Creation of the Ladies Forum (subforum)

Sometimes they have IIRC.
Or ignore the men who post. That's always an option.

You ladies know better than I if this works with most men but my guess is it does. Unless there's an official ruling, I would have OP put in their post how they only want responses from ladies. If a man responds multiple times (vs an accidental one-off), I'd report him, so mods can ask if he's going for the princess crown at the tea party. :laughter:

trexler

Sparrow
I think the ladies forum would be better without men in it, including voting on posts (we can't vote on men's posts). I thought this at the beginning but as it has gone on it's really become clear that there's too much potential for simping and attention whoring. Although there has been some good advice from men as well, on the whole I think it's disruptive.

Errr...

Roosh

Cardinal
I think the ladies forum would be better without men in it, including voting on posts (we can't vote on men's posts). I thought this at the beginning but as it has gone on it's really become clear that there's too much potential for simping and attention whoring. Although there has been some good advice from men as well, on the whole I think it's disruptive.
This will not happen. Women without male leadership is what society already has, and look where that ends up.

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
Women without male leadership is what society already has, and look where that ends up.
This is basically what I was going to say.

But also, having been a mod/admin on a fairly big/active forum once upon a time, I tend to think that "little avenues for poor behavior" are best left open for people to out themselves early as disruptive. The more completely you manage to preempt bad behavior with restrictions, the longer it takes for the dingbats to get themselves banned. :squintlol:

Roosh

Cardinal
This is basically what I was going to say.

But also, having been a mod/admin on a fairly big/active forum once upon a time, I tend to think that "little avenues for poor behavior" are best left open for people to out themselves early as disruptive. The more completely you manage to preempt bad behavior with restrictions, the longer it takes for the dingbats to get themselves banned. :squintlol:
Yes there is no "male elder" for the Ladies Forum right now, and I'm a bit stretched thin so I can only pop in once in a while.

messaggera

Woodpecker
Woman
great to follow @rooshv @margaritaevna95 @Evie_Magazine @BritMartinez @RRR0BYN if you start with those you will be put into a certain corner of twitter that is its own community.

With sincere disagreement (given the conversations that have taken place over the weekend and the questions in the ladies forum within the thread title: After Audrey: The Contemporary and Classy Female Icons in Public Life Thread ) Evie Magazine is not an appropriate source for young impressional Christian girls. [Thread link]

Evie is a secular magazine, that uses sexualization for marketing. Here is an article example that applies the idea of submission (a topic heavily focused on within this forum) to a secular relationship. And praises the most ungodly role models.

You'd Be Surprised By These Celebrities Who Choose To Be Submissive In Their Relationships by Juliana Stewart – 20 March 2021

Jeannie Mai, Cara Delevingne, Candace Cameron Bure, and Lady Gaga have all admitted that they are submissive in their relationships.
“Being submissive in a relationship means that one partner is the leader and takes on a dominant role, while the other takes a submissive role.

Submission is like a dance between two lovers who respect, admire, and understand each other’s differences. It requires a huge level of trust and should always be a choice based on mutual consent.

As @Kitty Tantrum pointed out:
TBH to me these prompts (from several posters) often feel like someone collecting information for the purposed of cobbling together "articles" either to sell to "content aggregators" or to use as the pretext for sneaking affiliate-marketing cookies into people's browsers to skim a small percentage off of whatever they eventually purchase online.

Here is a recent tweet by Evie founder and model:

As you can see this can be very confusing and ill advice to direct young impressionable Christian women and girls to this type of advice website. All one has to do is look at the article headlines within this website.

Can someone provide a supporting argument to look at how the website mentioned can be supported as a positive resources for young impressionable Christian ?

ginsu

Woodpecker
Same response as in the other thread:

Good point, but I don't think there is a way to change the content of the opening post other than deleting the whole thread and starting over with a new one.

So that's something you would have to ask the mods to do, you could create a new opening post that contains more and better resources which align with the recent stated goals of the forum. Feel free to do so

Stefani

Chicken
Woman
I have created a subforum here called the Ladies Forum (it is located towards the bottom of the main forum listing) which both men and women can post in. I have made this decision because there is a growing number of Christian women following me who could use a platform to seek advice or guidance that increases their faith. I have been hesitant in the past several months to make this move because I was concerned that it would negatively impact the forum culture, but I believe that will not happen because of how the subforum will be implemented (see below). I also believe that it would be an act of mercy for women who currently do not have any platforms where they can discuss the truth and their faith in a way that we are able to do here. The closest they have are "red pill for women" forums which are not at all sufficient because of their secular focus.

How will the forum be implemented? New members will be asked to answer at registration whether they are male or female. If they answer female, they are placed in a different user group that allows them to post only in the Ladies Forum. In effect, this will be a forum within a forum. Men will be able to post in the Ladies Forum like they can in all other parts.

"I'm a woman with a lurker account. How do I change my sex?" Go to your Account Details and select female as your sex. You should then have posting privileges in the Ladies Forum in two hours.

"But this is a men's only forum!" This is a Christian forum now and I seek to create a platform that most mimics the fellowship you can experience in church. There is opportunity for mostly men's-only discussion but also a mixed fellowship as well. Female-only discussion can occur through the private conversations feature.

"This will attract women who seek attention and cause distraction." Existing rules apply. Women cannot share identifying photos of themselves (rule no. 8) or otherwise be a low-quality poster (rule no. 3). I don't anticipate a rush of beta males who register to slide in the PMs of "OrthoGal1997". Besides, you always have the option of never entering the Ladies Forum. In that case, I expect you not to even to notice that there is a women's section.

I know some of the old guard will not be happy with this decision and claim that the sky is falling, but this is the next step of helping all come to Christ. I expect it to bear many fruits.
Hello, are muslim women allowed to join the ladies forum?