forum, and show up specially to downvote posts, are basically normies. Or else they're just men who apparently enjoy ladies' tea parties.

PVW

Pigeon
Woman
It just kind of defeats the purpose I think. I almost just gave it a miss because of that and at this point I kind of wish I had. Maybe I should just take the hint. The type of men who regularly post in the women's forum, and show up specially to downvote posts, are basically normies. Or else they're just men who apparently enjoy ladies' tea parties.
Or ignore the men who post. That's always an option.

Your observation about men who attend ladies' tea parties, that gave me a good chuckle.

Last edited: